United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mourinho can not spend £100 million on a player and then act like Utd are underdogs, the press would ridicule him.
i fear we're speculating here as to how one group would react if another acted in a certain way following something that he hasn't yet and might never do.

Unread 11-07-2016, 04:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mourinho can not spend £100 million on a player and then act like Utd are underdogs, the press would ridicule him.
Doubt he'd care. The list of 49 young players shows he still doesn't really give a £#%&! about how people take what he says; he just says it. He had the most expensively assembled team in the world in Madrid and claimed conspiracies stopped them winning in Europe.

Glad we appear to be trying to get business done quickly. He must feel that with so many new or newish managers in the league, a good start for United, with his experience in this league, and we'd be hard to catch.

Unread 11-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
i fear we're speculating here as to how one group would react if another acted in a certain way following something that he hasn't yet and might never do.
True, but it is pre-season, a time of intense drama and swings from giddy heights to the doomiest depths.

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:29 PM
saffers

Second installment fascinating, contradicts the line from Diego Torres and RI about what really happened in May 2013

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:33 PM
itisme_panaflex

Ffs

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Buck

Bullshit

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:44 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Bullshit
This.

Unread 13-07-2016, 01:50 PM
saffers

Don't buy it either.

Ferie was grooming Moyeseh.

Unread 13-07-2016, 02:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Second installment fascinating, contradicts the line from Diego Torres and RI about what really happened in May 2013

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/st...97744572030976
Diego Torres's theorem was always a pile of shite.

I reckon Freggle did ask Mourinho if he'd be interested, but he hadn't at that stage confirmed he was definitely stepping down. By the time he did, Mourinho was already going to Chelsea. We didn't "miss out on him", he didn't refuse us, nor did we reject him.

Unread 13-07-2016, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:

https://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/st...97744572030976
That's just a £#%&!ing fluff piece Castles is a :£#%&!er:

Unread 13-07-2016, 02:35 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That's just a £#%&!ing fluff piece Castles is a :£#%&!er:
He probably does Mourinho's laundry and cleans his car on a Sunday.

Unread 13-07-2016, 05:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Diego Torres's theorem was always a pile of shite.

I reckon Freggle did ask Mourinho if he'd be interested, but he hadn't at that stage confirmed he was definitely stepping down. By the time he did, Mourinho was already going to Chelsea. We didn't "miss out on him", he didn't refuse us, nor did we reject him.
You think? Torres is surely far more credible than £#%&!ing Castles, who is just putting out the Mendes agenda.

The level of sucking up to United from Mou in Feb 2013 when he came to OT with Real Madrid speaks louder than any of this imo.

Unread 13-07-2016, 07:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You think? Torres is surely far more credible than £#%&!ing Castles, who is just putting out the Mendes agenda.

The level of sucking up to United from Mou in Feb 2013 when he came to OT with Real Madrid speaks louder than any of this imo.
Mou throwing Ferguson a bone? Something cooked up over a cheeky rioja at Carrington?

The start of a great alliance?

Unread 13-07-2016, 08:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

He'd already taken the Chelsea job. Remember he said "I will go to where I am loved".

Haven't even read Torres's book but even the few excerpts I have read are so shot with inconsistencies. Him and Castles are both bullshit artists.

Unread 14-07-2016, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
He'd already taken the Chelsea job. Remember he said "I will go to where I am loved".

Haven't even read Torres's book but even the few excerpts I have read are so shot with inconsistencies. Him and Castles are both bullshit artists.
I remember him saying that, although at the time I don't recall people interpreting it as specifically meaning Chelsea. You could say he meant England in general and was a heads up to the clubs about his impending availability.

Castles is clearly just a mouthpiece. He was slagging United off for not being convinced by Mourinho a few months ago. Have heard Sid Lowe say that Torres is pretty credible.

Unread 17-07-2016, 02:30 PM
saffers

Unbelievable, Fellaini stays.

Unread 17-07-2016, 02:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
That gangly @#%&! must have more dirt on people than J Edgar Hoover.

Unread 17-07-2016, 07:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Daley Blind, Juan Mata, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Marcos Rojo have all been made available for sale
Keep pushing that don't they..

Unread 17-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Keep pushing that don't they..
Who is going to be stupid enough to buy Rojo? (Us obviously)

Unread 17-07-2016, 07:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Who is going to be stupid enough to buy Rojo? (Us obviously)
Must be someone. Weren't Everton sniffing?
Closed Thread