United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:40 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The thing that £#%&!s me off is that he might be a decent player if he wasn't such a £#%&!ing fanny that falls under even the slightest pressure. The penalty Saturday being a case in point, he should've gone on and scored, or at least tried to, he was falling over as soon as he was goal side of the defender the cheating @#%&!.
Agree it says something about his mentality. He was never interesting in scoring. Neville and Carragher made reasonable points about the Palace defender's decision to go to ground, but they insisted it was a penalty - I've seen a few replays and I still don't see a foul, tbh.

Unread 17-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Agree it says something about his mentality. He was never interesting in scoring. Neville and Carragher made reasonable points about the Palace defender's decision to go to ground, but they insisted it was a penalty - I've seen a few replays and I still don't see a foul, tbh.
how on earth can you not see a foul he was between the defender and the ball ffs

just to prove your point is nonsense, when anderson played him in into a similar situation he got a shot off just before being fouled

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if a player changed direction in order to run into a defender it would be called cheating.
wingers are supposed to suck defenders in and then change direction. that's the whole point of it. if they are caught by the defender it is invariably a foul, which they may or may not be able to (or want to) try and ride.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:06 AM
BioEars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
wingers are supposed to suck defenders in and then change direction. that's the whole point of it. if they are caught by the defender it is invariably a foul, which they may or may not be able to (or want to) try and ride.
Don't defend Young, he goes down quicker than me on the missus when she gives me a flash.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
how on earth can you not see a foul he was between the defender and the ball ffs

just to prove your point is nonsense, when anderson played him in into a similar situation he got a shot off just before being fouled
Just watched it again. Neville's analysis is a little weird. He slows it down and suggests there's no foul until the Palace defender leaves his feet, at which point Young is already well on the way down. Neville is saying "no foul at this point" when Young has already fallen. Which is why I don't think it's a foul. The defender did not impede him. He fell over of his own accord. Again.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:18 AM
BioEars

Quote:
Just watched it again. Neville's analysis is a little weird. He slows it down and suggests there's no foul until the Palace defender leaves his feet, at which point Young is already well on the way down. Neville is saying "no foul at this point" when Young has already fallen. Which is why I don't think it's a foul. The defender did not impede him. He fell over of his own accord. Again.
He's done far far worse than for that penalty incident, that's just a position he found himself in and he drew the foul. One of his much better decisions.

Clumsy, stupid defending getting so close and giving fouls away. Sick of seeing it.

I played to a very high standard up until leaving school and could still strut my stuff, if i'd ever ended up needing to be so close to an attacker at the point where he was about to shoot i'd have been ashamed for weeks.

Shit defending.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Don't particularly disagree that the defender made a mistake. But it can be both poor decision-making from the defender and a dive.

@ 2:40

Can we really say the defender brought him down? By the time his foot comes across, Young is almost horizontal.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
didn't see sky sports sadly

but apparently jamie carragher said it was an obvious penalty - which it was.

not sure what any of that has to do with it anyway. I know it was a penalty and have seen the video myself as well.

now judging by freeze frames etc it can be argued that the foul began outside the area and that the first point of contact is where the fk should be from but personally I think that's absolute %@#$&!s. if a foul continues into the box then it is a penalty.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioEars
Don't defend Young, he goes down quicker than me on the missus when she gives me a flash.
pretty fair to say that the whole point of this is to try and get away from the individual concerned and look at the actual evidence. then again, we have to take into account Young's running style, which is unique even when running free.

Unread 17-09-2013, 01:40 AM
BioEars

Quote:
Don't particularly disagree that the defender made a mistake. But it can be both poor decision-making from the defender and a dive.

@ 2:40

Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher analysis Ashley Young's dive against Crystal Palace - YouTube

Can we really say the defender brought him down? By the time his foot comes across, Young is almost horizontal.
The defensive awareness for the whole Crystal Palace team when that shit left footed pass is played is astounding. The 2 players nearer to the goal than the Utd players aren't sensing any danger at all and are starting to trot out. A £#%&!ing joke.

And when Young got control of it the reaction of the 2 closest Palace players is pathetic, it's half hearted until they catch on.

And the ending is just disastrous, running so closely alongside someone and then lunging is awful.

Unread 17-09-2013, 03:05 AM
rafabio

The fact that none of the players, not a single one protested the booking says a lot. And moyes summed it up perfectly. Young put his leg to make sure he got the contact and went down. Cheating @#%&!. Hope moyes sells the @#%&! in Jan. Or better the @#%&! gets injured and we don't have to watch him in a united shirt

Unread 17-09-2013, 03:15 AM
BioEars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
The fact that none of the players, not a single one protested the booking says a lot. And moyes summed it up perfectly. Young put his leg to make sure he got the contact and went down. Cheating @#%&!. Hope moyes sells the @#%&! in Jan. Or better the @#%&! gets injured and we don't have to watch him in a united shirt
rafabio, we've had a brief exchange already on here and i'm afraid i'm going to have to beat you off on this occasion.

You're being argumentative and silly.

Unread 17-09-2013, 05:43 AM
shenwen

The penalty dive wasn't even the worst example.

A little later, out on the wing, back to the Pakace goal (just where Young liked to be), a defender behind him but no contact and he went down like the proverbial dying swan. Ref ignored it, teammates ignored it and play carried on, while the shit bag slowly gets back to his feet.

Appalling

Unread 17-09-2013, 06:13 AM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioEars
and i'm afraid i'm going to have to beat you off on this occasion.

Unread 17-09-2013, 06:42 AM
puressence

Don't remember all this bile and hatred being spouted wen cr dived for penalties without any contact .. Forgot we can not tarnish the PRODIGAL SONS name ..utd fans are as bad as the press who already have an anti utd agenda

Unread 17-09-2013, 06:58 AM
jem

Quote:
yes, but if a winger deliberately runs into a defender, he won't get a free kick. his change of direction should be intended to get himself and the ball beyond the defender. no one is saying they have to run in a straight line unless they are called robben; duff or kanchelskis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don't remember all this bile and hatred being spouted wen cr dived for penalties without any contact .. Forgot we can not tarnish the PRODIGAL SONS name ..utd fans are as bad as the press who already have an anti utd agenda
you don't remember much. ronaldo, ruud, rooney... all slated for diving. young isn't helped by doing it five times a match and doing little else. like you and being an arse.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yes, but if a winger deliberately runs into a defender, he won't get a free kick. his change of direction should be intended to get himself and the ball beyond the defender. no one is saying they have to run in a straight line unless they are called robben; duff or kanchelskis.

you don't remember much. ronaldo, ruud, rooney... all slated for diving. young isn't helped by doing it five times a match and doing little else. like you and being an arse.
Ronaldo and RvN were regularly slated for diving right enough, but I've not heard Rooney slated I don't think. He's had a bit of stick in the media for it maybe, but not at games.

He clearly is a diver, but I think Young gets fouled a lot and is very easy to foul as well because of how skinny he is and how odd his running style is. He's also fast, nippy and runs directly at people. Maybe his side-step isn't up to scratch? He certainly needs to find a way to get fouled less obviously.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:10 AM
andyroo

It's soul-destroying having to support a player like Ashley Young.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
The penalty dive wasn't even the worst example.
dive :shakehead:

those fouls are given 90% or more of the time ffs

I remember Giggs getting an almost identical penalty against Derby at OT a few years ago where the defender tried to tackle him from behind and across like that, and the usual £#%&!wits were saying that was a dive as well :shakehead: Actually forget that, think of Giggs v Liverpool on Eric's comeback in 95

some people just don't really understand what is a foul tackle and what isn't.

Unread 17-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's soul-destroying having to support a player like Ashley Young.
you have a weak soul, so-called andyroo
Closed Thread