United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: 5th/6th and Europa win or top 4 and F.A. Cup win?
Europa League win + 5th / 6th 44 73.33%
F.A. Cup win + Top 4 16 26.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:32 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
What if City or Leicester win the Champions League (I know, but play along ) and United win the Europa League? Do the team that finish fourth then drop down to the Europa League next season?

You would know all about having a shocker

That's a really good point, I don't think anyone can be allocated 6 places in it.

all epidemic at the moment I suppose.

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:41 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
That's a really good point, I don't think anyone can be allocated 6 places in it.

all epidemic at the moment I suppose.

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Personally I want all three pots and think Monday is far from cut and dry.

But if I had to make a straight choice it would be finish outside the top four and win the Europa League, for so many reasons.

Imagine the boiling piss of Arsenal, City, or Liverpool fans if Utd finished 5th or 6th and we relegate the team who finishes fourth to the Europa League for next season

The scouser will be pig sick that United beat them to winning all three European club competitions. Also can't have the rent boys being the only English to achieve the same feat. On top of that United get to compete in the European Super Cup next season and Jose loves collecting trophies.

United would go straight into the Champions League group stage for next season by virtue of winning the Europa League.

I love the FA Cup but the positives of winning the Europa League far out weigh winning the FA Cup this season for me.

So are there def only 4 Cl places ?

If so winning this and denying city or Liverpool a cl spot is frankly the only sensible option

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:44 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

If so winning this and denying city or Liverpool a cl spot is frankly the only sensible option
ffs

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:47 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

Apparently not, according to Marlo and Draggers up to five clubs from the same country can play in the Champions League next season. It looks like only Leicester winning the Champions League and United winning the Europa League would cause the team that finishes fourth in the Premier League to drop down to the Europa League.

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:49 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Apparently not, according to Marlo and Draggers up to five clubs from the same country can play in the Champions League next season. It looks like only Leicester winning the Champions League and United winning the Europa League would cause the team that finishes fourth in the Premier League to drop down to the Europa League.
Spain had 5 this season, with Seville winning the Europa last season. Them, Barca, Madrid, Atletico and Villareal.. Still had 5 even tho' Madrid won the big one aswell.

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
ffs

Unread 10-03-2017, 02:55 PM
Sizlack

From Uefa's website. We will the uefa Leicester win the euro and 4th place misses out (if us or Leicester finish outside the top 4)

A rule preventing a country entering more than four clubs in the Champions League was brought in after Liverpool were given special dispensation to defend the trophy in 2005 following a fifth-placed finish domestically.
That has been scrapped to allow five teams to be entered in what Uefa is understood to consider to be “exceptional circumstances” following pressure from the European Club Association, which was opposed to the Europa League winners qualifying at the expense of a club from the same country.
However, that will still be the case in the highly unlikely event that one English team wins the Champions League, another wins the Europa League, and both finish outside the top four.
The fourth-placed Premier League team would again miss out, as would clubs in similar positions in Spain and Germany, who also have four Champions League spots by right.
Meanwhile, today saw Uefa confirm its new 10-match racism ban for players and officials – and stadium closures for supporters – would take effect from June 1.

Unread 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
You're
Keep digging you desperate attention seeking muppet

Unread 10-03-2017, 05:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Not wanting to win a competition we're playing in ?

What kind of fked up approach is that ffs

I want us to win EVERYTHING.....including the coin toss before kick off and the eurovision song contest
Both options are for winning something

Its just that one of them is a competition Fergie called "a punishment" a few years back. He had absolutely no interest in winning it. Times change quickly without Sir Frog

Unread 10-03-2017, 05:45 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
It's not often I agree with you, but it's hard to argue with that...
My mate moved out there. He has a head the size of a wheely bin, a face that looks like it picks up methadone from the chemist daily, and the charm of a weekend in Wrexham bus station and he's beating absolute champs off with a stick.

He couldn't get laid in Middleton and now he's dating a supermodel.

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

We should be finishing in the top 4 every season tbh, anything less is unacceptable.

Unread 10-03-2017, 06:59 PM
woody78

Any of them will do tbh.
As long as we are playing champions league football again.
It would be nice to finish above the scousers though as I've got money on it.

Unread 10-03-2017, 07:01 PM
saffers

After Monday the treble talk shall grow.

Also we will get 4th minimum.

Unread 10-03-2017, 11:17 PM
est.1878

tried to start feeling the Europa, but its just not happening.

Unread 11-03-2017, 03:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Keep digging you desperate attention seeking muppet
Eh up the Danny Dyers are in...

Unread 11-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Eh up the Danny Dyers are in...
Tell me more how much you love being a northerner so much that you £#%&!ed off to the other side of the world to escape.

Unread 11-03-2017, 10:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Tell me more how much you love being a northerner so much that you £#%&!ed off to the other side of the world to escape.
I haven't lived in the north of England for over 12 years pol. I lived in London before I moved here. I never say anything about the north ffs

Unread 11-03-2017, 11:45 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 11-03-2017, 12:31 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
I haven't lived in the north of England for over 12 years pol. I lived in London before I moved here. I never say anything about the north ffs
Ok pal, I will just refer to you then as the 'Thunder@#%&! from Downunder'
Closed Thread