United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 26-04-2013, 07:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
I went to that with one of your brothers I think, possibly both of them.

that was the match when poly styrene blew me out

Unread 26-04-2013, 08:06 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
that was the match when poly styrene blew me out
lucky escape for you with those gnashers ffs ripbraces

Unread 28-04-2013, 03:15 AM
bcred

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Not trying to kid anyone. You've been shown up on this thread for claiming no one gave a £#%&! about the league cup in 1991...which is completely incorrect as MJ, Stoney, Zorg, Withers and myself have all explained.

You're a contrary idiot.

Good day to you.
And by me, In 92 I flew back to see us play Forest.

Unread 28-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Wafty Crank

Happy memories of that tie. I was working in a place called Heckmondwike, about 5/6 miles outside Leeds, place was full of them. One (home and away nutjob) bet me £25 per leg, plus overall win (ie £75 in total, but so that one of us was guaranteed at least £25). He was spewing about Sharpe's goal in the second leg, irrelevant to the overall tie, but added £25 to his bill (I was only on £100 a week back then). Was in the away end, proper explosion when Sharpey skinned Sterland. He'd bagged at OT as well.

It was a cold Sunday afternoon, seems odd when all league cup games are midweek now. Must have been February, because within a fortnight I'd jacked the job in and that was early March 1991. One of the dumbest things I ever did because I took ages to get another job, and it meant I couldn't afford Rotterdam...