United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Buck

They haven't lost many times this season but pretty much every defeat they have had was - in terms of the performance - a hiding. 3-0 Arsenal, 2-1 Liverpool, 2-0 Spurs, 2-0 Utd and today. Technically shite players like Moses, Cahill, Matic and Costa's weaknesses are shown against higher class teams and all four positions need upgrades if Conte wants to retain the title.

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
They haven't lost many times this season but pretty much every defeat they have had was - in terms of the performance - a hiding. 3-0 Arsenal, 2-1 Liverpool, 2-0 Spurs, 2-0 Utd and today. Technically shite players like Moses, Cahill, Matic and Costa's weaknesses are shown against higher class teams and all four positions need upgrades if Conte wants to retain the title.
He's in for a rude awakening next year with two matches per and no Hazard or Costa.

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:48 PM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So it shouldn't have counted, then. And thanks to that Arsenal are ahead of us on FA cups again
Clueless @#%&! at html but dry your £#%&!in eyes you jcl tool

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
He's in for a rude awakening next year with two matches per and no Hazard or Costa.
I don't think he'll be there beyond another two years max. He's done a very good job getting this lot into shape this season - I don't think many had them down as title winners at the start of the season. He came in some-what under the radar and had lots of time without Europe to drill his players. I'm not going to use that against him tbh because it's not like he would have wanted no European football. And we were in the same boat in LvG's first season and finished 4th so it's not a given one game a week should mean title challenge.

Nonetheless his style of football and by all accounts his methods of training are very exhaustive and with more games it will be a test of his adaptation. It's one thing doing it with Juventus, the dominant team in a weaker league. It's another with a club of poor dressing room culture and a far more competitive league.

I would love them to drop £70m on Lukaku tbh. I don't think he's that much better than Costa. Maybe Costa's hold up is better

Sell Lukaku for £28m, buy Batchausyi for £25m then buy Lukaku back for £70m. That's not a club with any sort of plan in place.

Unread 27-05-2017, 10:23 PM
Denis Irwell

The Guardian:

"Wenger allows a huge grin to play across his face. After all the flak he’s taken this season, this is lovely to see. He’s warmly congratulated by Conte, sportsmanship in full effect. And then he’s embraced by his players, who were to a man beyond excellent today, and richly deserve their success. Chelsea - the brilliant English champions - simply weren’t allowed to strut their stuff today. Arsenal did a comprehensive number on them ... and now the famous old north London club stands as the most successful in the history of the oldest club competition in the world."

-----------------

£#%&! me, where to start.....

Unread 27-05-2017, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Clueless @#%&! at html but dry your £#%&!in eyes you jcl tool
What??

Unread 27-05-2017, 11:37 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The Guardian:

"Wenger allows a huge grin to play across his face. After all the flak he’s taken this season, this is lovely to see. He’s warmly congratulated by Conte, sportsmanship in full effect. And then he’s embraced by his players, who were to a man beyond excellent today, and richly deserve their success. Chelsea - the brilliant English champions - simply weren’t allowed to strut their stuff today. Arsenal did a comprehensive number on them ... and now the famous old north London club stands as the most successful in the history of the oldest club competition in the world."

-----------------

Sick bag?

Unread 28-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The Guardian:

-----------------

Arsenal the team for the middle-class islington Luvvie being rimmed in the guardian and you're surprised?

Unread 28-05-2017, 12:38 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren
We'll smash both these sets of @#%&!s next season. Only Spurs and maybe city will challenge us (depending on who we both get and how they bed in ofc).
Spurs playing their home games at Wembley next season is going to put a serious dent in their league form imo.

Unread 28-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Arsenal the team for the middle-class islington Luvvie being rimmed in the guardian and you're surprised?

Not really. Just a bit nauseated.... and that's apart from the "brilliant English champions" that "dinosaur" Jose built

I take it they gushed similarly when United became the first British club to win every major trophy on the planet?

Unread 28-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Clarkie

Two teams, who essentially are nobodies and are not the Scousers....

Struggling to give a £#%&! tbh

Unread 28-05-2017, 02:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Two teams, who essentially are nobodies and are not the Scousers....

Struggling to give a £#%&! tbh
It's finished mate...

Unread 28-05-2017, 02:30 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It's finished mate...
Oh. My stream must be behind so.

1-0 Arsenal

Unread 28-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Billy Redface

Chelsea are not 'brilliant'.

Many thanks.

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:11 AM
thrush

Quote:
I don't think he'll be there beyond another two years max. He's done a very good job getting this lot into shape this season - I don't think many had them down as title winners at the start of the season. He came in some-what under the radar and had lots of time without Europe to drill his players. I'm not going to use that against him tbh because it's not like he would have wanted no European football. And we were in the same boat in LvG's first season and finished 4th so it's not a given one game a week should mean title challenge.

Nonetheless his style of football and by all accounts his methods of training are very exhaustive and with more games it will be a test of his adaptation. It's one thing doing it with Juventus, the dominant team in a weaker league. It's another with a club of poor dressing room culture and a far more competitive league.

I would love them to drop £70m on Lukaku tbh. I don't think he's that much better than Costa. Maybe Costa's hold up is better

Sell Lukaku for £28m, buy Batchausyi for £25m then buy Lukaku back for £70m. That's not a club with any sort of plan in place.

Erm...

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:33 AM
MOE1948

Quote:

Pogba, Michael Keane.

Unread 28-05-2017, 11:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Doesn't really matter whether he wanted European football or not. He didn't have it to hamper his title efforts with a ready made title winning team. See how they go next season with not only midweek football to contend with but the possibility of losing a couple of top players, as well as the Manchesters being stronger..... as for Liverpool....
Closed Thread