United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:12 PM
liamb123

We are going to have to score first then hope to hit them on the counter or something

what the £#%&! is going on with our defense? i know Nev is a top lad n everything but £#%&!ing hell, i think i'd rather play with 10 men

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamb123
We are going to have to score first then hope to hit them on the counter or something

what the £#%&! is going on with our defense? i know Nev is a top lad n everything but £#%&!ing hell, i think i'd rather play with 10 men
Seriously, I think that to be a ridiculous statement.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I don't want to make excuses for them raelly but maybe they just didn't play that well.
There's no maybe about it.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:15 PM
hopkins

The form of some of the top boys from last season is shocking. What the £#%&! has happened to Evra?

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:17 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
The form of some of the top boys from last season is shocking. What the £#%&! has happened to Evra?
not been the same since his suspension

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:18 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Maybe Berbs is more important than we thought - we seemed to be playing well with him starting
Berbs is a very, very good focal point and holds the shape of the team.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
There's no maybe about it.
Agreed, I'm rather sad about Scholes, seems to me he only has, as I said elsewhere maybe, only 50 minutes in his legs now and he was poor for half of that tonight. Trouble is, as I said previously again, what options are there with all the games we have and both hargo and anderson out? Maybe Gibson should be playing more though I know he isn't popular here. This season is catching up with us badly and that's all I can say about it really. Just hope we can suck it up as our Yankee cousins say and finish it out.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That's my perspective on it too, also allows Rooney to be the force he should be up against opposition defenders. Don't worry, not gonna push it after tonight, not worth it.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Spot on.

I'm amazed at the 'shit player' %@#$&!s that he gets on here.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:21 PM
redmike

There is no way you can expect this utd defence to go through a game at present and not concede at least two goals, if utd were playing a side like barcelona £#%&! knows how many goals we'd have shipped.

Utd made a ok porto side look like world beaters tonight.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Tiberian

Neville would probably be 4th choice right back if everyone was fit, maybe 5th behind Hargreaves. Despite that he put the best ball of the match in, cracker of a cross that Rooney did not get the right contact on.

In an open game the old legs of Scholes and Neville become an issue, less Giggs because he is a superior athlete. Tonight was very open.

There were a lot of one on one battles tonight, they looked stronger, fresher and quicker all round the park. Even our high energy players like Park/Fletcher and Evra struggled to contain them, signs of a jaded squad.

Would love to see Rafael and Anderson back, we really need their energy and mobility around the pitch.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Looks shattered tbh. He and a few others need a long rest this Summer.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullers
Maybe Berbs is more important than we thought - we seemed to be playing well with him starting
We're definitely miss having another option, but he played against Inter at home and the first half at Fulham where we were pretty dodgy too.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

How did everyone think Ronnie played?

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
How did everyone think Ronnie played?
ok ish

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Stickman

What an utter mess we are just now. Said at half time v Villa it reminded me of Real Madrid home legs when every time they crossed half way I thought we'd concede/theyd create a chance.

Felt like that again tonight, we've made a mess of a relatively straight forward tie. Theyre weaker than Roma Id prob say.

Still think we'll probably get through but we're really gonna have to £#%&!ing go for it.

The team right now is showing us nothing to make us think theyre stepping out of the recent 'blip'. Worrying really.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:25 PM
f.l.a.t.s

All this not conceding shit as started all this,we where never brilliant at the 1 nil type of game,lets get back to what we are good at,attacking.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
We're definitely miss having another option, but he played against Inter at home and the first half at Fulham where we were pretty dodgy too.
True that, I think you've said it yourself though, he's never, as Tevez isn't an out and out centre forward who should be played alone up top. He sort of managed to get it together with Ronnie away at Inter but that really didn't work at fulham.

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:26 PM
hopkins

Tired and jaded? We've used 32 players this season (Arsenal 31, Chelsea 29 and Liverpool 27 for comparison), I thought the whole point of constant tinkering was to keep everyone fresh for the business end? Yes, I know we've had a lot of injuries at times, but the squad looks pretty much dead to a man

Unread 07-04-2009, 10:26 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
ok ish
Really, don't wanna start a row but I though he was terrible, particularly first half, probbly wrong though.
Closed Thread