United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:34 PM
Billy Redface

Default 3 Man Central Midfield

Becoming clearer each week that this is what we need.

Pogba was such a disappointment tonight considering is recent form. Once again, he spends another big game, smelling his own farts, completely unaware of the size of the task at hand.

He can't play in a two against quality opposition.

Meanwhile, a 30 year old Matic - who isn't the quickest - is having to do two jobs. Factor in the poor management of never resting him and, low and behold, he looks knackered by February.

We basically have two midfielders who are built for a 3 Man midfield, playing as a pair. As result, we have a Big weakness and both players are compromised.

A better version of Herrera should be our no 1 priority this summer.

It doesn't matter how much we ***** on the likes of Martial, Rom and Sanchez if the game is bypassing them.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:35 PM
Switching Off

Smelling his own farts

I mean

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:37 PM
dunk

If we had 3 midfielders we could try it..

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Pogba was such a disappointment tonight considering is recent form. Once again, he spends another big game, smelling his own farts, completely unaware of the size of the task at hand.

Meanwhile, a 30 year old Matic - who isn't the quickest - is having to do two jobs. Factor in the poor management of never resting him and, low and behold, he looks knackered by February.

We basically have two midfielders who are built for a 3 Man midfield, playing as a pair. As result, we have a Big weakness and both players are compromised.

It doesn't matter how much we ***** on the likes of Martial, Rom and Sanchez if the game is bypassing them.

Pogba is a £#%&!ing @#%&!.
He was given a job to do tonight - he didn't do it because he's a self-indulgent instagram slagheap. A £#%&!ing @#%&! of the highest order.

Sick to death of pandering the formation to suit these tarts.
£#%&! him.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Tiberian

Play a 3 man midfield and I think you need a more rounded striker than Lukaku. Pogba is not a 10, in the same way that Rooney was never a 10, drawn to the ball too often, drifts into bad positions.

I already have concerns about how Sanchez and Pogba fit together, 2 guys who want to roam around. Causes all sorts of defensive instability. Don't think Sanchez is a 10 either but if you play him wide it automatically opens that side for the opposition to attack. Talented headache.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Pogba is a f***ing c***.
He was given a job to do tonight - he didn't do it because he's a self-indulgent instagram slagheap. A f***ing @#%&! of the highest order.

Sick to death of pandering the formation to suit these tarts.
f*** him.
Seen the clip on the match thread. Mourinho going mental, giving him an instruction and then talking him off.

It's not even pandering. It's simply playing him where he's best.

He had a 3 at Juve. What he did there is why we signed him.

Same with Matic. Doesn't play in a two.

This is on the manager. If Pogba can't adapt.....then Mourinho has signed a 'difficult' player.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:44 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Play a 3 man midfield and I think you need a more rounded striker than Lukaku. Pogba is not a 10, in the same way that Rooney was never a 10, drawn to the ball too often, drifts into bad positions.

I already have concerns about how Sanchez and Pogba fit together, 2 guys who want to roam around. Causes all sorts of defensive instability. Don't think Sanchez is a 10 either but if you play him wide it automatically opens that side for the opposition to attack. Talented headache.
Player we didn't need rather than actually going out and getting the midfielder or wide right player we are desperate for. Excellent team building.

Now Martial, Rashford or Lingard are going to be shunted to a more orthodox right sided role to allow Alexis the free role from the left. Superb.

Best solution is probably to £#%&! Lukaku off and have Martial or Rashford through the middle tbh.

Billy Redface

Quote:

Yep. Lukaku isn't good enough to do those basics either.

Consistent performances like this in big games do nothing to allay the fears that we are a collection of individuals that don't work well together.

How many players strengths do we play to?

Lingard.....

Anyone else?

ScholesGingerSheen

I think Herrera would be fine with a run of games, I think he's shit coming off the bench. I wouldn't mind Blind being given a go as a pure holding midfielder tbh, if Carrick has taught us anything it's that a smart holding player doesn't need pace.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:48 PM
andyroo

It's Pogba. He has to play but finding the right role for him in this side is the headache.

Sánchez is the least of our problems.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Player we didn't need rather than actually going out and getting the midfielder or wide right player we are desperate for. Excellent team building.

Now Martial, Rashford or Lingard are going to be shunted to a more orthodox right sided role to allow Alexis the free role from the left. Superb.
Quote:
Yep. Lukaku isn't good enough to do those basics either.

Consistent performances like this in big games do nothing to allay the fears that we are a collection of individuals that don't work well together.

How many players strengths do we play to?

Lingard.....

Anyone else?
Too many accommodations have to be made. Utd have plenty of talent but it is not a squad built for a specific plan or style of play. Good enough to overpower 70% of the dross that makes up this league but against well drilled, balanced teams it falls apart.

Matic and Pogba got humiliated by Dier and Dembele. Tripper and Ben Davies dominated the flanks, these are not super star players.

I was never particularly enthused by Sanchez. Very talented but years of playing at Arsenal built the impression that he is a bit of a Diva, needs to be indulged. Already have ongoing discussion about his best role, exactly as at Arsenal.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:51 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's Pogba. He has to play but finding the right role for him in this side is the headache.

Sánchez is the least of our problems.
Ah, that old nugget. Whenever that is said of a player, the opposite is usually true.

Pogba, much as I love him as a player, and Sanchez are problems, but not as much as £#%&!ing Lukaku.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Too many accommodations have to be made. Utd have plenty of talent but it is not a squad built for a specific plan or style of play. Good enough to overpower 70% of the dross that makes up this league but against well drilled, balanced teams it falls apart.

Matic and Pogba got humiliated by Dier and Dembele. Tripper and Ben Davies dominated the flanks, these are not super star players.

I was never particularly enthused by Sanchez. Very talented but years of playing at Arsenal built the impression that he is a bit of a Diva, needs to be indulged. Already have ongoing discussion about his best role, exactly as at Arsenal.
Yes.

I don't buy this argument that the players aren't good enough.

Trippier, Davies and Dier?

No ta .

But they excel in a better 'team'.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Pogba, much as I love him as a player, and Sanchez are problems, but not as much as f***ing Lukaku.
this

*sadly btw, because despite my absolute £#%&!ing fuming tonight I really like Pogba a lot...& Sanchez looks a cracking little player.
Lukaku however just isn't up to it. Nowhere near.

It's all a bit of a mess really

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Trippier, Davies and Dier?

No ta .

But they excel in a better 'team'.
Yep, *this* is what is so frustrating.

Unread 31-01-2018, 11:57 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Ah, that old nugget. Whenever that is said of a player, the opposite is usually true.

Pogba, much as I love him as a player, and Sanchez are problems, but not as much as f***ing Lukaku.
Genuinely not sure what Lukaku is supposed to do, our play around the box Today was shit, it's easy to pick him out because he's not doing the one thing he does well, but if you buy an out and out finisher, you can't then play the sort of blind alley trying to walk the ball in shite we've played round the box at times since we've bought him, if we can't get the ball in behind for him to run onto from just over the halfway line we're largely up shit creek because our crossing runs the gamut from shite to non existent.

Unread 01-02-2018, 12:00 AM
sub three hours

Quote:

Yep, 4-3-3 allowing Pogba to push further up the pitch is the solution.

Unread 01-02-2018, 12:01 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Yep, 4-3-3 allowing Pogba to push further up the pitch is the solution.
Who's your 3 up front?

Unread 01-02-2018, 12:05 AM
MagnificentSeven

proof was in the pudding after the win at everton.

can lingard play as a cm?

Unread 01-02-2018, 12:12 AM
The Mull

Yes we got beat, and well in the end, but we responded well to the utter £#%&!up at the start, with a bit of luck, maybe we would have snaffled an equaliser, but alas we couldn't and got stuffed, we deserved SFA.
But this is only our third defeat of the season and I would not be surprised if it is our last

UTFR.
Closed Thread