United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Billy Redface

Football Juan Mata signed four years ago today

Lovely little player.

Supposed to be first out the door when Jose came in. Seen off Mickey. Still starting. Still important.

Had some great moments
duuuuuunk!

Unread 28-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Cream

Thumbs up

Been a good signing overall.

Smashing fella too, glad he's associated with the club.

Unread 28-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Stickman

Would be keeping him around alright.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:08 PM
20 times

Great lad

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:15 PM
TheFatGoth

Gone in the summer

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:23 PM
Chris Quayd

Has been a good signing, thrived with the glacial play under the last guy but has had a poor season and doesn't fit into our attack, Serie A is calling.

Scored one of the most important goals of post Fergie era against Palace, couldn't have picked a better player for that chance, thanks for the memories, abrazo, bye.

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:26 PM
Red Santos

Thumbs down

A Woodward/Moyes panic buy

After FOUR years minus the odd goal and Juanfield three years ago he has been Meh tbh

Weak. Slow. Lightweight. Not good enough in the final third for me. Would we notice if he was missing from the team? No not really. Dispensible imo.

Seemingly nice guy and cultured though. Made his entrance by helicopter and looked dead sexy in suit, this kind of bullshit matters the most to some

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
His finest Utd hour NQAT

Unread 28-01-2018, 11:57 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
A Woodward/Moyes panic buy

After FOUR years minus the odd goal and Juanfield three years ago he has been Meh tbh

Weak. Slow. Lightweight. Not good enough in the final third for me. Would we notice if he was missing from the team? No not really. Dispensible imo.

Seemingly nice guy and cultured though. Made his entrance by helicopter and looked dead sexy in suit, this kind of bullshit matters the most to some

Top red you

Unread 29-01-2018, 01:28 AM
utd99

Forgot Rooney missed a penalty in that game.

Unread 29-01-2018, 01:37 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Top red you
You spelt #@&%! wrong mate

Unread 29-01-2018, 04:57 AM
MagnificentSeven

the moyes season was four years ago? still fresh in my memory.

mata has been good for us but never the world class player that he was at chelsea.

i think a lot of that boils down to the fact that the three managers he's played for here haven't quite known what to do with him. a natural number 10 but most of his time here has been spent out wide.

absolutely lovely guy though, and has made me question my sexuality before.

Unread 29-01-2018, 07:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
the moyes season was four years ago? still fresh in my memory.

mata has been good for us but never the world class player that he was at chelsea.

i think a lot of that boils down to the fact that the three managers he's played for here haven't quite known what to do with him. a natural number 10 but most of his time here has been spent out wide.

absolutely lovely guy though, and has made me question my sexuality before.
This is what baffles me about individual criticism of players over the last four years. Mata has been nothing but a solid performer, great professional and a seemingly top bloke away from the pitch. He's also given us some memorable moments in his short time here.

Unread 29-01-2018, 08:28 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
You spelt #@&%! wrong mate
I was being polite.

Unread 29-01-2018, 09:06 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Lovely little player.

Supposed to be first out the door when Jose came in. Seen off Mickey. Still starting. Still important.

Had some great moments
duuuuuunk!
Feels like he’s become more important to Mou this season. Last year he only started half the league games, naturally subbed in pretty much all of them. Felt like he wasn’t going to last. More involved this year, I suppose as you say seeing off Mkhi part of it.

Still think he might leave before long tbh. Not overall convinced he’s been a great signing but fair to say we’ve done far worse in recent years

Unread 29-01-2018, 09:08 AM
20 times

He’s still here? The forum sages said he’d be sold when Mou arrived

Unread 29-01-2018, 09:14 AM
doudou

Mata's important to us now because he's the only attacking player we have who (seemingly) doesn't mind playing on the right.

I like the guy for what it's worth but I'm sure if anyone offered decent money for him he'd be sold.

Unread 29-01-2018, 09:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
He’s still here? The forum sages said he’d be sold when Mou arrived
Hasn’t he only been given a one-year contract? Feels a bit precarious tbh.

Could depend on summer business. The form of Lingard and Martial is already ominous for him imo. I do like the lad but he and Herrera could both do one.

Unread 29-01-2018, 11:18 AM
Surfers do Charlie

I don't think we can justify both him and Herrera in the squad.

Would only sell him if we could get a very good natural wide player though.
Closed Thread