United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2017, 03:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

It's a tough run of fixtures but my biggest worry is what our approach and ambition will be in these games

Even in the Watford game I can see us going with a fairly defensive setup hoping to catch them on the counter attack

Just hope we have a bit of go in these games and if we come out the wrong side of the scoreline then so be it but please no more of these shit show games were we hardly create a clear chance and end up without even a goal to show for our efforts

Unread 27-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It's a tough run of fixtures but my biggest worry is what our approach and ambition will be in these games

Even in the Watford game I can see us going with a fairly defensive setup hoping to catch them on the counter attack

Just hope we have a bit of go in these games and if we come out the wrong side of the scoreline then so be it but please no more of these shit show games were we hardly create a clear chance and end up without even a goal to show for our efforts
The priority will be to shut the opposition out.

I'm ok with that, provided we 'go for it' at key stages in the game.

Too many times with these big games, we either start well and fade, or we only kick in to gear when it's all too late.

Be nice if our good players actually turned up too. Jose can praise Lukaku's work rate all he likes, but he's just not doing enough atm. Martial and Rashford were both poor at the weekend and we need Mickey in and firing instead of Mata - who is just a complete waste of a shirt at the moment. As is Lingard when he's selected.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:03 PM
S/Side.Red

City have Southampton (h) and West Ham (h) before the derby ffs.

Any less than 7 points and you’d have to jump on the hype train and say title over.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Agree. If we don't win tomorrow we're in trouble, I think.
In trouble? we not going to drop out of the top 4.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:06 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Has to be 9 points otherwise i'm in the off camp.

If city win the next 3 which is highly possible and we get 4 points it over.
We should go balls out for the champions league after Christmas as Mourinho's approach to big games could work wonders over 2 legs

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Any less than 7 points and you’d have to jump on the hype train and say title over.
It is over ffs.

United were never going to go from finishing 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th to suddenly leapfrog to the title after signing 4 players or whatever.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It is over ffs.

United were never going to go from finishing 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th to suddenly leapfrog to the title after signing 4 players or whatever.
Yep

We're a work in progress

Finish top three and another cup and look to strengthen in the summer to challenge for next season

City have been building this side for the last 5 or so years ready for their current manager.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

I'll be very surprised if we're within ten points by the time the derby comes round.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
It is over ffs.

City finished level with us in 2016. It is possible.

Tomorrow is just a huge game. They’re a good side but we absolutely need to go there and take all the points.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:12 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Tomorrow is just a huge game. They’re a good side but we absolutely need to go there and take all the points.
Yep. Absolute must win if we retain any hope of keeping this interesting.

No excuses. Get the £#%&!er won.

City won 6-0 there.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep

We're a work in progress

Finish top three and another cup and look to strengthen in the summer to challenge for next season

City have been building this side for the last 5 or so years ready for their current manager.
By spending a fortune on defenders who can’t run or play and making Joe Hart vice captain etc? Wilfred Bony ffs.

Guardiola inherited a squad completely ill suited to his style. They’ve had to spend a ton sorting it.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:16 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

City have 11 players playing at the top of their form whereas the rest of the league have 2-3 max

There will be a dip at some point but I don't see that dip being 4-5 games which is probably what will be needed. They will win it by 15+ points for me.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

City have signed 14 players since then to add to their squad which was already better than ours and cleared out the shit @#%&!s that were holding them back.

We've signed 6 and our shit @#%&!s still start every week.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I'll be very surprised if we're within ten points by the time the derby comes round.
Me too tbh. And tbh if that’s the case we will be under insane pressure to win that.

Right now I’d take seven points easily. Probably need all nine but feels almost impossible.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Bunker Buster

It’s November......

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Me too tbh. And tbh if that’s the case we will be under insane pressure to win that.

Right now I’d take seven points easily. Probably need all nine but feels almost impossible.
Seven wouldnt be enough if the draw was city. We need to beat them. Mathematically and psychologically.

We could really have done with that result holding yesterday. If they're blitzing teams, fair enough.... but if they're also grinding results out, that's bad sign.

It's not even much of an indictment of us. 29 points from 39 is pretty good going and you'd normally be fairly satisfied with 5 points from those three games. City's form has just raised the stakes. Their run is just going to be too much to not win the league.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:26 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It’s November......
Yes. You said that last year when other people were correctly predicting what would happen.

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
City have signed 14 players since then to add to their squad which was already better than ours and cleared out the shit c***s that were holding them back.

We've signed 6 and our shit c***s still start every week.
Right, but it was possible. They are more complete, but that’s partly because our additions are yet to look like they work together. We have potentially built a new spine with Lindelof-Bailly-Matic-Pogba-Mkhi-Lukaku but as of yet it’s far from stable.

They are playing Delph and Otamendi in defence still. Both will be upgraded at some stage. I actually thought this season was our better chance to nick the league; next year Guardiola will have Mendy back and added another top CB and midfielder for another £200m.

Quote:
It’s November......
At the end of this 3-match run it’ll be mid December. Double figure gap wouldn’t worry you?

Unread 27-11-2017, 04:29 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
It’s November......
I'm firmly in the positive camp, always am. However they look a completely different animal to previous years, I can't see them dropping many points at all if I'm honest.

They've got the likes of Jesus, Gundogan and Bernando SIlva sat on the bench and Yaya Toure wasn't even able to get into the 18 yesterday
The congestion of league, cup and champions league games is behind them until February and I'd expect them to be 10-15 points clear by then.
We'd need to win nearly all our games between now and Feb just to stay within reach
Closed Thread