United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Valencia is shite. Its the clubs standards that have slipped allowing shit@#%&!s like that to stay at the club

Who says united have to sell anyway? Anyone here seen an up to date bank balance? Need to get a bucket going round?
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...88&postcount=1

Unread 08-11-2017, 08:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Er..Salah.
Oh yeah, that was a weird one.

Unread 08-11-2017, 08:48 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Does Mourinho normally do much business in January? I'm struggling to remember too many big deals he's done in the past.

Blind is the obvious one to make way if we can fool someone into buying him. Probably more use as a model than a footballer so perhaps CK will make a bid. Bunks in 3, 2, 1...

There's no faith at all in Shaw so he'd probably go if we needed money. Some idiots (West Ham?) will give us £20m for him.

Smalling is never going to be good enough. He's just so awkward on the ball and you can't get away with that any more. He'd have to be phenomenal in all other aspects of his game to make up for it and he isn't. He's good at many things (in the air etc...) but not quite brilliant at anything. If we could find a top centre back (not Luiz) then Smalling should go and Jones should drop down to the bench. Arsenal would give us £25m for Smalling, Wenger has always liked him.

Other than that, I don't think Mourinho would want to get rid of the others. He either likes them (Afro, Lingard etc...) or they have no resale value (Young, Carrick etc...).

Priorities for players coming in has to be a left back and a centre back. Yes we also need (yet another) central midfielder and probably a right winger but that can wait.

Of course. Surely even with your hatred there's a good half dozen clowns that should go first.

Tbf I don't know why Blind is still here. Like Shaw he really should have looked to move in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Er..Salah.
And Cuadrado. Adebayor at Madrid; Pandev at Inter. It's quite common for him to sign players in January.

Unread 08-11-2017, 08:51 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Of course. Surely even with your hatred there's a good half dozen clowns that should go first.

Tbf I don't know why Blind is still here. Like Shaw he really should have looked to move in the summer.

And Cuadrado. Adebayor at Madrid; Pandev at Inter. It's quite common for him to sign players in January.
Adebayor....

Signed some big names in his early days- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ansfer-history

Unread 08-11-2017, 09:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Adebayor....

Quote:
In January 2011, after Gonzalo Higuaín's injury, Spanish media appointed [Morata] to be his replacement in the main squad. However, Mourinho discarded this option saying that "he's not prepared to be in the starting lineup of Real Madrid. He needs to grow up and finish his formation with Castilla"; in this period of time he scored five goals in four matches with the reserves, while Emmanuel Adebayor was being signed to fit the missing striker in the first team.
Morata had to wait another two years to get a senior start btw.

Anyway.....

Unread 08-11-2017, 09:02 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Morata had to wait another two years to get a senior start btw.

Anyway.....
Was obviously the right thing to do, look at the lad (Morata) now

Probably owes a lot of his success to Mou

Unread 08-11-2017, 09:12 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Was obviously the right thing to do, look at the lad (Morata) now

Probably owes a lot of his success to Mou
Letting the Madrid locals have a chance to see big Ade in the famous white jersey can never be wrong

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:01 AM
dunk

1 De Gea
40 Joel Pereira
20 Sergio Romero

3 Eric Bailly
17 Daley Blind
36 Matteo Darmian
4 Phil Jones
2 Victor Lindelöf
5 Marcos Rojo
23 Luke Shaw
12 Chris Smalling
25 Antonio Valencia
18 Ashley Young
38 Axel Tuanzebe

21 Ander Herrera
16 Michael Carrick
27 Marouane Fellaini
47 Angel Gomes
14 Jesse Lingard
8 Mata
31 Nemanja Matić
39 Scott The Scottish Player
22 Henrikh Mkhitaryan
6 Paul Pogba

10 Zlatan Ibrahimović
9 Romelu Lukaku
11 Anthony Martial
19 Marcus Rashford

28 players including 4 youth players, effectively, 2 goalkeepers, giving us a squad of 22 outfield players. Nowhere near as over-bloated as we'd like to think, just too many players that clearly aren't up to it, and too many defenders..

Reckon there's a good chance those in bold will be gone, one way or another, by September 1st 2018. That's 10 players to be replaced, of those 10 we'll get next to £#%&! all in transfer fees for about 5 of them. Fellaini, Mata, Young, Zlatan and Carrick are all in the last year of their deals IIRC, the other 5 don't look like generating a whole lot of cash.

We're going to need some seriously shrewd maneuvering in the market or we're in for a bleak few years. Either that or we'll chuck £100m at Griezmann and muddle on, giving new 1 year rolling deals to Carrick, Young Mata etc.

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:09 AM
Baron

Central midfielder required: Leon Goretzka

Out of contract next summer, throw a nominal (£20m) fee at him & get in early doors.

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Out of contract next summer, throw a nominal (£20m) fee at him & get in early doors.
Would've been all over him in the summer tbh. City and Bayern rumoured to want him..

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Jethro

Wasn't Carlos Soler mentioned a few months back. Would take him in a heartbeat

Unread 08-11-2017, 11:32 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

He'd be a proper signing

Fully expect Bayern to sign him though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Wasn't Carlos Soler mentioned a few months back. Would take him in a heartbeat
http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...t=Carlos+soler

Unread 08-11-2017, 02:39 PM
utd99

GriezmON..

Unread 08-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Shade

It would be nice if United can actually get all or most of the players they target next summer.

With last summer's 3 signings Lindelof, Matic and Lukaku, you always felt that we were at least 2 signings short.

In fact, I honestly don't remember the last time where I was genuinely satisifed with a United summer transfer window. We always seem to fail to sign enough players to address the weaknesses we have in the team.

As for this January, it's going to be "I'm happy with with the team" from Mourinho.

Unread 08-11-2017, 03:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Valencia is fine if you like your full backs dithering on the ball and shitting their pants when he gets in to the oppositions half. The best I can say about him is he is tenacious and quick in the tackle, built like a tank and is pretty quick. Defensively he is sound, going forward he is garbage. Considering he is a converted winger he produces very little in terms of creativity.

Modern day full backs need to be as going going forward as they are defensively, Valencia is not anywhere near the quality of right back we need.
well, valencia isn't a fullback or a winger. however, he is consistently one of united's best players, doing whatever he's asked to do. maybe his managers haven't always encouraged him to take players on.

Unread 08-11-2017, 03:39 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
well, valencia isn't a fullback or a winger. however, he is consistently one of united's best players, doing whatever he's asked to do. maybe his managers haven't always encouraged him to take players on.

Unread 08-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Marlon Van Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
So what is he then

Unread 08-11-2017, 05:03 PM
denis lawless

£#%&! it...might as well just sign Usain Bolt

Usain St Leo Bolt....welcome to Manchester

Unread 08-11-2017, 07:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
It would be nice if United can actually get all or most of the players they target next summer.

With last summer's 3 signings Lindelof, Matic and Lukaku, you always felt that we were at least 2 signings short.

In fact, I honestly don't remember the last time where I was genuinely satisifed with a United summer transfer window. We always seem to fail to sign enough players to address the weaknesses we have in the team.

As for this January, it's going to be "I'm happy with with the team" from Mourinho.
2007, maybe? Though those signings mostly flattered to decieve in the end

Unread 08-11-2017, 09:46 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
2007, maybe? Though those signings mostly flattered to decieve in the end
United signed the following in the summer of 2007:

Owen Hargreaves
Nani
Anderson
Kuszczak

I remember being somewhat happy when I saw the news that Nani and Anderson was signed. However, this was mainly because Chelsea were hoovering up all the best players by deliberately targeting United's and Arsenal's transfer targets. Didn't care about Kuszczak, and Hargreaves was a desperation signing if you ask me.

But yeah, I suppose it was one of the "better" summer transfer windows. Because beyond that, aside from the likes of van Persie, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Zlatan, Bailly, Lukaku and Matic, United have signed some right shit.
Closed Thread