United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:36 AM
Billy Redface

Default We Look Knackered

Not criticising the lads here. We managed the game well last night and did what we needed to. This period of games is just about getting through and winning, but my word we looked really tired towards the end.

The season looks like it's catching up with us. We've played a whole season's worth of games up to this point. Injuries and suspensions starting to pile up and there's seemingly no respite. If I was José, I'd be pulling as many out of the international break as possible. £#%&! the backlash.

Something like that happening to Pogba seemed somewhat inevitable. He's looked very tired for weeks now and I question the wisdom of playing as much as he has. Barely been rested and rotated

Big few weeks for the freshers fringe players to step up: Carrick, Fellaini, Darmian, Lingard, Rashford. Whatever we think of them, they will be needed. The likes of Zlatan, Herrera, Mata, Rojo, Pogba look exhausted at times..

Another quick turnaround for Boro this week.

I feel for the lads out there tbh. We're a bettee side than the last few performances suggest. I'd just hate to see us limp over the line come May.

Unread 17-03-2017, 07:41 AM
no fun

Get the boro game out of the way, pretend everyone is injured so they can avoid international duty, and we have a 2 week break

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:02 AM
denis lawless

I don't buy this "tired" shit.....

40 games since august...thats 60 hours in 7-8 months ....tired ffs

young athletes at their peak, with the best nutrition, prep and after care in the world.....and the poor lambs are fkn tired

tennis players run their b***** off for 3 hours then go back on court the next day for another 3 hours......

postman or a factory lad, does an 8 hour shift, races home eating a bag of chips and then onto training in the evening......match on the weekend

Eddie Izzard...does a marathon a day for a MONTH.....that's fkn tired....sign him up, teach him to kick a ball and stick him up front ffs

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:09 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

young athletes at their peak, with the best nutrition, prep and after care in the world.....and the poor lambs are fkn tired

tennis players run their b***** off for 3 hours then go back on court the next day for another 3 hours......

postman or a factory lad, does an 8 hour shift, races home eating a bag of chips and then onto training in the evening......match on the weekend

Eddie Izzard...does a marathon a day for a MONTH.....that's fkn tired....sign him up, teach him to kick a ball and stick him up front ffs

Such a copy and paste dumb response.

It's tiredness in terms of comparing to other teams. It's within the context of needing to be at your absolute best to beat opposition who are as talented and primed as you are. Tiredness in terms of that extra 5-10% needed to make the difference.

Tennis players do play that regularly, yes. But if one has had an extra 24 hours rest, played one set less than their opponent, then that can really start to show and can often prove the difference.

As soon as people hear the word tired they seems to spring into action, like it's something they can suddenly relate to "wait! Tired! I know tired! I get tired! Boooooo! 80 grand a week" etc

and then start talking about nurses and minimum wage. This is all within a football context. It's not like they're trudging around yawning and falling asleep on the sofa.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:12 AM
believe

Where we not tired when we won the treble?

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:14 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Where we not tired when we won the treble?
Yes.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:15 AM
puressence

Quote:

your tired walking to the shop you fat @#%&!

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
your tired walking to the shop you fat c***
£#%&!ing hell

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:24 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Such a copy and paste dumb response.

It's tiredness in terms of comparing to other teams. It's within the context of needing to be at your absolute best to beat opposition who are as talented and primed as you are. Tiredness in terms of that extra 5-10% needed to make the difference.

Tennis players do play that regularly, yes. But if one has had an extra 24 hours rest, played one set less than their opponent, then that can really start to show and can often prove the difference.

As soon as people hear the word tired they seems to spring into action, like it's something they can suddenly relate to "wait! Tired! I know tired! I get tired! Boooooo! 80 grand a week" etc

and then start talking about nurses and minimum wage. This is all within a football context. It's not like they're trudging around yawning and falling asleep on the sofa.
I hope you're not suggesting that Denis has put together an ill thought through rant missing any subtlety or nuance, and is passing off ignorance as insight?

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:27 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
your tired walking to the shop you fat c***
You're

I skip to the shops.....you get home delivery because your arse won't fit through the door frame

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:37 AM
believe

Wenger, Benitez, Keegan and even Mourinho have been destroyed on here in the past for complaining about fixture congestion.

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:40 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Wenger, Benitez, Keegan and even Mourinho have been destroyed on here in the past for complaining about fixture congestion.
And?

Mourinho seems to be getting stick about it on here too. From his own fans.

If that many managers mention it and the players look tired then maybe they're, you know, tired.

But......lorry drivers etc

Unread 17-03-2017, 08:50 AM
taff

soldiers pal. soldiers.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Hasn't helped to be playing sides with a natural advantage anyway. We know how much time Southampton had off before the final. Chelsea had a week off while we travelled to Russia. I assume Rostov have had a long winter break?

But this is all still fairly normal. I also usually tend to the old cliche that the worse you play, the more tired you look. Rarely when competing for titles did we look knackered.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:05 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Hasn't helped to be playing sides with a natural advantage anyway. We know how much time Southampton had off before the final. Chelsea had a week off while we travelled to Russia. I assume Rostov have had a long winter break?

But this is all still fairly normal. I also usually tend to the old cliche that the worse you play, the more tired you look. Rarely when competing for titles did we look knackered.
Cross continental travel can take it out of you for a couple of days, no question. From a competitive viewpoint it's utter madness to insist we play three games in a week, but situations like this and all that TV revenue are why the players are all multi-millionaires. Nature of an ugly beast...

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
you're

i skip to the shops.....you get home delivery because your arse won't fit through the door frame
true

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:07 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Doesn't make it not so, does it.

Whatever the reasons are, rightly or wrongly, i agree with billy. We look £#%&!ed, completely bereft of ideas and basically jaded. I'm not excusing it, nor saying that's entirely down to fatigue, but surely it plays a role. Also doesn't help that we still have a load of shit in the squad, as has been discussed ad nauseum.

Top 4 or winning the europa would constitute a great season imo. I don't disagree with jose when he says we're a long way off 'dominating', in the same way I didn't disagree with lvg when he said expectations need to be managed. As fans I think we're still guilty of this sense of entitlement when it comes to competing on every front, when given the state of the squad and the fact we've had 3 managers in 4 years, that simply isn't realistic.

Personally I'd be delighted if we're in the CL next season regardless of route and regardless of the football played to get there. The club clearly has plans in the summer to spend big again and it's obviously needed.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:09 AM
jem

we'd look less tired if jo-mo had rested players who were tired or in shit form. pogba and ibra, for example, should be much fresher than they are.

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:28 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we'd look less tired if jo-mo had rested players who were tired or in shit form. pogba and ibra, for example, should be much fresher than they are.

And who would you suggest were played in their place? Would we be in the position we're in with Rooney or Rashford up top, for example?

Unread 17-03-2017, 09:30 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
And who would you suggest were played in their place? Would we be in the position we're in with Rooney or Rashford up top, for example?
Sixth and struggling against european minnows? Most probably
Closed Thread