United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:39 PM
utd99

Default Chris Smalling

That was the last straw for me. In all the years I've been watching football I don't think I've ever seen a professional centre back turn away from a hopeful lofted ball from forty yards - that he could have cleared without even trying - and run in the opposite direction. You could analyse it for a week and still have no £#%&!ing clue what he was thinking. Nor can it be overestimated how much that set the scene for the rest of the game. Maybe they would have won anyway - they certainly looked more up for it from the whistle - but that silly @#%&! got their support going, got their feathers up and put us firmly on the back foot; all from what should have been a fundamental clearance.

Useless on the ball, thick as shit and never a United player - let alone captain - in a million years. If that clued Mourinho up about him then fair do's, it was worth it. 10-0 would have been worth it.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That was the last straw for me. In all the years I've been watching football I don't think I've ever seen a professional centre back turn away from a hopeful lofted ball from forty yards - that he could have cleared without even trying - and run in the opposite direction. You could analyse it for a week and still have no £#%&!ing clue what he was thinking. Nor can it be overestimated how much that set the scene for the rest of the game. Maybe they would have won anyway - they certainly looked more up for it from the whistle - but that silly c*** got their support going, got their feathers up and put us firmly on the back foot; all from what should have been a fundamental clearance.

Useless on the ball, thick as shit and never a United player - let alone captain - in a million years. If that clued Mourinho up about him then fair do's, it was worth it. 10-0 would have been worth it.
And he was captain

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Sparky***

Unfortunately he's all we've got at the moment.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:45 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Unfortunately he's all we've got at the moment.
Which is testimony to exactly how bad the decisions have been in the last three or four years.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

How did Mourinho go into this season thinking he only needed one new centre back?

How??

While we're at it, why did he think he only needed one new midfielder ...

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:46 PM
ryanMUFC

Carrick at CB.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That was the last straw for me. In all the years I've been watching football I don't think I've ever seen a professional centre back turn away from a hopeful lofted ball from forty yards - that he could have cleared without even trying - and run in the opposite direction. You could analyse it for a week and still have no £#%&!ing clue what he was thinking. Nor can it be overestimated how much that set the scene for the rest of the game. Maybe they would have won anyway - they certainly looked more up for it from the whistle - but that silly @#%&! got their support going, got their feathers up and put us firmly on the back foot; all from what should have been a fundamental clearance.

smalling didn't have a great game, but that is a ridiculous response when he was constantly exposed. the fault lies with mourinho and no one else. he doesn't need to get clued up about smalling, but he's failed to get clued up about anything so far. his approach to the last couple of games has been an absolute £#%&!ing disgrace in terms of intent and execution.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
How did Mourinho go into this season thinking he only needed one new centre back?

How??

While we're at it, why did he think he only needed one new midfielder ...
And we could have gotten Fonte as well for four-fifths of £#%&! all. Not a long term solution, but certainly would have given us some breathing room to identify a younger option. £#%&!ing awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
smalling didn't have a great game, but that is a ridiculous response when he was constantly exposed. the fault lies with mourinho and no one else. he doesn't need to get clued up about smalling, but he's failed to get clued up about anything so far. his approach to the last couple of games has been an absolute £#%&!ing disgrace in terms of intent and execution.
Jem, ffs. How was he exposed to a long lofted ball with no one around him? He is as thick as shit, as we have seen many times over the years, and can't be relied on to play a ten yard pass in the proper manner. Why do you think every other team in the league allows him fifty yards to run into whenever he fancies it? Useless.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:51 PM
suedeshoes

Jonesey's only two weeks away

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:58 PM
utd99

His form over the Van Gaal period was also massively flattered by the manager's preference for two deep lying midfielders.

Unread 23-10-2016, 07:58 PM
wiganste

He's gash

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

of the 11 cowards we had out there today this @#%&! was far and away the worst....and he is supposed to be the captain of manchester United ffs

should have been £#%&!ed off after his red card in the derby ..an absolute coward and holocaust of a defender....but now witht he injury to Bailly we are stuck with the useless @#%&!....the first goal was bad enough but the way he just gave up for the third and fourth.....captain remember

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:16 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
of the 11 cowards we had out there today this c*** was far and away the worst....and he is supposed to be the captain of manchester United ffs

should have been £#%&!ed off after his red card in the derby ..an absolute coward and holocaust of a defender....but now witht he injury to Bailly we are stuck with the useless c***....the first goal was bad enough but the way he just gave up for the third and fourth.....captain remember
Celtic in the final eh? Good luck.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:25 PM
Pop

As with all these plodders at Utd, one of the biggest clubs in the world, you've got to ask could you ever in a million years see them lining out for Barca, Bayern, Juve, etc?

Not a £#%&!ing chance

They wouldn't even make the City or Chelsea first team.

Captain of Utd ffs

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:41 PM
Sparky***

That Kante goal was like something out of a testimonial, the ease with which he just waltzed past Smalling.

I'd have almost had more respect for him had he got himself sent off by just lunging at him and taking him out, rather than the half-hearted surrender of being fooled by a stepover and just giving up.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That Kante goal was like something out of a testimonial, the ease with which he just waltzed past Smalling.

I'd have almost had more respect for him had he got himself sent off by just lunging at him and taking him out, rather than the half-hearted surrender of being fooled by a stepover and just giving up.
it was as bad as the first goal...and his 'attempt' to close down hazard for the third....hopefully Mourinho will £#%&! the @#%&! off in january

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:44 PM
ziggyman17

and who can forget that this £#%&!er tried his best to lose the cup final last season by getting sent off for pulling his man down on the half way line.....

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:45 PM
ScarFace

He is as shit a defender as we've ever had. Cannot bare the closeted @#%&!. Should have been his knee.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
and who can forget that this £#%&!er tried his best to lose the cup final last season by getting sent off for pulling his man down on the half way line.....
Symptomatic of Van Gaal's "man for man" marking style unfortunately which was a huge cause of a lot of goals we conceded and numerous defensive meltdowns.

Unread 23-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He's gash
Yep

£#%&!ing shit

Buchan,Robbo,Keane etc.etc.

And this shit @#%&! is £#%&!ing captain

I'm pissed and pissed off
Closed Thread