Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2016, 01:52 PM
ScarFace

United have won only 9 of their past 27 games

Unread 19-02-2016, 02:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
A few more have gone haven't they? Not sure about fuzzy - think he's caddying for siders atm so will have to wait for siders to post an 'OK, I'm done' exit post that he can agree with before he can hang up siders clubs

Could be a long wait.
lol

Fairly sure you said about a week ago you were open to LvG staying if we kept up the previous upturn in form, pal?

Understand people who have been LvG out for a while. Less so people who saw last night as some kind of final straw.

Unread 19-02-2016, 02:48 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
lol

Fairly sure you said about a week ago you were open to LvG staying if we kept up the previous upturn in form, pal?
Ouch.

Unread 19-02-2016, 02:49 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
lol

Understand people who have been LvG out for a while. Less so people who saw last night as some kind of final straw.
Have never wanted him sacked pal - partly because of his track record, partly because he achieved the target that he should have achieved last year and partly because I recognised that a re-build was necessary and that would take time.

But I've always been open to criticism of him when he made strange decision or applauding him when he made good ones. Hopefully just an honest assessment throughout.

This season has been diabolical and I've increasingly felt he wasn't the right man - but I wouldn't just sack him if it meant getting someone like Jo mo in. Obvs pep and poch would be my preference.

Now I'm not arsed - my dementia infested mum could do a better job and there are times when she sometime confuses me with £#%&!ing Nigel Mansell.

There was a little improvement pre Sunderland but Sunderland did it for me.

Unread 19-02-2016, 02:58 PM
utd99

You reach a point where you see no possibility of it ever turning around with the current set up. After that, what else is there?

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:02 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
You reach a point where you see no possibility of it ever turning around with the current set up. After that, what else is there?
We haven't even started pal, we have to go through the Graeme Souness, Roy Evans and gerrard houllier years yet.

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Have never wanted him sacked pal - partly because of his track record, partly because he achieved the target that he should have achieved last year and partly because I recognised that a re-build was necessary and that would take time.

But I've always been open to criticism of him when he made strange decision or applauding him when he made good ones. Hopefully just an honest assessment throughout.

This season has been diabolical and I've increasingly felt he wasn't the right man - but I wouldn't just sack him if it meant getting someone like Jo mo in. Obvs pep and poch would be my preference.

Now I'm not arsed - my dementia infested mum could do a better job and there are times when she sometime confuses me with £#%&!ing Nigel Mansell.

Yeah, it is a mess and you're never quite sure where you stand with this side. I think even those who doubted Van Gaal had enough respect for him (apart from Marls, Saffers and TBR ) that when form picked up they let themselves hope. That's natural.

But games like last night don't change my opinion much. I'm basically undecided on if it could be turned around. I know it's blasphemy to offer excuses, but when he watched us throw away five points in the dying stages of three recent away games, two of which we executed the gameplan well, while losing 12 players to injury at crunch time, he must feel he's getting kicked in the nuts by misfortune.

Even back to lasts season, with that patched-up 3-5-2, carrying old men period that perhaps was needed, it frustrates me that his entire 18 months has seen him juggle the team constantly. This season, partly due to leaving the squad so short, but also - and there's no getting away from it - to losing half the squad to injuries.

I just wanted to see him have a go with a proper settled team. If it didn't work, fine. Never got to see it, though.

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
Yeah, it is a mess and you're never quite sure where you stand with this side. I think even those who doubted Van Gaal had enough respect for him (apart from Marls, Saffers and TBR ) that when form picked up they let themselves hope. That's natural.

But games like last night don't change my opinion much. I'm basically undecided on if it could be turned around. I know it's blasphemy to offer excuses, but when he watched us throw away five points in the dying stages of three recent away games, two of which we executed the gameplan well, while losing 12 players to injury at crunch time, he must feel he's getting kicked in the nuts by misfortune.

Even back to lasts season, with that patched-up 3-5-2, carrying old men period that perhaps was needed, it frustrates me that his entire 18 months has seen him juggle the team constantly. This season, partly due to leaving the squad so short, but also - and there's no getting away from it - to losing half the squad to injuries.

I just wanted to see him have a go with a proper settled team. If it didn't work, fine. Never got to see it, though.
That's partly because he never let them settle. Certain players were only ever one mistake away from being dropped, sometimes even at half time, while others got picked no matter what. Not making excuses for them at all, but possibly that's why we play petrified. It's a balance, and he got it wrong.

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
That's partly because he never let them settle. Certain players were only ever one mistake away from being dropped, sometimes even at half time, while others got picked no matter what. Not making excuses for them at all, but possibly that's why we play petrified. It's a balance, and he got it wrong.
Those certain players being guys like Herrera. I don't have much sympathy. Maybe it's why Spain have never shown an interest in calling him up and why the big boys didn't take him from Athletic. Guys like this need to actually get their head down. The current culture at United of blaming the manager for everything sees overrated players get a free ride. Herrera has been shit for two months.

I do agree some of those selections seem harsh. But it's not the main reason it's been a juggling act. 12 players out ffs. Again, if it was half that, we could point to the smaller squad and lament that. But I reckon we're without 6-7 players who would probably be starting now.

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Absolute state of us and him tbh...

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/st...79006618832897

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Charlestown Rouge

I don't think you can play two lightweights like Mata and Herrera in the same team - they get bullied off the ball too easily. Herrera spent ten minutes more concerned with his fat lip last night.

We're a mess and the injury list has put the top hat on a mule of a year.

Still in this European plate, still in the FA cup, stil in with an outside chance of fourth and no change of boss now is going to affect our fortunes in these given the "talent" at our disposal. He may as well give more of the U21s a go and let's try to enjoy what's left of the season - might be nice for our supporters and world wide family to up their game, they've actually been marginally worse than the team.

Unread 19-02-2016, 03:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I don't think you can play two lightweights like Mata and Herrera in the same team - they get bullied off the ball too easily. Herrera spent ten minutes more concerned with his fat lip last night.

We're a mess and the injury list has put the top hat on a mule of a year.

Still in this European plate, still in the FA cup, stil in with an outside chance of fourth and no change of boss now is going to affect our fortunes in these given the "talent" at our disposal. He may as well give more of the U21s a go and let's try to enjoy what's left of the season - might be nice for our supporters and world wide family to up their game, they've actually been marginally worse than the team.
Herrera was still worried about his lip when subbed. Unfortunately replaced by another shithouse

Unread 19-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

do you just make vroom noises and wait till she's finished?

Unread 19-02-2016, 04:49 PM
NegativeNorris

Amazingly, 20 idiots think he should stay. That's ambition right there.

Unread 19-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Yep on a poll as popular as 'onion on a salad' poll...

#numbers.

Unread 19-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
Just to be clear - you are actually calling me out as an idiot on here are you Norris ?

Unread 19-02-2016, 05:05 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Yep on a poll as popular as 'onion on a salad' poll...

#numbers.
Didn't see that one. I sincerely hope the consensus was yes!

Unread 19-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Didn't see that one. I sincerely hope the consensus was yes!
Overwhelming

Unread 19-02-2016, 05:10 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
LvG should stay....all the players should £#%&! off....including that bitch tea lady who apparently hates Vanners
Denis

You shame the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Absolute state of us and him tbh...

https://twitter.com/beardedgenius/st...79006618832897
Sad to see beardy finally lose it.

Didn he post on here way back when?

Unread 19-02-2016, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
We haven't even started pal, we have to go through the Graeme Souness, Roy Evans and gerrard houllier years yet.
Thought that Moyes was our Souness?
Closed Thread