United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Definitely. Imagine having to fire him if it didn't work out. But this is not even a conversation about whether he would or wouldn't make a good manager. He might. He might go onto be the greatest manager that ever lived; the point is we just don't know. He has zero managerial experience, and that's definitely not the route we should be going. We need to build on what Van Gaal has done, not roll the dice.
Very much so. Tbh I don't remember him ever being earmarked as a manager until he stepped in for Moyes. It seems to be something that came out of nowhere and quickly descended into a situation where there's an element of entitlement. He never strikes me as a manager, but I guess we could be surprised. LvG will be the key judge, and will have a big influence on the decision.

Funny enough, we might get more stability long-term by Giggs resisting and being a constant no2 and face of the backroom staff.

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:53 PM
ashtonred

Moyes was the wrong choice, LvG? the jury´s still out. Giggs? You´ve gotta be £#%&!ing joking.

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:53 PM
dunk

State of this thread

Damp gussets because the dippers got Klopp and Pep might go to city one day :shakehead:

£#%&!ing hate international breaks.

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:56 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
That's the thing, i don't think he'd ever come close.

There is nothing about Giggs that says "great manager material".....other than he won a lot as a player.

Saying that, Keane/Robbo looked nailed on at certain points.

I'd be shocked if they risk Giggs after the Moyes £#%&! up.
How do you know what his managerial strengths are?

Have you met the man? Have you worked under him? He has been groomed for the job for a very long time.

If LVG says he's the man it means a lot. He doesn't exactly beat around the bush does he.

Groomed by LVG and fergie... Not too bad

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
State of this thread

Damp gussets because the dippers got Klopp and Pep might go to city one day :shakehead:

It's a massive decision. Guardiola is the best manager in the world, so deciding whether to take a risk on Giggs and let the best manager in the world go to City is definitely going to be a huge call with major ramifications. Might as well take a break from discussing Rodgers, Klopp, Mourinho, Benitez etc and have a chat about our own

Unread 10-10-2015, 05:59 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's a massive decision. Guardiola is the best manager in the world, so deciding whether to take a risk on Giggs and let the best manager in the world go to City is definitely going to be a huge call with major ramifications. Might as well take a break from discussing Rodgers, Klopp, Mourinho, Benitez etc and have a chat about our own
Guardiola wouldn't stay at City for eons would he and if he has agreed a deal then there won't be much we can do about it. When city make these deals they pay so much that there's little we can do. Look at Aguero.

Pep won't even manage 4 seasons at Bayern let alone £#%&!ing City!!

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Have you met the man? Have you worked under him? He has been groomed for the job for a very long time.

If LVG says he's the man it means a lot. He doesn't exactly beat around the bush does he.

Has he? When Moyes was announced they gave him a six-year contract with the idea that he'd be another Fergie. Where was the notion of Giggs back then? Let's be honest, he put the suit on last April and suddenly he became the manager in waiting

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:01 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Nicky Butt ahead of Giggs all day long.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:03 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Well to be honest, Van Gaal introduced this as a relevant topic when he reinforced his decision to retire from football at the end of his contract and promoted the idea of Giggs as the next boss. So blame him, not some mysterious "doom lords".

Whether we like it or not the future will happen, and what form it takes will depend on what decisions are made very soon, and the events immediately following Fergie's retirement are way too fresh in the mind. So yes, I would say it's a very valid conversation to be having now. My feeling is that Woody will have to decide whether he is his own man or simply Fergie and the 92'ers toady. Loyalty is great, but not if it leads to spurious decision making.
I'm fairly sure that while he said he'd leave at the end of his contract next season he wasn't exactly ruling out an extension either - Fergie and the 92'ers toady? Are you making this cabal up? It's not Game of £#%&!ing Thrones.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:04 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
State of this thread

Is it some kind of underground forum rule that every thread must have a 'contributer' who either questions the validity of the subject matter or maligns the motivations of the participants? First of all look up the word forum in the dictionary, then sign up for Rawk if you want to be told what you can and can't talk about.
Alternately, don't click the thread title. Hth.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Guardiola wouldn't stay at City for eons would he and if he has agreed a deal then there won't be much we can do about it. When city make these deals they pay so much that there's little we can do. Look at Aguero.

Pep won't even manage 4 seasons at Bayern let alone £#%&!ing City!!
So what, we write off another three or four years in addition to the 2-3 we have recently. Dangerous road to go down.

Still don't see why Giggs shouldn't be prepared to do another stint as no2 under LvG's successor. Take over when we're on top

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:07 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Is it some kind of underground forum rule that every thread must have a 'contributer' who either questions the validity of the subject matter or maligns the motivations of the participants? First of all look up the word forum in the dictionary, then sign up for Rawk if you want to be told what you can and can't talk about.
Alternately, don't click the thread title. Hth.
Is there another rule saying long winded bed wetters can't be routinely abused? Alternatively, don't £#%&!ing post.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Is there another rule saying long winded bed wetters can't be routinely abused? Alternatively, don't £#%&!ing post.
You're just proving the point fella. Can you explain how wanting Guardiola or Ancellotti after Van Gaal instead of Giggs constitutes 'bed wetting'? Or would that require some actual thought?

File under 'people who want to say something but actually have nothing to say'.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:15 PM
ScarFace

Quote:

Well that was my point with the Robbo/Keane/Bruce thing...that they seemed nailed on and we now know they wouldn't of been great. So i guess that goes in Giggs' favour of him not seemingly being a clear "manager type"

I'd say the same things about Scholes, Beckham , Carrick etc....because they're not proven managers.

Giving Giggs the job would be just as big a risk as when we hired Moyes.

Ideal scenario is Guardiola becomes manager in the summer. Giggs gets a managers job at another club, does well and is then inline to take over when the job becomes available again.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:16 PM
djsst

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/foo...cs-United.html

:shakehead:

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:21 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Fergie's lot may love Giggs to get the job, (though according to red issue Neville wants the job himself), and will be doing every trick they can think of to make it happen. But I highly doubt the glazers and Woodward will ever again employ an untried manager at this level. They're not going to gamble their investment like that, and again, according to red issue last year he's been made aware of that fact by Woodward. If they give Giggs the job after van gaal, there will have been some dodgy shit happening behind the scenes for it to happen. The glazers selling up would probably ensure Giggs gets the job. Someone like peter limm or some other fergie friendly takeover.

Ideally, van gaal continues the progress and then signs a two year extension. Klopp builds Liverpool into a good team which finishes second to us, lets his contract run down and signs for us in 3 years.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:22 PM
dunk

Thumbs down

Its %@#$&!s though. We're less than 18 months into LvG's contract and he might renew. Pep might've already told City to £#%&! off for all you know, they certainly wouldn't be spreading that rumour in the Middle East etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Fergie's lot may love Giggs to get the job, (though according to red issue Neville wants the job himself), and will be doing every trick they can think of to make it happen. But I highly doubt the glazers and Woodward will never again employ an untried manager at this level. They're not going to gamble their investment like that, and again, according to red issue last year he's been made aware of that fact by Woodward. If they give Giggs the job after van gaal, there will have been some dodgy shit happening behind the scenes for it to happen.

Ideally, van gaal continues the progress and then signs a two year extension. Klopp builds Liverpool into a good team which finishes second to us, lets his contract run down and signs for us in 3 years.
You're a right £#%&!ing crackpot you pal

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
You're just proving the point fella. Can you explain how wanting Guardiola or Ancellotti after Van Gaal instead of Giggs constitutes 'bed wetting'? Or would that require some actual thought?

File under 'people who want to say something but actually have nothing to say'.
Fella? Dearie me - Buddy would suit me better. I've answered your point earlier - or would that require you to read someone else's contribution as opposed to sounding off and not pithily.

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst

Unread 10-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Pop

What about Ole? He was going to be a great.

Where is he now btw?
Closed Thread