United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Women. :shakehead:
What?! What the £#%&! is wrong with what I have posted? I want to know how business has changed football, which it has, that much is undeniable. But I want the opinions of match-goers and such like. £#%&! me.

Oh wait, you're doing this for laughs and pats on the back about how £#%&!ing hilarious you are aren't you? Well done.

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
Just don't find the same tired predictable responses to posts that funny tbh. Ooh lets have a gif, that will be REALLY funny.
nice one sloppy, look what youve done now

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
nice one sloppy, look what youve done now
Shut up.

forwardirektion

Quote:
Just don't find the same tired predictable responses to posts that funny tbh. Ooh lets have a gif, that will be REALLY funny.

red @rmy

Quote:
What?! What the £#%&! is wrong with what I have posted? I want to know how business has changed football, which it has, that much is undeniable. But I want the opinions of match-goers and such like. £#%&! me.

Oh wait, you're doing this for laughs and pats on the back about how £#%&!ing hilarious you are aren't you? Well done.
The title of the thread, now this outburst?

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Shut up.

Zorg

Ericcoh, read this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautiful-Ga.../dp/0224064363

Cream

Quote:

:elhombre:

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
no fun

ok heres what happened

football was essentially a sport for the working classes.....affordable prices, kick off times to tie in with the saturday half day shift in the factory, and a culture of supporting your local team

in the late 60s and early 70s, youth culture became intermingled with terrace culture, and football hooliganism increased( it wasnt invented then, been with us for decades). This led to a decrease in attendances.

In 1979 a tory government with an overtly anti working class manifesto was elected. Thatcher hated football and its supporters, and waited for an excuse to gentrify the game and hand it over to the middle classes. In 1985 and 1989 the scousers gave her the 2 excuses she needed.

All seater stadiums, membership schemes, draconian banning orders......a flag of convenience to erode a traditional working class pasttime.

we then had "nessan dorma" at the 1990 world cup, and suddenly the opera loving classes had a reason to attend the "soccer".......cup of bovril and a meat pie wasnt good enough for them, so the corporate suite with egon ronay catering was created

we are left with sterile grounds catering for sterile crowds

I blame thatcher and the scousers

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM
irk

It's been appropriated and commodified by @#%&!s. It's played by arrogant entitled millionaire @#%&!s in front of an audience of clueless consumer @#%&!s.

believe

1. All seater stadiums
2. Price
3. Wages
4. Twix's (apparently.

Expand on them four items and you can't go wrong. You don't need someone who's been to £#%&!ing Old Trafford to tell you that ffs.

ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
ok heres what happened

football was essentially a sport for the working classes.....affordable prices, kick off times to tie in with the saturday half day shift in the factory, and a culture of supporting your local team

in the late 60s and early 70s, youth culture became intermingled with terrace culture, and football hooliganism increased( it wasnt invented then, been with us for decades). This led to a decrease in attendances.

In 1979 a tory government with an overtly anti working class manifesto was elected. Thatcher hated football and its supporters, and waited for an excuse to gentrify the game and hand it over to the middle classes. In 1985 and 1989 the scousers gave her the 2 excuses she needed.

All seater stadiums, membership schemes, draconian banning orders......a flag of convenience to erode a traditional working class pasttime.

we then had "nessan dorma" at the 1990 world cup, and suddenly the opera loving classes had a reason to attend the "soccer".......cup of bovril and a meat pie wasnt good enough for them, so the corporate suite with egon ronay catering was created

we are left with sterile grounds catering for sterile crowds

I blame thatcher and the scousers
Thanks. Seriously, this is the type of things I wanted. Genuine opinions from match-goers on how things changed for them.

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
1. All seater stadiums
2. Price
3. Wages
4. Twix's (apparently.

Expand on them four items and you can't go wrong. You don't need someone who's been to £#%&!ing Old Trafford to tell you that ffs.
No, but I wanted opinions as well you £#%&!ing #@&%!. Or can you not read?

Scabs

You could drink, piss and have a fight without leaving your 'spot'.

Which was good.

jaffo

Quote:
Thanks. Seriously, this is the type of things I wanted. Genuine opinions from match-goers on how things changed for them.
He's trying to get into your alans. Don't be fooled

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Oi! That's my gif, you bumbag!

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
believe

Quote:
No, but I wanted opinions as well you £#%&!ing #@&%!. Or can you not read?
do you kiss your brother with that mouth?

Unread 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Mr_Ed

There's more men in the game who like 'bum love' than there was 20 years ago. HTH.

ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
It's been appropriated and commodified by @#%&!s. It's played by arrogant entitled millionaire @#%&!s in front of an audience of clueless consumer @#%&!s.
On one hand you have the working class people watching the match, but on the other football largely relies on these middle class people looking for a prawn sandwich experience. Football is full of them these days. Then there's the players who in the past were no different to the men watching them. Now they're paid vast amounts and put on a pedestal which leads to the @#%&!s you see playing football now.

believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
You could drink, piss and have a fight without leaving your 'spot'.

Which was good.
is this why you wore waterproof pants and goggles?
Closed Thread