United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Aman27deep

No body's discussing the question in hand.

Unread 07-01-2013, 07:57 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It was literally abominably shit. Even found it hard to motivate myself to drink heavily after I left the ground. Still managed though because not even Fergie's shit @#%&!s were going to ruin the whole trip.
I was a mess that game. (Think) Ruud was the only one not getting slagged to £#%&! that night. Atmosphere was poisonous.

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I was a mess that game. (Think) Ruud was the only one not getting slagged to £#%&! that night. Atmosphere was poisonous.
A few of the players made a token gesture of clapping the away end, but Ruud insisted on coming over, pointing at the Keane flag iirc. Only one of those playing to have his name sung that night. Top Red

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Tony Cutback

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
Just waiting for Tony Cutback to complete the trio tbh
Hiya mate.

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Cutback
Hiya mate.
And there we have it. Shit wums.

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

remember arriving back in my sleepy hollow in the early hours singing Fergie Fergie on the dole after Norwich away about 7 or 8 years ago

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
remember arriving back in my sleepy hollow in the early hours singing Fergie Fergie on the dole after Norwich away about 7 or 8 years ago
Remember banging out a Norwich supporting student in the chippy over the road from the Red Lion in Withington after that game

Think it was called Andys? Top chips. Used to have a Key 103 "The Blues Are Back" sticker on the fryer

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Ashley's Grime

Must admit, when Howard Kendall got sacked by Bilbao, I hoped that we'd sack Fergie and appoint Kendall.

I was gutted when Kendall went to shitty.

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Remember banging out a Norwich supporting student in the chippy over the road from the Red Lion in Withington after that game

Think it was called Andys? Top chips. Used to have a Key 103 "The Blues Are Back" sticker on the fryer
Class

Do/did you go in The Vic' in withington? Decent in there for the match.

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep

new to the forum pal?

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:58 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep

Er, the first reply?

Unread 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Knockers

Quote:

Red Lion is weird. It purports to be a city pub cos they run a coach to the game (or did years ago) but is always absolutely teeming for non-sky united matches. I was in there for Wigan and it was rammed. Six or seven sex-offenders were watching city in the conservatory bit and craning their heads to watch united.

Unread 07-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Alan

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:15 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
My dad was meant to go to that game. Couldn't find his passport night before though, don't think he was too gutted once he watched it the next day. Awful season

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcantona
My dad was meant to go to that game. Couldn't find his passport night before though, don't think he was too gutted once he watched it the next day. Awful season
That's the thing though, right up til City turned us over it was dire, but from then on it was title-winning form and but for blowing up at the end we could have nicked it...

The season before was a nothing season, with some proper grim moments. But they brought us together and there were some incredible highs as well - beat vermin home and away, city on their own pitch, won at Newcastle, Spurs and @#%&!ted £#%&!ing hideous M'boro on NYE, reached the Cup final - it was a throwback to the early 80s and a proper buzz at times

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
That's the thing though, right up til City turned us over it was dire, but from then on it was title-winning form and but for blowing up at the end we could have nicked it...

The season before was a nothing season, with some proper grim moments. But they brought us together and there were some incredible highs as well - beat vermin home and away, city on their own pitch, won at Newcastle, Spurs and @#%&!ted £#%&!ing hideous M'boro on NYE, reached the Cup final - it was a throwback to the early 80s and a proper buzz at times
The thing that sticks out for me is what happened in the summer, the signings Fergie made. Even after that Rooney/Ronaldo incident I looked forward to the next season because the promise was there. Writing was on the wall and Fergie completely turned it around

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Mr Castro

I thought for a few games in 06 we could have nicked the Title. Like I remember Chelsea going to Birmingham, drawing 0-0 and we beat Bolton that day. Week after we hammered Arsenal but then it went wrong when they @#%&!ted West Ham with 10 men and we drew 0-0 at home to £#%&!ing Sunderland. I shouldn't have got my hopes up. But the signs were there for the next season.

04/05 was grim but we knew we were shit so just enjoyed the ride. It had some good moments as mentioned before though.

Unread 07-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
She's got a point pal, he's bloody everywhere at the moment with his boring bloody opinions.

I hope we beat Liverpool blah blah blah RVP is really good at football blah blah blah Get on my bus love but mind the scaffolding poles blah blah blah.

i wanted fergie out during the miller-djemba-smith axis of @#%&!itude era, but not recently.

we will be buggered when he goes, imo. as the famous joni mitchell lyric said: "they took all the trees and put 'em in a tree museum/and they charged all the people a dollar and a half just to see 'em".

Unread 08-01-2013, 12:05 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Jem has wanted him out since 2000 (I think) and is now regarded as the person who has been wrong for the longest ever period on the internet *ever*. Way way ahead of Piers Morgan in case you were wondering.
I didn't want him out, just to buy some midfielders and pick our best team a bit more often.

I've always thought he was a complete @#%&!, though.

next you'll be saying the takeover hasn't been too bad.

Unread 08-01-2013, 12:07 AM
jem

fergie is the thatcher of football.
Closed Thread