United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:42 AM
denis lawless

as im not sure who is sponsoring the £#%&!er at any given time, i usually default to "League Cup" anyway

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:46 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
true

How would the name change of the stadium affect the SAF stand or whatever it's called?
"Ferguson's Tractors"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferguson_TE20

Unread 06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Scabs

There's a depressing air of inevitability about the renaming. Unfortunately, I doubt it will cause much more than a ripple...

Will it pay off the debt? I £#%&!ing doubt it.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:27 AM
utd99

Quote:
not reading all that
Good.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
not reading all that
I did... Don't agree with it but can't be arsed to type a big reply on my generic smart phone. As you were.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I did... Don't agree with it but can't be arsed to type a big reply on my generic smart phone. As you were.
I'd be interested to know what the total investment in players has been under the Glazer ownership and how that compares on a like-for-like basis to the period leading up to the buy-out...

Sorry Ed, that's not a direct reply to you...

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Mr_Ed

I know it's a tired retort and skewed by th Ronaldo money but our net spend is worse than that of Stoke City.

You can't use spend alone unless it's compared with all other clubs.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

DHL presents the Chevrolet endorsed Budweiser Stadium.
Sponsors reject association with a 'devil' mascot. Brand name is licenced as 'Red Christians'.
Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand for the anthem of the United States of America...

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
I'd be interested to know what the total investment in players has been under the Glazer ownership and how that compares on a like-for-like basis to the period leading up to the buy-out...

Sorry Ed, that's not a direct reply to you...
Do you mean just investment or investment minus the Ronaldo money which makes it look like we've spent nothing?

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:40 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
not reading all that
Quote:
No, I actually did but ......

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Do you mean just investment or investment minus the Ronaldo money which makes it look like we've spent nothing?
Spend on players, regardless.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Spend on players, regardless.
About 265m. That's without knowing what the Da Silva's cost and the total cost of Tevez's loan period.

That's outlay, not net spend.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
About 265m. That's without knowing what the Da Silva's cost and the total cost of Tevez's loan period.

that's n unwillingness to spend right there. I feel a bit stupid now.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Yet again - and I mean no disrespect to you utd99 or anyone else - but I'm slightly baffled at the state of this thread.

I would be astonished if OT didn't get renamed, or at least sponsor branded in the same vein as Sports Direct @ St. James' Park, in the next 5 years. I know we like as fans to keep in our own little bubble when it comes to things like this, still believing that players give a £#%&! about the club they play for or the shirt they wear, but the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Del Piero, Maldini are absolutely a dying breed.

Players, and managers, and so on so forth all the way to boardroom level do not give a £#%&! about fans opinions in matters like this. They care about if we turn up, and how much money we spend in the club shop, but we are literally walking £ signs to them. It's why I'm always utterly skeptical when you hear players saying anything with regards to 'letting fans down' or 'doing my best for the fans'. Aside from the aforementioned, and maybe a few others - I am talking absolute maximum 1% of top tier footballs - they only give a £#%&! in case it affects their wage packet.

There's been a lot of Rooney bashing on here recently over his weight etc, rightly or wrongly, but unfortunately he's a prime example. Using an issue that was close to the fans hearts - the glazers and their investment - and doing nothing with it other than ensuring he came away with an astronomically absurd pay rise. Who the hell did you think is subsidising that rise? Everyone who follows United, of course. If it's through buying a Season Ticket, paying for sky to watch it at home, or buying a little official kit for your kid that's all come out of our pockets. And that is the only reason the club 'cares' about fans - make no mistake that they do not have our 'genuine' interests at heart, it is simply so they can work out how best for us to spend our money with regards to the club.

Old Trafford will get renamed, there will be murmurs of discontent and maybe the odd protest, but I would be astonished if as a collective we the fans stop it from happening. It is utterly inevitable, and yes it probably will turn more of the old school/die hard fans away (potentially) as another of the long line of straws that are breaking backs, but we can't pretend we didn't see it coming.

What it eventually boils down to is you either accept and keep supporting the team, or it's a step too far away from the club we all grew up with. It's slightly sad I think that the kids of today will grow up thinking this kind of thing is the norm and not knowing any better, not knowing there was actually a time when it even mattered to the player who he played for, and not just the figure going into his bank account every week. There will be zero role models left in football when the old guard I mentioned eventually retire. And that's the real tragedy about the state of the game today in my opinion.

Unread 06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Paul_Parker
Yet again - and I mean no disrespect to you utd99 or anyone else - but I'm slightly baffled at the state of this thread.

I would be astonished if OT didn't get renamed, or at least sponsor branded in the same vein as Sports Direct @ St. James' Park, in the next 5 years. I know we like as fans to keep in our own little bubble when it comes to things like this, still believing that players give a £#%&! about the club they play for or the shirt they wear, but the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Del Piero, Maldini are absolutely a dying breed.

Players, and managers, and so on so forth all the way to boardroom level do not give a £#%&! about fans opinions in matters like this. They care about if we turn up, and how much money we spend in the club shop, but we are literally walking £ signs to them. It's why I'm always utterly skeptical when you hear players saying anything with regards to 'letting fans down' or 'doing my best for the fans'. Aside from the aforementioned, and maybe a few others - I am talking absolute maximum 1% of top tier footballs - they only give a £#%&! in case it affects their wage packet.

There's been a lot of Rooney bashing on here recently over his weight etc, rightly or wrongly, but unfortunately he's a prime example. Using an issue that was close to the fans hearts - the glazers and their investment - and doing nothing with it other than ensuring he came away with an astronomically absurd pay rise. Who the hell did you think is subsidising that rise? Everyone who follows United, of course. If it's through buying a Season Ticket, paying for sky to watch it at home, or buying a little official kit for your kid that's all come out of our pockets. And that is the only reason the club 'cares' about fans - make no mistake that they do not have our 'genuine' interests at heart, it is simply so they can work out how best for us to spend our money with regards to the club.

Old Trafford will get renamed, there will be murmurs of discontent and maybe the odd protest, but I would be astonished if as a collective we the fans stop it from happening. It is utterly inevitable, and yes it probably will turn more of the old school/die hard fans away (potentially) as another of the long line of straws that are breaking backs, but we can't pretend we didn't see it coming.

What it eventually boils down to is you either accept and keep supporting the team, or it's a step too far away from the club we all grew up with. It's slightly sad I think that the kids of today will grow up thinking this kind of thing is the norm and not knowing any better, not knowing there was actually a time when it even mattered to the player who he played for, and not just the figure going into his bank account every week. There will be zero role models left in football when the old guard I mentioned eventually retire. And that's the real tragedy about the state of the game today in my opinion.
'Great' post pal.

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
utd99

I'm not reading all that.

Quote:

Joking

No worries mate it's a forum, and good ones have differences of opinion all over the shop. Not like RAWK where they ban you for saying "Dal...."

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:00 AM
denis lawless

Quote:

believe is not reading all that..........:shakehead:

or maybe he is

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

How does that compare to the same period prior to the buy-out?

I may have to review my opinion.

Unread 06-09-2012, 09:02 AM
believe

Can't believe big mike was a regular in the 1950's. Footballers care who they played for rofl:
Closed Thread