United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Somebody who wants to own one of THE great names of world football - rather than some two-bit "nothing" outfit??

Just saying, pol
er, but they want the kudos of taking a team from nothing and basking in the reflected glory.

taking a team who are already on top and maintaining that isn't as appealing to their egos.

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Strong talk of Spuds being bought by kuwaiti's also, supposedly the reason monkey-man re-signed last week

Could be %@#$&!s but I've heard it mentioned a few times this weekend

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:21 PM
saffers

Anyone prefer the Glazers to stay over bringing in some multi billionaire arabs/chinese/indians who might rock the boat?

We don't really need a sugar daddy. Obviously id prefer the club to be owned by fans but if its a choice of what we are now or be owned by attention seeking fools who'll lord it up at every home game then I prefer to stick with what we've got.

Already toughed it out for 6 years, what's another 2 or 3 for the debt to be nearly gone. Our squad is nearly sorted for the long term future bar a couple of positions anyway. Better the devil you know.

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Anyone prefer the Glazers to stay over bringing in some multi billionaire arabs/chinese/indians who might rock the boat?

We don't really need a sugar daddy. Obviously id prefer the club to be owned by fans but if its a choice of what we are now or be owned by attention seeking fools who'll lord it up at every home game then I prefer to stick with what we've got.

Already toughed it out for 6 years, what's another 2 or 3 for the debt to be nearly gone. Our squad is nearly sorted for the long term future bar a couple of positions anyway. Better the devil you know.
I keep getting slated for being a boycotter but it couldn't be further from the truth. I don't see any reason whatsoever to want the Glazers out. They've spend money and not interfered one bit with the running of the club

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:

The debt hasn't 'nearly gone' at all

The rest of your post I agree with though, couldn't imagine anything worse than some @#%&! like Mansour expecting a £#%&!ing standing ovation every time he deigns to make an appearance.

Football is seriously £#%&!ed, why can't people just leave things alone

#@&%!s with too much money wanting to play champ manager in real life or #@&%!s being greedy, using people's 'love' of something to make money

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Lok

Quote:

They've not paid much debt off at all, they've just shifted it.

Prices have gone up around 50% since they took over and we've seen considerably less money invested into the team.

There is a complete lack of communication from them to the fans about their long term plans for the club. When was the last time we heard anything at all from them? I couldn't even say if Malcolm was still alive.

I don't want a rich sheikh to take over but this 'better the devil you know' %@#$&!s is a joke. I'd bend and spread my cheeks right now for the Qataris to come in and £#%&! the Glazers off.

Unread 01-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Pop

Quote:
They've only paid back around £80m of the half billion loan they took out to buy Utd seven years ago.

Debt free in about 35 years time then

Unread 03-07-2012, 12:04 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:

and this post sums up why i want you to die crashing into a pool of acid from a plane

seriously. die

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:17 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
and this post sums up why i want you to die crashing into a pool of acid from a plane

seriously. die
this

Unread 03-07-2012, 04:55 AM
rafabio

Quote:

:shakehead:

Unread 03-07-2012, 10:12 AM
red in cumbria

And for once rafabio speaks for most of the forum, which really does say it all......

A troll too far, saffers
Closed Thread