United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:55 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Yeah but what have you done to be embarrassed? Apart from the Rooney stuff obv.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:56 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Unread 01-05-2018, 03:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 01-05-2018, 03:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Woah.

Step back #@&%!....

Unread 01-05-2018, 03:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
L’pool supporters also refer to it regularly.
don't they refer to it to justify their shortcomings though? (well, I say shortcomings, they're about to seal a place in a European Cup final)

All I see when I look at that table is the fact United have spent the best part of 600mill in just 3 f***ing summer windows and our best player is the keeper Fergie signed 7 years ago ...& we're still f***ing putrid to watch.

Unread 01-05-2018, 03:32 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
don't they refer to it to justify their shortcomings though? (well, I say shortcomings, they're about to seal a place in a European Cup final later today)

All I see when I look at that table is the fact United have spent the best part of 600mill in just 3 £#%&!ing summer windows and our best player is the keeper Fergie signed 7 years ago ...& we're still £#%&!ing putrid to watch.
Correct, I did say they use it for different reasons tbf.

As for United that’s what you get when there’s no clear plan and you have three different managers in 5 years tbf. It was never going to be pretty tbh, but LVG selling players for £#%&! all and signing shit only for us to sell them too has surely made it look that much worse?

Unread 01-05-2018, 04:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Tighten the purse strings and make them work with it.
Yeah, can see that working right now

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Correct, I did say they use it for different reasons tbf.

As for United that’s what you get when there’s no clear plan and you have three different managers in 5 years tbf. It was never going to be pretty tbh, but LVG selling players for £#%&! all and signing shit only for us to sell them too has surely made it look that much worse?
LVG’s net spend was only £129m, so not sure he can take all the blame??

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Jesus.

Huge achievement being second in the league though.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
LVG’s net spend was only £129m, so not sure he can take all the blame??
No way he takes all the blame pal and he brought Jesse and Rashers through so I’ll always be grateful

But I’d say the majority of his signings were failures tbh which meant we wasted so much money and time during his period

I think perhaps one reason for that was he tried to replace so many in such a short space of time? But when he was only going to be here a few years it was to be expected i guess.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Very little lost in net spend on Schneiderlin, Memph etc. The value of buying young.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:21 PM
Ethers

Quote:
No way he takes all the blame pal and he brought Jesse and Rashers through so I’ll always be grateful

But I’d say the majority of his signings were failures tbh which meant we wasted so much money and time during his period

I think perhaps one reason for that was he tried to replace so many in such a short space of time? But when he was only going to be here a few years it was to be expected i guess.
Oh no doubt, his signings were generally poor looking back on it. But as Siders says, most of his big signings that we sold on went for a decent amount.

He certainly got rid of a few players he inherited for less than you’d expect, but the general feeling at the time was “who cares how much we receive, just get rid”

I don’t remember a lot of people particularly upset at the time about the Nani fee for example.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh no doubt, his signings were generally poor looking back on it. But as Siders says, most of his big signings that we sold on went for a decent amount.

He certainly got rid of a few players he inherited for less than you’d expect, but the general feeling at the time was “who cares how much we receive, just get rid”

I don’t remember a lot of people particularly upset at the time about the Nani fee for example.
I’m not particularly bothered that much now tbh pal, we’ve always sold players for less than we possibly should have and mainly because of their high wages etc (weren’t we paying Nani to play for Sporting a few years ago?).

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Fees received really don't have much to do with the manager. He makes players expendable, then up to the club.

As mentioned, high wages a big factor. Hence having to basically pay Wazza to leave.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:50 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
don't they refer to it to justify their shortcomings though? (well, I say shortcomings, they're about to seal a place in a European Cup final)

All I see when I look at that table is the fact United have spent the best part of 600mill in just 3 £#%&!ing summer windows and our best player is the keeper Fergie signed 7 years ago ...& we're still £#%&!ing putrid to watch.
You must spread etc.

Unread 01-05-2018, 05:55 PM
ScarFace

Our net spend would be a lot better if we were any good at getting rid of players we clearly dont want.

shaw
blind
darmian
jones
smalling
martial
mata
romero

150mil there.

Unread 01-05-2018, 06:01 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Our net spend would be a lot better if we were any good at getting rid of players we clearly dont want.

shaw
blind
darmian
jones
smalling
martial
mata
romero

150mil there.

Give over. We'd only get a decent fee for Martial. Smalling, Jones and Darmian maybe 10-15 mill apiece, the rest will go on free transfers.

PS: plus maybe 10 mill for Blind
Closed Thread