Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
We’re the MLS of football clubs.
Falcao
Schweinsteiger
Ibrahimovic
That crock Bale possible next? ffs

Kaka still knocking about? should go for him #worldclass

What about racist John Terry been instrumental in Villa's form this season captain lionheart better that the shitc*** of a defence we have #buy

Essien not retired yet would look great in midfield alongside Pogba a bit steel in midfield gets on well with Jose too #f*** it go all out

Unread 04-04-2018, 09:09 AM
Sapien

Need another left winger tbh

Unread 04-04-2018, 10:12 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
On
Let's hope not.

They signed him to be the Ronaldo replacement. How did that work out?

Unread 04-04-2018, 11:09 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Let's hope not.

They signed him to be the Ronaldo replacement. How did that work out?
not bad hes won 2 champs league finals on the spin

Unread 04-04-2018, 11:36 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
not bad hes won 2 champs league finals on the spin
That's true, but he's been poor this season, and in and out of the team. Plus it looks like his continual injuries have taken their toll.

Unread 04-04-2018, 11:54 AM
AK14

No thanks

Would prefer us to finally sort out the midfield and add a couple of defenders tbh.

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:11 PM
RemisMoses

I suppose it all depends on the price. We need to play a bit of hard ball because I honestly cant think of any other team that has the money that would take him? Maybe back to Spurs if Kane left to appease the fans but there's nobody else who could/would shell out a fat wedge for a 29 year old. They obviously want rid so as far as I can see we are bang in the box seat to dictate terms to them, not the other way round.

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:19 PM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I suppose it all depends on the price. We need to play a bit of hard ball because I honestly cant think of any other team that has the money that would take him? Maybe back to Spurs if Kane left to appease the fans but there's nobody else who could/would shell out a fat wedge for a 29 year old. They obviously want rid so as far as I can see we are bang in the box seat to dictate terms to them, not the other way round.
He's currently in the middle of a 6 year contract on silly wages. Why would he want to move? Why would anyone pay big money for a crock and pay his silly wages. Even on a free he would be more expensive than Sanchez!

Quote:
“Real Madrid and Gareth Bale have agreed to the extension of the player’s contract, which ties him to the club until June 30, 2022,” read a club statement.

Negotiations over an extension have been continuing for several months between Real and Bale’s representative, Jonathan Barnett, with an agreement reached a few weeks ago. It is understood the contract is worth more than £600,000 a week before tax with the buyout clause set at €1bn (£900m).

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-contract-2022

Unread 04-04-2018, 12:25 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
He's currently in the middle of a 6 year contract on silly wages. Why would he want to move? Why would anyone pay big money for a crock and pay his silly wages. Even on a free he would be more expensive than Sanchez!

Exactly, who would pay a fat transfer fee and his wages? There's isn't anyone I can think of. Bale's not in the first 11 hasn't been all season. When the big games come around he's on the bench. Madrid want him to move on and that's their way of telling him. Whether he plays the game or not is another thing entirely. Us and Bale are in the box seat, Madrid should dance to whatever tune we play.

Unread 04-04-2018, 01:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Madrid should dance to whatever tune we play.
that's our forte' tbf
We're good at fleecing other Clubs & pushing our weight around.
We always have them dancing to our tune whether it's ingoings or outgoings.

They'll probably give us £3.50 & a pouch of magic beans for De Gea on the day the window opens ..& we'll give them 96mill on the final day of the summer window for Bale.

Unread 04-04-2018, 01:30 PM
RemisMoses

That wouldn't surprise me Maybe the happy medium is a straight swap deal? There's no way Madrid will pay 100m (daves worth) for a keeper. Navas is perfectly capable and the fans like him. Why would they pay mega bucks to improve the position by 1-2 % ? They just wouldn't.

They can bluff all they like about wanting to keep Bale but its clear to anyone they are desperate to cash in, and there wont be a massive queue to take him. So we should box clever we can afford to call their bluff and wait and see

Unread 05-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I suppose it all depends on the price.
It doesn’t. If he was what we needed the price would be irrelevant. He’s on the way down and his ambitions have already been satisfied. He’d be purely a commercial signing that won’t help us get where we want to be.

Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me Maybe the happy medium is a straight swap deal?
Log off.

Unread 05-04-2018, 10:13 AM
RemisMoses

So if they gave him to us for free and he was happy on 100k a week that makes no difference whether he's worth the risk?

Price is never irrelevant its the no 1 bench mark to measure value ffs. What a gormless thing to say.

Unread 05-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Cream

Quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-contract-2022
Stupid @#%&!s.

Unread 05-04-2018, 03:04 PM
92ToBury

£#%&! that. Rather swap Ronaldo and Varane for De Gea and trust in big Serg.

Unread 05-04-2018, 05:44 PM
ScarFace

He'd be in the new forced pc stand most of the time.

NO.

Unread 05-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
So if they gave him to us for free and he was happy on 100k a week that makes no difference whether he's worth the risk?
He’s what we need or he isn’t. If there’s doubt with a big pay off if it works then price can come into it in some cases. It’s always risk v reward.

He won’t be free and he won’t be on 100k a week btw. He isn’t worth the risk.

Quote:
Price is never irrelevant its the no 1 bench mark to measure value ffs.
Alright Fergie. Wind it in.
Closed Thread