United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2018, 01:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Keane joined 25 years ago. ffs

It is a bit different but there are still lads in the game, especially in the top sides, who control the dressing room for the manager.

Unread 04-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I really wish I had a pound for every time I've heard/read 'Can you imagine keano...etc' in these last 5 years. Its academic ffs. Football has changed unimaginably since he started with us 25 YEARS AGO and changed even more since he left 13 YEARS AGO.

If he was in todays squad and he grabbed pogba by the neck and so on. He would get turfed out for bullying and who ever was end the end of his wrath would just leave. Its a different world and the parallels aren't worth shit. Look how well his management style went down with todays players Its no longer a game for 'men' and a more balanced approach is needed imo
He'd be far and away our best player. So could probably do as he wished. Even Ferie put up with him until he was a shadow of the player he was.

Unread 04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
RemisMoses

I remember Liverpools fall from grace, they were forever reminiscing about the 'Souness spirit' they lost. and we are just the same. Always looking back, but the die is cast those days are never coming back we need to look forward.

Whos City's keano? Whos Barca's, Bayerns? Liverpools? The days of the manager needing a right hand man, his enforcer on the pitch are long gone.

Unread 04-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Buck

Unread 04-04-2018, 03:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
I remember Liverpools fall from grace, they were forever reminiscing about the 'Souness spirit' they lost. and we are just the same. Always looking back, but the die is cast those days are never coming back we need to look forward.

Whos City's keano? Whos Barca's, Bayerns? Liverpools? The days of the manager needing a right hand man, his enforcer on the pitch are long gone.
Who's our Lionel Messi?

Unread 04-04-2018, 03:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Who's our Lionel Messi?
Jesseh

Unread 04-04-2018, 04:58 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
it depends how literal you want to take the comparisons.
I'm not on about him grabbing Pogba by the throat, crushing his windpipe & fracturing his skull as he slams him against the wall... well maybe a bit.

I'm talking about a connection to the Club & fans. I'm talking about professional pride ffs

I'm well aware the game is unrecognisable from what it was even ten years ago - that's why I have less & less interest.
So true
Closed Thread