Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:49 PM
20 times

Is Jammy Dodger Tropical in disguise?

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
That’s because they are only first team managers and responsible for that aspect of the club only. They maintain stability with a general manager running everything outside the first team. It’s like Fergie changing his assistant.

Other than last season, he hasn’t been a failure in his employer’s eyes.

Man management.

Is mourinho?
If you’re not happy and you’re in a position of power to change it, how do you do so and how long does it take?

Half the fan base would moan about the tactics he’d have to employ to give us a chance to win it.

We ended on a high because the mutiny was over and the players had got their way. When rashford got in the team red issue reported one of the senior players told him to ignore everything van gaal told him to do. So giving van gaal the credit for the last few months and the youngsters thriving seems a bit of a stretch. He’d have never been sacked if the scenario you describe was down to van gaal.

As for doing the basics well, what were they? Passing it square and backwards for 90 minutes?

That’s the official story. I recall the reporting on red issue at the time was that Fergie convinced guardiola that the job wouldn’t be available so he took the Munich job. 2009 was the first time red issue mentioned moyes being Fergie’s choice to succeed him. So the idea he tapped guardiola or anyone else up is revisionist nonsense because of how moyes turned out. What Ferguson did was clear the path and engineer his man into place.

Because of internal in fighting over personal interests. Fergie wanted moyes. Fergie wanted giggs. Others wanted mourinho. Edwards, who for some reason still has influence, was punting Simeone. So the club gets pushed and pulled between these competing interests.

If gill hadn’t have £#%&!ed off, I doubt moyes would have got the job. He always wanted someone with experience at the highest level. He’d supposedly wanted mourinho. The board supposedly didn’t think Woodward would be able to handle him. The showdown lead to Fergie winning after various threats.
Lot of trust in Red Issue there, pal.

LvG wouldn't have been selecting Rashford if he was ignoring his instructions btw. Absolutely nqat.

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

LvG wouldn't have been selecting Rashford if he was ignoring his instructions btw. Absolutely nqat.
On the subject of Rashford, it's a difficult one...

If we signed Kane or some other established striker, he'd be shunted out to the left regardless.
If we didn't sign anyone and left him up top, and he went through the form he's currently going through, would that pressure, especially at this club, be good for his development?

Only other option would have been to sign Sanchez, sign a proper attacking right sided player and rotate with him and Martial but, would that have worked? Who knows

Unread 14-02-2018, 03:57 PM
dunk

Red Issue

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:03 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Never should have got him

No style miserable.... and it's what he does
I thought that about Fergie when we hired him. Hated him and was gutted when it was reported charlton was travelling to Scotland to get him. He was a dour miserable, disciplinarian @#%&! who didn’t give a shit about trying to win with style. And that’s exactly how it was for his first 3 or four seasons in charge. Archie Knox £#%&!ing off and being replaced with brian Kidd is the best thing that happened for Fergie and united.

Quote:
Sack in the summer and go all out for Pochetino. Positive, promotes youth, young and hungry. Spurs are on the up and exciting to watch.
Couldn’t overcome raniera and Leicester to win a title. 2nd last season, fifth this. On the up. The second he has us doing well he’d £#%&! off to Barca or Real as soon as they came calling. Liverpool played decent football under Brendon Rogers, and came closer to the title than the spurs manager has managed. Maybe he’s the man. Or we could give time and patience to a man who has won titles everywhere he’s been, is still relatively young for a manager, won’t £#%&! off if successful and has always wanted to manage united.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

If we signed Kane or some other established striker, he'd be shunted out to the left regardless.
If we didn't sign anyone and left him up top, and he went through the form he's currently going through, would that pressure, especially at this club, be good for his development?

Only other option would have been to sign Sanchez, sign a proper attacking right sided player and rotate with him and Martial but, would that have worked? Who knows
Rashford was so good at the end of his debut season we maybe didn't need to sign a superstar striker, just add to the group.

I think you get rid of Lukaku and you have plenty of scope with Martial, Lingard, Rashford and Sanchez to develop something flexible and versatile. I reckon Guardiola fancied Sanchez as a striker, especially as he ages. The possibility for interchanging there is good.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:14 PM
ZiggyStardust

Personally after Zlat I’d rather have moved to a mobile front 3 like our 2007-08 side
Sign a forward like we’ve done with Sanchez who can play in all 3 forward positions and get some fluidity and unpredictability going in our attacking but still with some structure behind it

Instead Jose stuck to a habit of a lifetime and got his big target man who unfortunately despite his size happens to be a bit of a @#%&!
Even if he was producing himself, Lukaku just doesn’t compliment any of our other attackers

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

I could quote the sun or the star I guess.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Personally after Zlat I’d rather have moved to a mobile front 3 like our 2007-08 side
Sign a forward like we’ve done with Sanchez who can play in all 3 forward positions and get some fluidity and unpredictability going in our attacking but still with some structure behind it

Instead Jose stuck to a habit of a lifetime and got his big target man who unfortunately despite his size happens to be a bit of a @#%&!
Even if he was producing himself, Lukaku just doesn’t compliment any of our other attackers
Wonder if he would have gone for Lukaku if Griezmann had arrived, could have made a big difference to our attack. Lukaku is horrendous, Everton was his level.

Unread 14-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

I don’t know what the issue is. Ferguson played young players out of position all the time when bringing them through. The player has to show the right mentality and overcome. Neville was a centre half and he played him right. Beckham was a central midfielder and he played him right. Scholes was a forward and he played him midfield. Giggs played all over. I don’t think he brought one striker through. He didn’t like playing youngsters in the middle with too much responsibility. Busby played charlton out of position for 4 seasons. As a young player you take your chances where you get them or fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Only when off my meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Red Issue
I’d back red eye’s sources and knowledge of what’s happening at the club over many other journalists I see quoted on here. One other thing you got from red eye was which other journalists were worth paying attention to when it came to United.

Unread 14-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Sack in the summer and go all out for Pochetino. Positive, promotes youth, young and hungry. Spurs are on the up and exciting to watch.
The Class of '93 will not be happening again. Give it up.

Unread 14-02-2018, 05:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
I don’t know what the issue is. Ferguson played young players out of position all the time when bringing them through. The player has to show the right mentality and overcome. Neville was a centre half and he played him right. Beckham was a central midfielder and he played him right. Scholes was a forward and he played him midfield. Giggs played all over. I don’t think he brought one striker through. He didn’t like playing youngsters in the middle with too much responsibility. Busby played charlton out of position for 4 seasons. As a young player you take your chances where you get them or fail.

Only when off my meds.

I’d back red eye’s sources and knowledge of what’s happening at the club over many other journalists I see quoted on here. One other thing you got from red eye was which other journalists were worth paying attention to when it came to United.
Red issue became a United hating parody of itself in about 2002 pal.

Unread 14-02-2018, 05:48 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
That is also something people need to get their head around

Unread 14-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
exactly. who exactly are all these world class youth players that deserve to be in the first team but aren't getting a game?

Unread 14-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
exactly. who exactly are all these world class youth players that deserve to be in the first team but aren't getting a game?
Rashford...

But, he needs the club, the manager, the supporters and everyone in the world to put faith in him to lead the line, for the biggest club in the world, through the pressures of every competition and through every inevitable dip in form from what I've read

Unread 14-02-2018, 06:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
it's a very impressive disguise, if so.

Quote:

Instead Jose stuck to a habit of a lifetime
people are going to have to come to terms with this. the special leopard.

Unread 14-02-2018, 06:23 PM
andyroo

Quote:

"You're great, Alexis"

I think you mean complement

Unread 14-02-2018, 06:27 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
"You're great, Alexis"

I think you mean complement
Enjoyed that

Unread 14-02-2018, 07:07 PM
AK14

Quote:

He wouldn't have been selecting him at all if Will Keane and Nick Powell weren't injured tbf.

Quote:
I could quote the sun or the star I guess.
Depends if Woodward had briefed the stories.

Unread 14-02-2018, 07:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
He wouldn't have been selecting him at all if Will Keane and Nick Powell weren't injured tbf.

Depends if Woodward had briefed the stories.
State of you..
Closed Thread