United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Clattenberg gate rumbles on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Ah, well that's it then. A ginger is involved, we almost certainly cheated.
No way we cheated, the ref may have got it wrong, though personally i think he saw the handball and saw their keeper had the ball and just, rather sensibly, thought, might as well play on. Not his fault that Gomes is a £#%&!ing idiot. Nani had no real option but to score. Not like Spurs were gonna equalise anyway, we totally outplayed and nullified 'em 2nd half.

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The defender tugged his shirt, he didn't go down immediately but eventually did, (all of this in the box). Pretty good shout for a pen
That's what I saw, though it was in a pretty chaotic place.

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Zorg

As usual, people lose the power of rational thought as United are involved.

Any other team in the universe and it would simply be described as 'a bit cheeky' and Gomes would get the slating he deserves for awarding himself a free-kick.

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
He seems a bit grumpy to me generally, trouble at home
Just allergic to whining internet @#%&!s

HTHYWC

Unread 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM
tony tabletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Just allergic to whining internet @#%&!s

HTHYWC
Not whining, just discussing a football topic, weird on here I know.

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...o__Drogba.aspx

Anfield hero: "Unpleasant" Nani more devious than Ronaldo & Drogba

Author: Ben Moss
Posted on:02 November 2010 - 10:26

Liverpool legend John Aldridge has slammed Manchester United winger Nani, claming the Portuguese star is fast “becoming the most unpopular player in the Premier League”.

The former Liverpool striker believes Nani’s behaviour against Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend was “one of the most dreadful acts I have ever seen from a professional footballer”, intimating the ex-Sporting Lisbon prodigy is now more unpopular than Chelsea forward Didier Drogba and Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo.

Aldridge’s attack on the Old Trafford star stems from Manchester United’s second goal against Spurs on Saturday, during which the Portuguese international handled the ball in the build up to the goal which Harry Redknapp described as “farcical”.

The Anfield hero told the Liverpool Echo: “The biggest talking point of the weekend was the preposterous goal Nani scored for Manchester United.

“It was, quite frankly, one of the most dreadful acts I have ever seen from a professional footballer and he is quickly becoming the most unpopular player in the Premier League.

“Everything he did was calculated and Tottenham’s players were quite right to feel so aggrieved but, in truth, we should not have been too shocked about it.

“When Alex Ferguson tried to turn the spotlight on Fernando Torres after Liverpool played at Old Trafford in September, it was only to take the heat off Nani for the way he had been flinging himself around the pitch.

“He is more devious than Cristiano Ronaldo and Didier Drogba, a real unpleasant player.

“But, given he has made a fool of referee Mark Clattenburg, I think Nani might find he does not get so many awards the next time he falls over.”

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:19 PM
Zorg

ffs, 'Nani ate my hamster'. Jesus £#%&!ing Christ.

By the way, 'Clattenberg gate' - crap name for a scandal imo.

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I dunno, the Brandenbeg Gate's still pretty famous.

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:23 PM
tony tabletop

Clattenberg Cake any good?

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
Clattenberg Cake any good?

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Agreed its too close to battenberg cake which is a favourite of mine, it should be changed

Nani ate my hamster

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
The Watcher

Think the scousers should concentrate on not getting relegated, instead of worrying about us. What a vile specimen Aldridge is, even by the vermin’s standard. @#%&!.

As much as I’m loving the ABU hysteria, I think it’s clear that we won’t get the next half a dozen obvious penalty shouts. Probably get a few soft red cards too.

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

it's ok though we don't mention this as slope head gets away with it

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Aldridge’s attack on the Old Trafford star stems from Manchester United’s second goal against Spurs on Saturday, during which the Portuguese international handled the ball in the build up to the goal which Harry Redknapp described as “farcical”.

The Anfield hero told the Liverpool Echo: [b]“The biggest talking point of the weekend was the preposterous goal Nani scored for Manchester United.

“It was, quite frankly, one of the most dreadful acts I have ever seen from a professional footballer and he is quickly becoming the most unpopular player in the Premier League.
Did the stupid tached @#%&! have anything to say when the ladyboy played the "backpass" against Sunderland?

Thought not.

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Sloppy

Unread 02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
ReligiousRed

Unread 02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Ah, well that's it then. A ginger is involved, we almost certainly cheated.
A ginger who shamefully turned his back on his country no less.

Unread 02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

ronaldo was PFA player of the year 2 years on the trot so probably wasn't that unpopular is my theory. Drogba was nominated last season as well.

Unread 02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
one of the most dreadful acts I have ever seen from a professional footballer

This lack of perspective coming from a guy who was at Hillsborough. :shakehead:

Closed Thread