United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Sandman

Sounds like he's not in it for the long haul, three years of shit football, a few trophies and he's off. I'm sure Woodward has his lucky dip ready to pick the next manager.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Lok

It's very strange.

Most people in his position would just rent a place, that's what half the players do. £10k a month would get him a very s£#%&!y apartment in Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Bowdon etc...

He seems to be trying to make a point by staying in a hotel but I'm not entirely sure what that point is.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Sounds like he's not in it for the long haul, three years of shit football, a few trophies and he's off. I'm sure Woodward has his lucky dip ready to pick the next manager.
Only speculating now but....

As a human being, maybe he'd prefer to live with his family, in a home, altogether, as opposed to uprooting his children, who are still in school, away from their friends and lifestyles...Maybe that's why he's living in a hotel, maybe he's waiting for his children to finish their education and to see if he has cemented his place here as manager first, before splashing a few million on a house in Cheshire....

Having said all that, why isn't he just renting a place??

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:51 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's very strange.

Most people in his position would just rent a place, that's what half the players do. £10k a month would get him a very s£#%&!y apartment in Alderley Edge, Prestbury, Bowdon etc...

He seems to be trying to make a point by staying in a hotel but I'm not entirely sure what that point is.
He probably gets a continental breakfast for free in his hotel every morning though

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:51 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's very strange.

Yep. Utterly bizarre. He's a very odd man.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
He probably gets a continental breakfast for free in his hotel every morning though
What's in a full Portuguese?

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:52 PM
dunk

In a hotel he has somebody cooking and cleaning etc. as part of the deal. Get's his washing done and all that. Anything he needs at the end of the phone. Makes sense to some degree.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:53 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Jesus. It's true too.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:54 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
What's in a full Portuguese?
liver and kidneys

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
In a hotel he has somebody cooking and cleaning etc. as part of the deal. Get's his washing done and all that. Anything he needs at the end of the phone. Makes sense to some degree.
True that actually...

He also did say he wanted to stay here longer than three years too so, who knows really

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:55 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Yep but imagine being at Carrington and worrying someones robbed you because the cleaner leaves all the doors open EVERY DAY. Oooh I'll hide my camera in my suitcase, no-one will ever look there

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:56 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
He could just hire people to do that in his own place.

Makes no sense unless he's thinking about calling it quits in the next year or so.

Unread 08-06-2017, 01:59 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
liver and kidneys

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Think this just confirms he's waiting for a bigger job.
God isn't retiring any time soon though.

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:07 PM
gav81

He isn't planning long term in Manchester then, thank God. Mourinho is clearly miserable here. It would be better to get a manager who already lives in the area for a happier work/life balance.

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:08 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
He isn't planning long term in Manchester then, thank God. Mourinho is clearly miserable here. It would be better to get a manager who already lives in the area for a happier work/life balance.
Karl Margison

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:09 PM
andyroo

Moyes still lives in £#%&!heroe. Not an arduous commute. Good suggestion Gav.

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
£#%&!ing hell gav, you're giving us a small pool to select from ffs

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Pop

He can have a jodrell whenever he wants too. Can't underestimate the importance of that.

Unread 08-06-2017, 02:20 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Moyes still lives in £#%&!heroe. Not an arduous commute. Good suggestion Gav.
Really? This is the biggest house in £#%&!heroe

Closed Thread