United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:06 PM
TheToppestRed

Default If Ferguson ever managed on the continent, how would it have turned out?

I think it would've been something like Venables - win a league, do ok, get sacked. I don't think he had the curiosity or vigour like JM, Pep, Carlo, heynckes, etc to test himself in a wide range of situations and succeed.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Yeah, not much between Ferguson and Venables really.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Sparky***

He won two european cups and beat Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final. With Aberdeen.

Did alright.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, not much between Ferguson and Venables really.

Shit Bertie wum. Yawn.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:16 PM
TheToppestRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He won two european cups and beat Real Madrid in the cup winners cup final. With Aberdeen.

Did alright.
So why didn't he test himself with managing at RM, Barca, Juve, or Milan - proper huge clubs?

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheToppestRed
So why didn't he test himself with managing at RM, Barca, Juve, or Milan - proper huge clubs?
The idea, if you're going to wum, is to be subtle and then ramp it up occasionally.

Unfortunately, you've come wading in with your stupid inflatable banana in true tactless City fashion and exposed yourself.

Silly boy.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:19 PM
TheToppestRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The idea, if you're going to wum, is to be subtle and then ramp it up occasionally.

Unfortunately, you've come wading in with your stupid inflatable banana in true tactless City fashion and exposed yourself.

Silly boy.
Not a wum - it's a proper question. City are a shit club - small time. No one cares about them.

Do you think Ferguson would've been as successful as Carlo or JM or Pep in multiple leagues on the continent, speaking multiple languages, being tactically flexible, working under various set ups?

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:21 PM
itisme_panaflex

Everyone knows it's a wum.
Sign out, re-register and try again.

Seriously, it's a very poor effort.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Not a wum - it's a proper question. City are a shit club - small time. No one cares about them.

Do you think Ferguson would've been as successful as Carlo or JM or Pep in multiple leagues on the continent, speaking multiple languages, being tactically flexible, working under various set ups?
I don't really care tbh. He won 39 trophies at Manchester United, that's all that matters.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:23 PM
Throw

Honestly I can imagine Koppas executing a better wum (no offence koppas)

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Dunno. But I reckon when he sips on his Whisky in the evenings as the most successful manager in the game with a stand at Old Trafford named after him, he cannot stop thinking about it.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:24 PM
92ToBury

On the day you've announced Guardiola you're on a United forum. That's why you'll always be small.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:26 PM
TheToppestRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Dunno. But I reckon when he sips on his Whisky in the evenings as the most successful manager in the game with a stand at Old Trafford named after him, he cannot stop thinking about it.
well considering the CL was his holy grail, yes the fact that Carlo's on 3 and that Pep & JM have 20 years left to eclipse his mark of two - yes it eats away at him that he underachieved in europe.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:27 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

who the £#%&! is this colostomy bag

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:29 PM
Red Al

Quote:
well considering the CL was his holy grail, yes the fact that Carlo's on 3 and that Pep & JM have 20 years left to eclipse his mark of two - yes it eats away at him that he underachieved in europe.
First year in Europe as a Utd manager after the ban he won the cup winners cup

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
It's what passes for a wum down at the Emptyhad, I think. Should stick to waving his inflatable bananas and flogging match tickets down the local shopping centre.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
A utd obsessed Bertie

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:34 PM
TheToppestRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
First year in Europe as a Utd manager after the ban he won the cup winners cup
Now who sounds like the city supporter? bigging up the cup winners cup

I'm sure RM, Barca, & Bayern would trade in their european cups for the CWC.

Yes I know Rotterdam was an epic day out but I doubt Barca are hung up over it like we are about Rome & Wembley.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Yes I know Rotterdam was an epic day out but I doubt Barca are hung up over it like we are about Rome & Wembley.
I dont know a red that gives it a second thought Losing to Levekusen porto dortmund when we had a great chance was a million times more gutting.

Unread 01-02-2016, 09:39 PM
Red Al

You had to win the league back then to get into the European cup and the fa cup was our first win

Then in 94ish fergie had to put up with the rule that made players like Giggs classed as overseas players(barca away 0-4 with Cantona and big Peter sat in the stands to comply)
Closed Thread