United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:08 AM
ziggyman17

we would be far better off having owners like Chelsea or City... In football thats the best sort of owners a club can have, owners that use all money made by the club to be invested in the club, in an ideal world the club would have no one owner and would be owned by the fans, but we do not live in a ideal world.........

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
we would be far better off having owners like Chelsea or City... In football thats the best sort of owners a club can have, owners that use all money made by the club to be invested in the club, in an ideal world the club would have no one owner and would be owned by the fans, but we do not live in a ideal world.........
.....there's a little club MNIK and co visit in Moston a bit like this.

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Yes. I'd be proud for us to be run as a vehicle by an oil rich, non democratic Arab state that is promoting its own interests or better still a corrupt oligarch. Heaven.

Ever heard of German football clubs?

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:29 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Yes. I'd be proud for us to be run as a vehicle by an oil rich, non democratic Arab state that is promoting its own interests or better still a corrupt oligarch. Heaven.

Glazers are worse... In Germany fans can own 51% of the club,

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Glazers are worse... In Germany fans can own 51% of the club,
Which was my point - the German model is better.

The Glazers took United from a plc to private and then did an IPO on the New York Stock Exchange.

The only example (in the absence of Putin or Saudi Arabia bowling along with a cheque book) is for them to float the whole business as a plc. Ideally this will mean no major shareholder over 51% diverting profits into fat dividends for themselves and a neutral board finding the appropriate balance between investing in the club, players and paying dividends.

Alright, Warren Buffett.

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:48 AM
puressence

Has Keith commented

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:49 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

Less than a decade ago we would have been one of the four favourites to win the CL but since the gimps trousered the ronaldo money and started to cut the transfer budget which led us to have the same net spend as relegation type clubs we are now miles away from the Europes top clubs leaving us open to panic buying over the last 2 or so years thus being fleeced by other clubs.
On top of that other elite clubs are stockpiling top players and developing their youth setup while ours is being cut to the bone.

Unread 31-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Has Keith commented
What do you think the potential future financing model should be for United?

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:27 PM
jem

I wish I'd archived all the takeover threads.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Denis Irwell

We'll be lucky to be the Arsenal of the last decade

Keep the football side of it competing for 4th place and cream off the wonga

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wish I'd archived all the takeover threads.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Vetch

Wouldn't have a problem if they cut the players wages.

We're turning into AC Milan.

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetch
Wouldn't have a problem if they cut the players wages.

We're turning into AC Milan.
Tbf, they must've knocked a fair few quid off the wage budget in the last few years, 29 players departing, only about 9 coming in, and a lot of very high earners out of the door... RvP, Vidic, Rio, Giggs, Evra, Nani all £100k+ wouldn't have thought their wages are matched by those that have come in..

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:16 PM
ziggyman17

800 million taken out of the club over the past 10 years.....

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Red Al

Quote:
800 million taken out of the club over the past 10 years.....
= 4 Ronaldos 4 Gareth bales and enough leftover to redevelop the south stand

£#%&!ing gimps

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
= 4 Ronaldos 4 Gareth bales and enough leftover to redevelop the south stand

£#%&!ing gimps
You need to get over the stadium development tbh.

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
You need to get over the stadium development tbh.
Never

But it's more about investing in the clubs infastructure as we just seem to be standing still.
Byern have a top stadium
Barca,Madrid,Spurs,Liverpool all have plans
Arsenal have a new stadium
and city have improved theirs

While we're being bled dry

Unread 31-01-2016, 01:53 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Never

But it's more about investing in the clubs infastructure as we just seem to be standing still.
Byern have a top stadium
Barca,Madrid,Spurs,Liverpool all have plans
Arsenal have a new stadium
and city have improved theirs

While we're being bled dry
and thats when the gimps will leave...... I have to laugh when I hear people say ' Oh but what happens when the Chelsea owner gets bored and leaves, the same with City, they will be then in the shit' well the Russian is still there over 10 years after buying Chelsea and the City owners are still there 8 years later....

Unread 31-01-2016, 02:07 PM
TheFatGoth

Just cancelled my Vodafone contract

#ffw
Closed Thread