United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Sparky***

Default Glazer's tightening the purse strings across the club

...13% cuts in departments, including the youth academy. Would explain why Derek Langley walked out.

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:51 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Anything in the Express on the impending hurricane and margarine causing cancer?

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Anything in the Express on the impending hurricane and margarine causing cancer?
So you think it's a coincidence that the head of youth development walked out a week ago because he was "disillusioned"?

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So you think it's a coincidence that the head of youth development walked out a week ago because he was "disillusioned"?
Depends - where did you read that?

Lok

They're cutting the budget of an already starved department?

What could possibly go wrong?!?

It'd be easier if they just £#%&!ed off the youth team altogether. You either do it properly or not at all.

Jez Quigley

Thumbs down

My family member who works at OT confirms that it's a mess

It's bloody depressing

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Depends - where did you read that?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ady-leave.html

http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-34367076.html

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:55 PM
Whip Hubley

Won't someone think of the children!

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:57 PM
Switching Off

If they cut our shots on target by 13% we're £#%&!ed.

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Nothing specific about budget cuts in either article.

Not that it would surprise me - but the Express FFS.

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:58 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
If they cut our shots on target by 13% we're £#%&!ed.
Not really. 0 - 13% is still 0.

Unread 30-01-2016, 11:59 PM
ziggyman17

These £#%&!ers are the main problem.. I posted the other day that the gimps are a bigger problem than the manager and I got laughed at by a couple of posters.. The gimps will bleed the club dry and then sell up and piss off..

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
These £#%&!ers are the main problem.. I posted the other day that the gimps are a bigger problem than the manager and I got laughed at by a couple of posters.. The gimps will bleed the club dry and then sell up and piss off..
They're siphoning £15m out of the club every year into their families accounts. Probably more when the going's good.

Absolutely disgusting that they're announcing record incomes and now cost cutting around the place.

Although *tin hat* one explanation could be preparing for another year out of the champions league and also big spending in the summer. Something has to give.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:05 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Don't really understand what the point of that is, Rougers, but whatevs.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:10 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't really understand what the point of that is, Rougers, but whatevs.
I don't believe anything I read in the paper related directly or indirectly to Manchester United. Like the Suns exclusive Van Gaal "resignation" Woodward refused last week that got everyone frothing on here and speaking in tongues.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Sparky***

Don't really understand why anyone would think this story unlikely. It makes perfect sense when you think about it. Didn't make it out of the Champions league group stage, looking at missing out on top four in 2 out of 3 seasons potentially, we've been spending hundreds of millions in the last couple of summers.....also probably going to face financial penalties for not qualifying for CL from Adidas deal.

something had to give somewhere....because the Glazers certainly aren't going to cut back on what they're taking out of the club.

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Won't someone think of the children!

Unread 31-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Closed Thread