United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Lok

Default Vidic released by Inter

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/inte...hNzFBL3j4klxpA

Sounds like he's had a nightmare since he went there.

We'll probably never see another pairing like him and Rio

No doubt he'll be off to some shit league to make megabucks for a few years.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:35 PM
Ethers

Again? £#%&! me, he really must be shit.

Unread 18-01-2016, 10:36 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Again? £#%&! me, he really must be shit.
I even did a quick search

Unread 18-01-2016, 11:21 PM
NegativeNorris

We were the only team to have the best of him, and tbh, I'm quite happy with that. Absolutely fantastic defender, complimented perfectly by Rio.

What a defence we had.

Unread 18-01-2016, 11:31 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegativeNorris
We were the only team to have the best of him, and tbh, I'm quite happy with that. Absolutely fantastic defender, complimented perfectly by Rio.

What a defence we had.
Fergie cracked it with that pairing as he did with Bruce/Pallister

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:05 PM
Jethro

Retired

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:08 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Him and Rio were the best pairing we ever had. NQAT.

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:18 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Him and Rio were the best pairing we ever had. NQAT.
Ahem

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:19 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Retired
good. thought he'd go to villa.

love vidic

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:27 PM
morgan

Legend

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Mr_Ed

Vidic, Stam, Rio - great centre halves

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Pop

A great bunch of lads.

Unread 29-01-2016, 01:36 PM
PeakyBlinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Vidic, Stam, Rio - great centre halves
Proud of the lads.

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Pop

Brap brap!

Vida - my man
"Where is he from"...."he is well out of his depth"... these were the type of comments flying around the training ground after the 1st few training sessions we saw Vida!
So to see what an unbelievable force he became while at Man Utd means the work he comitted himself to physically and mentally is truly huge.
You have to remember he was playing against great strikers (Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie, Saha, Wayne Rooney) in training everyday, a big step up from the players in the Russian league. But in a dressing room its a cold world where judgements are passed quickly without remorse - and Vida was judged! Vida is a deep thinker, he was then he is now...so the questioning himself from all angles would have been frying his head the first few months at the club while struggling in training.
He worked on his strength in the gym, worked out what was needed for him to succeed in the Premier League and then started to establish himself in our team.
Im always asked about our partnership, did you do specific training etc....Not really no, it was something that just worked very naturally. He was very aggressive, loved attacking the 1st ball in or out of the box, getting right into the opposing strikers & i liked the sweeping up and covering type stuff...but our partnership brought out the best in our games and made us strive harder to be the best.
My favourite partner to play alongside - YES.
He became a defender that was feared, he could fight with the most physical, he crunched into tackles, he attacked the ball better than anyone ive ever seen....but as he will tell you with a smile, he could also play with the ball too, which made him complete & a great defender. Because he was soo good in the aggressive/attackimg the ball areas people probably looked over his ability with the ball to his annoyance!
As a freind he is made of the top stuff, always honest & thoughtful but also game for a laugh (when he is ready)!
Manchester United miss him now & so will football.
What a player.....what a guy....
Welcome to retirement bro!
Rio

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:37 PM
believe

Probably the best centre half pairing football has ever seen

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Brap brap!

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/693067137691324416

Vida - my man
"Where is he from"...."he is well out of his depth"... these were the type of comments flying around the training ground after the 1st few training sessions we saw Vida!
So to see what an unbelievable force he became while at Man Utd means the work he comitted himself to physically and mentally is truly huge.
You have to remember he was playing against great strikers (Cristiano Ronaldo, Robin van Persie, Saha, Wayne Rooney) in training everyday, a big step up from the players in the Russian league. But in a dressing room its a cold world where judgements are passed quickly without remorse - and Vida was judged! Vida is a deep thinker, he was then he is now...so the questioning himself from all angles would have been frying his head the first few months at the club while struggling in training.
He worked on his strength in the gym, worked out what was needed for him to succeed in the Premier League and then started to establish himself in our team.
Im always asked about our partnership, did you do specific training etc....Not really no, it was something that just worked very naturally. He was very aggressive, loved attacking the 1st ball in or out of the box, getting right into the opposing strikers & i liked the sweeping up and covering type stuff...but our partnership brought out the best in our games and made us strive harder to be the best.
He became a defender that was feared, he could fight with the most physical, he crunched into tackles, he attacked the ball better than anyone ive ever seen....but as he will tell you with a smile, he could also play with the ball too, which made him complete & a great defender. Because he was soo good in the aggressive/attackimg the ball areas people probably looked over his ability with the ball to his annoyance!
As a freind he is made of the top stuff, always honest & thoughtful but also game for a laugh (when he is ready)!
Rio

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Brap brap!

Vida - my man
Rio
Love Rio

Love Vida

Tough to find a player I like at United these days

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:49 PM
saffers

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:53 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Brap brap!

Vida - my man
Rio
nice.

now that rio is retired though, i wouldn't be that upset if someone clocked him across the knees full force with a crowbar for all the exclamation marks.

!

Unread 29-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Sparky***

And now we have Jones, Smalling and Blind.

God help us.
Closed Thread