Just her and Jem then...
true that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Retired earlier this year
and?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not at united but essien at his peak was a similar type of player, de rossi too, not the quality of keane but similar types.

you're right, though, they're few and far between these days. what i'd give for one at united, a keane or a robbo dominating the pitch. depressing thinking about it tbh.
it was asking a bit much for a keane to replace robbo*. to ask for someone to replace keane is a bit greedy.

a fit hargreaves would have been nice.

football is a bit shit at the moment. people say messi is a genius. well... compared some of the shite that is out there, he is.

* for the sake of argument. clearly, keane was a shadow of robson.

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
true that.

and?

it was asking a bit much for a keane to replace robbo*. to ask for someone to replace keane is a bit greedy.

a fit hargreaves would have been nice.

football is a bit shit at the moment. people say messi is a genius. well... compared some of the shite that is out there, he is.

* for the sake of argument. clearly, keane was a shadow of robson.
and to think we had Ince in and amongst the mix at one point too

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Signor Whippy

£#%&!ing love seba do I

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:26 PM
red in cumbria

Bet all you Seba-lovers wanted to throttle him after he gave THAT ball away at home to Boro, mind

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Signor Whippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Bet all you Seba-lovers wanted to throttle him after he gave THAT ball away at home to Boro, mind
Haha He couldn't do a thing wrong in my eyes :swoon:

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:32 PM
Spiffy

Robbo, legend on the pitch and off it. Never been a rent a quote, never come across as bitter. One of our truly great captains.

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

forward, accurate, incisive passing

A lovely player to watch. Would walk into this current team of £#%&!ing wasters.

Right player wrong time.

Unread 06-12-2012, 11:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Can't get my head around it.
I thought the only kind of passes a midfield player could make were dinked balls out to the right touchline & unconvincing through balls where after you've played it you stand still rather than move forward to get involved further up the pitch.

When push comes to shove Veron did 'flop' at United - however much I liked him as a player.
However, what we wouldn't give for that kind of 'flop' now. An athletic, attack minded midfielder with a great Freekick & decent shots from distance

Unread 07-12-2012, 12:58 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This... La Bruhita was a pain in the shitter

Unread 07-12-2012, 01:02 AM
Sparky***

Unread 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM
Chorlton74

didn't read page one then?

Unread 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM
Ashley's Grime

He was completely unneeded and was a £#%&!ing @#%&! everytime we played at Shitty or Anfield.

Unread 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
didn't read page one then?
nope

Unread 07-12-2012, 05:06 AM
utd99

Robson was a true captain. Gee'd the other's up, but led by example and was almost universally admired.

Keane was, and continues to be, a petty, nasty bastard. Great player though.

Unread 07-12-2012, 08:52 AM
n48

Thumbs up

One of the greats to wear the shirt. A special talent. Keane ruined his confidence.

Unread 07-12-2012, 08:58 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
thats why hes a £#%&!ing winner.......

veron was a girlie @#%&!
There's a shock, Lawless didn't rate Veron.

Proper "get stuck into 'em!!!" guy aren't you, Denis?

Unread 07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not at united but essien at his peak was a similar type of player, de rossi too, not the quality of keane but similar types.

you're right, though, they're few and far between these days. what i'd give for one at united, a keane or a robbo dominating the pitch. depressing thinking about it tbh.
Pogba has all these qualities. A @#%&! too. Could have been our @#%&!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

A lovely player to watch. Would walk into this current team of £#%&!ing wasters.

Right player wrong time.
off the ball movement of giggs in that move Compare that to current giggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Can't get my head around it.
I thought the only kind of passes a midfield player could make were dinked balls out to the right touchline & unconvincing through balls where after you've played it you stand still rather than move forward to get involved further up the pitch.

When push comes to shove Veron did 'flop' at United - however much I liked him as a player.
However, what we wouldn't give for that kind of 'flop' now. An athletic, attack minded midfielder with a great Freekick & decent shots from distance
Its crazy to think we used to moan about butt, neville and veron in midfield Now our midfield options are
crab, 38 year old scholes, 39 year old giggs, brand, fatty, fletcher running on a treadmill, Mr.Gurns and Powell
All those 3 player would walk straight into our midfield now

Unread 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
There's a shock, Lawless didn't rate Veron.

Proper "get stuck into 'em!!!" guy aren't you, Denis?
yeah...what am i thinking ?

this is much more preferable

Unread 07-12-2012, 09:12 AM
rafabio

Veron's best passes for united

Unread 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Closed Thread