United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2012, 05:55 PM
thatsfuctit

Default Veron 'my wife cried when we left Manchester'

Former Manchester United star Juan Sebastian Veron has revealed that his wife cried when he left the club to join Chelsea. In a question and answers session with FourFourTwo the 37 year old said that it was a great mistake to leave Manchester United and he wished that it he had thought it through more at the time before deciding to move to London.

there's more

Unread 06-12-2012, 05:58 PM
dunk

Just her and Jem then...

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:00 PM
Spiffy

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:00 PM
thatsfuctit

sounds like a come and get me plea tbf

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
sounds like a come and get me plea tbf
Would do it as well.

How good was that the day he signed?

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
andyroo

Top red

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

did someone wipe shit on her in the pub?

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:08 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Obviously never quite happened for him ...but always rated him.
Remember a goal away at Derby that should have won us the League if we hadn't conceded a late equaliser

This is a nice goal.
It seems otherworldly to see a midfield player showing a turn of pace & getting beyond the strikers.

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
did someone wipe shit on her in the pub?

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Top red
They £#%&!ing love a good biffer in Argentina don't they?

Unread 06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
This is a nice goal.
It seems otherworldly to see a midfield player showing a turn of pace & getting beyond the strikers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq45JA5Ikpk
Beckham, Veron, Scholes, Giggs (not the old, shit version) and Keane all in the same side ffs

He had worldy against Everton at OT in his debut season, looked the best player on the planet that day. Shame it all went a bit 'Berbatov' for him

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Beckham, Veron, Scholes, Giggs (not the old, shit version) and Keane all in the same side ffs

He had worldy against Everton at OT in his debut season, looked the best player on the planet that day. Shame it all went a bit 'Berbatov' for him
Would be so suited to the style of football his arrival started the movement towards. Right player, wrong time. Think he spent a bit too long in Italy to come here, after so many years of slower more technical play some players just can't seem to get their head back in to it. If he would have come straight from Argentina to us he'd have been a proper £#%&!ing club legend. Him, Scholes and Keane in a 3. That would have been lovely.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Sparky***

watched him on his pl debut against fulham at OT. sat in the north stand had a great view of watching his movement and passing which was on another level. rolls royce of a player.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Shame it all went a bit 'Berbatov' for him
True.
He'd £#%&!ing walk into our current side ..even as he is now (I don't know if he's still alive/playing/managing)

Those first few post-treble years had some great European Football imo (2000/01 aside which was poor) ..loved the Ruud, Veron, Ole, Beckham, Keano, Scholesy era against the likes of Juve, Real, Deportivo
Should have won the £#%&!er during that time.
Lots of disappointing nights ultimately but at least the Football was good & we stood toe to toe with teams.

It's a £#%&!ing chore now..a £#%&!ing bore.

Still love the European Cup more than anything but we're simply not realistic contenders any more (it's not in our dna to fluke it like the dippers/Chelsea with a bad side)

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
True.
He'd £#%&!ing walk into our current side ..even as he is now (I don't know if he's still alive/playing/managing)
Retired earlier this year

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Retired earlier this year
Even if he'd passed on I'd still pick him on Sunday ahead of a few other options we have available.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:38 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Still love the European Cup more than anything but we're simply not realistic contenders any more (it's not in our dna to fluke it like the dippers/Chelsea with a bad side)
£#%&!ing love it pal, the pinnacle of club football.

The 0-2 win in La Coruna was awesome. This was in the 'Super Depor' era too, they had a fabulous team at the time. Beat us earlier in the group stages iirc. Magnificent result. The only knockout contest we won after the '99 win up until 2007

The games against Real Madrid in 2003 were something else. I know we got a bit of a hiding, but the build up, hype and expectation before either game were incredible. The quality of the football was about as good as I've ever seen too. A truly epic contest between two great clubs and teams.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Beat us earlier in the group stages iirc.
They beat us home & away didn't they? ..remember losing 2-3 to them at Old Trafford (Ruud scored a great goal) ..remember Scholesy scored a screamer in the away game but they got 2 late goals to nick it.

Barthez was a weak link during those years for me. If we'd got Eddy baby on board 3 or 4 years sooner we'd have got to another Final. nqat.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:43 PM
believe

Ferguson in not knowing what to do with an established world class player shocker.

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Hernadezred

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Former Manchester United star Juan Sebastian Veron has revealed that his wife cried when he left the club to join Chelsea. In a question and answers session with FourFourTwo the 37 year old said that it was a great mistake to leave Manchester United and he wished that it he had thought it through more at the time before deciding to move to London.

there's more
Tears of joy probably.
Closed Thread