United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:51 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
anybody who still goes to OT has no right to slag off the glazers. you should have left in 2005. it's your fault they are still here.
uh oh

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
anybody who still goes to OT has no right to slag off the glazers. you should have left in 2005. it's your fault they are still here.
Please don't tell me you believe that Duckers...i'm hardly the toppest red on here but the glazers would not stop me going to OT and there is no proof that dwindling crowds would make them leave either.
Its a shit argument that causes unnecessary conflict between united fans.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Please don't tell me you believe that Duckers...i'm hardly the toppest red on here but the glazers would not stop me going to OT and there is no proof that dwindling crowds would make them leave either.
...and as we know, there seems to be a bottomless pit of soccer a.m. types to fill the ground anyway.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:56 AM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
ah yes, good point, but at the same time, record crowds and gate receipts and the tills ringing in the megastore are hardly putting the point across that the fans aren't happy is it?

it's a catch 22, i admit, but money is the only language they talk...

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Well, they have won us 4 leagues & a European cup...
In that case they must be to blame for the shit tactics too. Glaiziers out

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Jack Duckworth

i appreciate it's a hard decision to decide to stop going; i know because i gave up the book i had had since 1990.

but surely you can see it's illogical to complain about the glazers when you are helping them service the debt you are complaining they have saddled the club with? you can't have it both ways.

Unread 02-05-2012, 09:58 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
ah yes, good point, but at the same time, record crowds and gate receipts and the tills ringing in the megastore are hardly putting the point across that the fans aren't happy is it?

it's a catch 22, i admit, but money is the only language they talk...
As Stax has said if the real fans walk away their places will be taken by more people willing to spend money at OT every game.
Regardless of that, you can't blame the glazers still being here on lads who want to watch "their" team every week.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
but surely you can see it's illogical to complain about the glazers when you are helping them service the debt you are complaining they have saddled the club with? you can't have it both ways.
A third of United's revenues come from ticket sales. Another third from tv contracts. Going by your logic, if you're paying for Sky or cable tv (or even watching in the pub), you're no different to the punters turning up at OT.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Well, despite them, Fergie has won us 4 leagues & a European cup...
Fixed it for you.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Ginners

its funny how the glazers only really get mentioned when we're losing.

would there have been a thread on them if we'd beaten city?

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
A third of United's revenues come from ticket sales. Another third from tv contracts. Going by your logic, if you're paying for Sky or cable tv (or even watching in the pub), you're no different to the punters turning up at OT.
that's a bit of a stretch. it would have created more of a panic in the boardroom if thousands of people didn't renew in 2005, not to mention the knock on effect it would have had in terms of sponsorship, other match day revenue streams etc.

i watch united on illegal streams anyway.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners

true.

most people don't care as long as the club are winning, but they're usually the first ones to moan that the midfield is shit etc.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Nothing's changed pal

Saying all that, it wasn't the Glazers idea to £#%&! away what money we had in the summer on Jones and £#%&!ing Young. The team was hardly crying out for another winger ffs.

I think that at the begining of the season Fergie thought he had the services of ,

Carrick,
Anderson,
Cleverly,
Fletcher,
Giggs (for a limited number of matches)

+ possibly

Pogba
Morrison

As central midfielders, thus didn't see the need to invest in that area. I'm not sure that any of us would have predicted that Anderson, Cleverly and Fletcher would all be not available for most of the season and that Morrison and Pogba would have their own problems.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:18 AM
MUFC One Love

Anyone who believes our squad would be the same now, if the Glazer hadn't taken over needs to give their head a wobble.

Our 08 team has gone and the players never replaced.

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
most people don't care as long as the club are winning, but they're usually the first ones to moan that the midfield is shit etc.
Did you give the Glazers much thought when you were at the 2009 European Cup final?

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Anyone who believes our squad would be the same now, if the Glazer hadn't taken over needs to give their head a wobble.

Our 08 team has gone and the players never replaced.
ronaldo-rooney-tevez

Unread 02-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Sloane

they are a problem, but it's ridiculous to just complain about them when it suits. no point going over old arguments again between each other

Withers

Quote:
It's a fair point, however Sky have 10 million customers and United have 76000seats.

Boycotting one would have a far bigger impact than boycotting the other.

PS- Scholesy sticking up for the match going red.

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Did you give the Glazers much thought when you were at the 2009 European Cup final?
none at all. why do you ask? i went to a lot of away games after 2005. are you really trying to equate that to renewing a season ticket every year and then moaning about the debt?