Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:29 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Don't forget the DOF*

*Death Of Fletcher
Yep, forgot about that one (although I blame the Club in this case. They knew about Fletcher's condition & should have acted accordingly in the Transfer Market)

Carrick & Park have had spells out too.
Pea was wrecked by another crass tackle from behind a Stoke...& did his ankle at Villa Park.

Never known anything like it tbh

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Barca being a great team has nothing to do with Carrick's game falling to pieces when he gets aggressively pressed.
If that is the case, our host could have chosen a better example than how he performed against the best side in the world - against whom most people would struggle, not just Carrick.

That was all I was saying really

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:37 PM
armchair

I don't even know what point you are trying to make.

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:38 PM
red in cumbria

Forget it

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
If that is the case, our host could have chosen a better example than how he performed against the best side in the world - against whom most people would struggle, not just Carrick.
It's a very good example. Can't think of a better one, in fact.

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
It's a very good example. Can't think of a better one, in fact.
So it is down to Carrick's rubbishness rather than Barca's excellence?? OK, then.....

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:48 PM
armchair

Never said he was rubbish. All I said is he needs time and space. A lot of players do. He's a great passer when he has a bit of either.

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:48 PM
taff

cleverley is better at one-touch/two-touch passing, carrick tends to take a moment and then pick a pass. nowt wrong with either, but it's why carrick does better sat deep whereas cleverley is more use in the thick of it.

Unread 26-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Never said he was rubbish. All I said is he needs time and space. A lot of players do. He's a great passer when he has a bit of either.

Unread 27-01-2012, 12:02 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Go on then top red, explain how Carrick is great receiving the ball with no time or space. Maybe show a few examples from his master classes v barca.
That is the shittest example you could have come up with. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Hate to break this to you, armers - but Barcelona are actually, you know, quite good and all that

He was one of our better players at Wembley, anyway.
Though this matters not to some myopic @#%&!s on here.

Carrick was the reason we won the league '07-'09. He had a shit season in '10. Guess what happened?

When he hasn't got the ball, he is invariably in space offering to receive it, knowing where he's going to play it before he gets it. He gets closed down because of his ability to move the ball quickly and effectively when he has a yard of room.

He shouldn't be getting the ball if he hasn't got time and space anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I'd like to know what a 'bake' is before I get my internet pitch fork out.
From urban dictionary:
A person with very little intelligence who will try and force their ill informed point of view on everybody else
'Juan veron is rubish'

'Fack off you bake'

Spot on IMO.

Unread 27-01-2012, 12:04 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
He shouldn't be getting the ball if he hasn't got time and space anyway

Unread 27-01-2012, 12:12 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Carrick was the reason we won the league '07-'09.

Unread 27-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

Forget yer Ronaldo's yer Rooney's and @#%&!-necks! It was all the work of the geordie mouth-breather

Unread 27-01-2012, 01:22 AM
red in cumbria

I do think he was getting a bit carried away there, tbh

Unread 27-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Carrick was the reason we won the league '07-'09. He had a shit season in '10. Guess what happened?

Unread 30-01-2012, 12:06 PM
armchair

Only another two weeks to go

“I expect Ashley to start training in the middle of the week, so he’s on his way back,” said Ferguson. “Cleverley is two weeks behind that. Anderson will be ready this week, too. “He’ll start training with us on Monday or Tuesday and then it gives me a collection of midfield players that should cope with anything that happens in the run-in.”

Read more at: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereven...l-push?rss=yes

Unread 30-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Zorg

Unread 30-01-2012, 12:13 PM
PaulParkers

Paul Barer outside our treatment room....

Unread 30-01-2012, 12:14 PM
dunk

So, no midfielders or Young until March then

There are so few games left, Scholes and Giggs will probably be able to play in them all

Unread 30-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Closed Thread