United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:13 PM
stax

Default David Gill interview Radio 5 Live...

..tomorrow morning

I expect he'll say that Utd are being run in line with normal business practice, that Ferguson can spend the Ronaldo money if he wants and that, while respecting the fans' worries, they should shut the £#%&! up (though not in those exact words).

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: David Gill interview Radio 5 Live...

Either that or he's announcing the signings of Agueruo and Villa.

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:40 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
... I somehow doubt it

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
downpayment to be completed at the end of the season only to be told they're not quite good enough

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:50 PM
plopborsky

there is no value in the market

Unread 30-01-2010, 09:55 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
..tomorrow morning

I expect he'll say that Utd are being run in line with normal business practice, that Ferguson can spend the Ronaldo money if he wants and that, while respecting the fans' worries, they should shut the £#%&! up (though not in those exact words).
Yep thats a good summing up of what he'll come out with.

It's called toeing the party line, Thats what he gets paid all that wedge for.

Unread 30-01-2010, 10:22 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
Yep thats a good summing up of what he'll come out with.

It's called toeing the party line, Thats what he gets paid all that wedge for.
of course in my likkle parallel universe, he'll say he was misled by the Glazers, that they are evil parasites, have dragged Utd into the financial gutter and that he is offering his resignation in the morning. He will end the interview with the words Love Utd, hate Glazer....bye

Unread 30-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Alan

He will say anything for money, the same as ferguson and neville. All @#%&!s.

Unread 30-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Unread 30-01-2010, 10:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 30-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Crumps

Alan is a rubbish name.

Unread 30-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Alan is a rubbish name.
lol

Unread 30-01-2010, 11:55 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Spot on

And alan is a £#%&!ing shit name indeed

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:42 AM
TaylorMUFC

Quote:
..tomorrow morning

Or....... if the customers of the company you were working for had an issue, would you quit if it didnt affect you?

David Gill does a £#%&!ing good job for the club. If you dont think he does who should take over?

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:13 AM
TheNew

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/mobile/...td/8489038.stm

that's us told, isn't it? Cancel all action. The club is in capable hands.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:30 AM
koppas

Quote:
..tomorrow morning

You were pretty much spot on mate.

Quote:
Striker Wayne Rooney is not for sale at any price, Manchester United chief executive David Gill told BBC Sport.

Rooney is in brilliant form with 21 goals this season which could trigger an offer from Europe, with Barcelona and Real Madrid said to be interested.

But Gill said: "Unless Alex agreed to it, we would not accept an offer, regardless of the value, for a player we want to keep."

Gill said they had a 35m Euro bid for France striker Karim Benzema refused.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had been tracking the talented 22-year-old for months but saw his offer rejected by Lyon, who accepted a 41m Euro bid by Spanish giants Real Madrid in July 2009.

"We didn't get Benzema but we did offer 35m Euros," said Gill.

If I went to (joint board chairman) Joel Glazer and said 'Alex wants a particular player, can we have the money?' The answer would be an unequivocal yes

"It was just one phone call to the States saying we would like to make an offer for him 35m Euros and they said 'fine'. We did it, but he went to Real for something like over 40m Euros.

"But Alex has gone on record saying that was too much."

Gill also alleviated fears that United's owners, the Glazer family, would sell Old Trafford or the club's Carrington training ground.

A prospectus *circulated to potential investors prior to the club's £504m bond issue last week suggested Carrington could be sold to a holding company controlled by the Glazer family and leased back to the club.

But Gill said: "I am 100% convinced that will never happen under Glazer family ownership. The sale and leaseback opportunity within the bond document is done for financial and tax planning. Manchester United Limited continue to have complete control of Carrington."

The bond issue allowed the club to pay off nearly all their outstanding bank debts of £509m, although the debts of the club's parent firm, Red Football Joint Venture, rose to £716.5m in the year to June 2009.

While the club now faces an annual interest bill of £45m a year, Gill said the club has no financial reasons to sell their prized assets, including Rooney, who is enjoying his best form for United since his £25m move from Everton in 2004.

"Wayne has a contract through until 2012," said Gill. "He has gone on record to say he wants to stay and we want him to stay.
Sir Alex Ferguson and club chief executive David Gill
Gill (right) said Ferguson has plenty of funds available

"I'm sure that will be addressed in the close season. We hope that would be the case as we want to put him on a new, long-term contract. He's 24 and got the best years of his life ahead of him.

"Very few players, particularly UK-based players, want to leave Manchester United."

Gill stressed that United's debts of £500m are a "misconception" because the club has about £140m in cash available, over half of which was generated by Cristiano Ronaldo's world record £80m transfer from United to Real Madrid last summer.

And he confirmed manager Sir Alex Ferguson can spend all £80m on new players, should he wish to expand the squad.

"I'm sure if he needed that money, it would be spent," said Gill, who oversaw the arrival of defender Chris Smalling from Fulham for about £7m on Thursday.

"If I went to (joint board chairman) Joel Glazer and said 'Alex wants a particular player, can we have the money?' The answer would be an unequivocal yes. They have demonstrated it (with Benzema).

"From my own personal perspective, we have no doubt that they (the Glazers) would support whatever we require.

"They will only get value back by ensuring the team continues to be successful, continues to attract exciting players and continues to produce results off the pitch.

"The Glazer family bought (American football team) the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1995 and 15 years later, they still own that - they are in it for the long-term."

While Gill reiterated the Glazers' commitment to the club, supporters are planning a 10-minute boycott of the Champions League last 16 match against AC Milan on 10 March in an attempt to raise awareness as they bid to force the American family out of Old Trafford.

Concerned by the £716m debt burdened by the Glazers, a number of fans plan to enter the ground 10 minutes after kick-off to expose empty seats at the ground with millions of people watching around the world.

But Gill believes any protest would be counterproductive on a night when United need their supporters most.

"I would appeal to the fans to be sensible and get behind the team," he added.

"We are a very well-run club and, given what's happening at other clubs, people should be proud of what's happening at Manchester United.

"It (the protest) serves no purpose and it won't change a thing. It will a tough game and we can't afford for the fans not to be there. Let's not have ridiculous protests of that nature, in my opinion."
What a @#%&!.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:36 AM
History

interesting that we had a 35 million euro bid for benzema turned down.

Always thought we didnt have the full Ronaldo money but we wernt scraping the barel skint either.

Unread 31-01-2010, 09:41 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
interesting that we had a 35 million euro bid for benzema turned down.

Always thought we didnt have the full Ronaldo money but we wernt scraping the barel skint either.
Are you taking the piss? I can't work it out.

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Flix

Quote:
"It was just one phone call to the States saying we would like to make an offer for him 35m Euros and they said 'fine as they don't accpt it'. We did it, but he went to Real for something like over 40m Euros

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorMUFC
Or....... if the customers of the company you were working for had an issue, would you quit if it didnt affect you?

David Gill does a £#%&!ing good job for the club. If you dont think he does who should take over?
That's not the point.

HTH
Closed Thread