United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:20 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I know what you meant, i was being facetious.

...and i totally agree fwiw

You jest but Out of City's 8 main sponsors, 4 of them are based in Abu Dhabi and have ties to the Al Nayhan ruling family.

Etihad Airways (owned by the royal family), The Abu Dhabi tourist board, Etisalat (an abu dhabi based telephone network) and Aabar an abu dhabi based investment firm..
Yeah I was only half joking tbf. There's no doubt they're using every loophole they can find to funnel their money into the club. These clubs they're buying up around the world will no doubt be used for something underhanded.

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Joel and Avi
Delighted for them tbh. They deserve this.

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:57 PM
sa7

Quote:
About Manchester United

Manchester United is one of the most popular and successful sports team in the world, playing one of the most popular spectator sports on Earth.

Through our 139-year heritage we have won 65 trophies, enabling us to develop the world’s leading sports brand and a global community of 659 million followers. Our large, passionate community provides Manchester United with a worldwide platform to generate significant revenue from multiple sources, including sponsorship, merchandising, product licensing, mobile & content, broadcasting and matchday.
If the bit in bold doesn't disgust you as a fan then there's something wrong with you

Unread 06-06-2017, 08:59 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
If the bit in bold doesn't disgust you as a fan then there's something wrong with you

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:00 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It does and I won't be happy until Doncaster Belles are our official womens team partner for South Yorkshire

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Red Al

Impressive

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
The financial dominance of a few clubs over the rest of Europe disgusts me.

Unread 06-06-2017, 11:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Damn, thats a lot of fans, if all of them chipped in 2 or 3 quid each we could take back control of the club from the Glazers.

Unread 07-06-2017, 12:57 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
ha

according to some stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!s the piks will kill us in 2017.

some people argued for years that that would happen. just wouldn't take being told they're wrong

wonder if they've accepted it yet?

Unread 07-06-2017, 01:17 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
ha

according to some stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!s the piks will kill us in 2017.

some people argued for years that that would happen. just wouldn't take being told they're wrong

wonder if they've accepted it yet?
as I recall, people argued that lumbering the club with debt that brought nothing to the club except a new name above the door was an unnecessary risk and a brake on finances - there is nothing the glazers have done that they could not have done without the debt. and the reason the club is rich is because the fans have paid for it all. you might as well say the nhs would be better funded if we charged every @#%&! for using it. but your head would explode if that happened.

as usual, your argument is partial and a misrepresentation. most people who were involved in the discussion will probably remember that you were a boring deluded @#%&! then and nothing has changed.

also, if you looked at the players we could have bought instead of trying to get 50 years out of scholes and giggs, we might have a few more trophies and we would certainly have seen better football. which is meant to be what it's about.

throb kissing up to corporate america. who would have thought it? shameful. although not in the least surprising.

throb.

Unread 07-06-2017, 08:32 AM
waynes ear's

andersred is £#%&!ing fuming at these latest financial reports

FUMING

Unread 07-06-2017, 08:35 AM
TheFatGoth

Just cancelled my vodafone contract

#fightfromwithin

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Marlon Van Baron

If the Glazers sold United tomorrow would they be legally bound to pay off the debt they loaded on to the club before taking any of the profit? Like a mortgage for example?

Or can they just sell the club in the current state with the loaded debt left behind to a buyer if they agreed to this and take all of the £2.5bn?

Gotta hand to the Glazers, they may look like gimps but they have been very shrewd and astute during their time at the club.

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:24 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
If the Glazers sold United tomorrow would they be legally bound to pay off the debt they loaded on to the club before taking any of the profit? Like a mortgage for example?

Or can they just sell the club in the current state with the loaded debt left behind to a buyer if they agreed to this and take all of the £2.5bn?

Gotta hand to the Glazers, they may look like gimps but they have been very shrewd and astute during their time at the club.
What do you reckon? Think which option benefits them the most and you normally won't go wrong. It's company debt now.

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:29 AM
jem

any company can be sold with debt, but the price paid takes it into account.

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:52 AM
believe

debt

Unread 07-06-2017, 11:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
debt
moyes.

Unread 07-06-2017, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
moyes.
Why, is he in massive debt? Hope so, tbh.

Unread 07-06-2017, 08:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Why, is he in massive debt? Hope so, tbh.
Hate to ruin your dreams but he's probs got more cash in his sock drawer than you earn in a year

Unread 07-06-2017, 08:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hate to ruin your dreams but he's probs got more cash in his sock drawer than you earn in a year
I do know that, alas. Set aside his possible windfall from Sunderland because he was minted already. The dour defeatist salt in his porridge every morning Jock @#%&!
Closed Thread