United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2022, 02:43 PM
AK14

Didn’t mind Berba at all

Great finisher and hold up play

If we had a player like him in the team now we’d be genuine title challengers imo.

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Didn’t mind Berba at all

Great finisher and hold up play

If we had a player like him in the team now we’d be genuine title challengers imo.
Well considering he was given that task with a much better team and failed I’m not sure how.

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:27 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Well considering he was given that task with a much better team and failed I’m not sure how.

I must have imagined this then.

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:39 PM
believe

Yeah that’s the season I’m talking about when we had to rely on him

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:42 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Yeah that’s the season I’m talking about when we had to rely on him
What!?

“Yeah, but did we RELY on him?”

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
What!?

“Yeah, but did we RELY on him?”
AK was saying he’d be the difference now and make us title challengers because he’d provide the goals we need presumably. I said he was asked to do this before and didn’t. It was pretty straightforward but I know things get a bit blurred when you only post to get some recognition from the gang.

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:48 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory Dave
Good god history can be kind to some.
Felt I gave an honest appraisal of him tbh

Unread 05-11-2022, 03:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
AK was saying he’d be the difference now and make us title challengers because he’d provide the goals we need presumably. I said he was asked to do this before and didn’t. It was pretty straightforward but I know things get a bit blurred when you only post to get some recognition from the gang.
What’s pretty straight forward is that Akkers said we’d be title challengers with him, you said he didn’t do that when actually he did.

What you’ve said since in response to your stupid post is where it gets blurry

Unread 05-11-2022, 05:23 PM
dunk

Top scorer when we won the League in 2011 wasn’t he? Maybe even PL top scorer..

Never my favourite player or fit for Untied from before he signed tbh, absolutely no question he’s up there with best feet I’ve seen though in terms of ability and touch.

Unread 05-11-2022, 05:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Top scorer when we won the League in 2011 wasn’t he? Maybe even PL top scorer..
Yep. We didn’t rely of any of those 20 league goals though.

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:35 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Yep. We didn’t rely of any of those 20 league goals though.
Aye. Wonderful to watch as he was, always felt like a luxury player. Think Fergie just didnt me feel he could trust or depend on him, eventually.

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:48 PM
believe

Unread 05-11-2022, 06:52 PM
AK14

Cool

Quote:

I must have imagined this then.
The Doc knows

Believe in the mud again.

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Top player, would walk into the current squad . Could regularly rely on his goals. The way he played probably wasn’t for some but he got results , even if he didn’t run around the pitch like a madman.

Exceptionally technically gifted. 94 goals in 229 premier league appearances . You can’t argue against him being a quality premier league striker

Unread 05-11-2022, 07:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Not sure if I should this post or not now

Unread 06-11-2022, 12:09 AM
Camel

Football

criminally underrated. a real marmite player, i suppose as to some he didn't put in the requisite effort - but do big cats charge around the savannah for prey? no they wait, then strike when the time is right. gazelle into the top corner of the onion bag.
Closed Thread