"Young players, be a voice, dont be lazy eyyyy, don't be, yeah, ruthless, huh"

:shakehead:

Telling Shelvey "You got all the tools, just stay on your feet"

Unread 25-09-2012, 07:26 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
What did you think it was?
I'll be honest, I never even gave a thought as to what it would be like, but I suppose I expected a fly on the wall job, no holds barred type of thing

Unread 25-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Switching Off

"This game sets the tone of our season. Work hard, do your best, and the result of all that will be a win."

Toronto 1 - 1 Liverpool

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:00 PM
DuanePipe

Brendan is very fond of putting his hands on the faces of the young men under his tutorledge. Personally, I'm very (VERY) uncomfortable around overly tactile folk. Probably as a result of being raised by feral dogs. Our response to being touched by strangers is to kick them in the balls/bite them on the fingers. At Euro-Disney one year, 'Launchpad' a character from the popular cartoon 'Ducktails' approached me from behind and laid one of his over-sized non-webbed hands on my shoulder, so I naturally popped him one and ran away. Lord knows how I'd handle Brendan and his busy hands. Apart from that, his effected way of talking and the fact that he really, really tries to make his words resonate in a Churchillian fashion, I find it hard to hate him too much.

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Brendan is very fond of putting his hands on the faces of the young men under his tutorledge. Personally, I'm very (VERY) uncomfortable around overly tactile folk. Probably as a result of being raised by feral dogs. Our response to being touched by strangers is to kick them in the balls/bite them on the fingers. At Euro-Disney one year, 'Launchpad' a character from the popular cartoon 'Ducktails' approached me from behind and laid one of his over-sized non-webbed hands on my shoulder, so I naturally popped him one and ran away. Lord knows how I'd handle Brendan and his busy hands. Apart from that, his effected way of talking and the fact that he really, really tries to make his words resonate in a Churchillian fashion, I find it hard to hate him too much.

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:12 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Disney characters innit. They walk around the amusement parks thinking they can touch any kids willy nilly. Not a euphemism.

I'd had a run in earlier that day with a French boy, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, wearing a seriously cool leather jacket and had 3 girls hanging off him. We did that thing where you try to let the other person pass but end up basically mirroring each other accidentally. He throws his hands up and apologetically saying ''Pardon''. Pardon? WTF does that mean, I don't speak French. I say sorry, he says pardon but as I'm unable to accept his French apologies he decides I've insulted him. Starts getting all Gallic on me, blathering on with his vowels and hand gestures, so I walk off.

Few minutes later, big hand on the shoulder and I'm thinking shit, the mini Vercingetorix has come for me. So pop, have that. I run off a few yards and there's this big duck with a leather jacket on stood behind me.

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:37 PM
borsuk

looks like getting a job at a slowly rotting mid-table side has confirmed everything brendan rodgers ever thought about brendan rodgers, and minor things like being in the bottom three, having two points from 5 games and a goal difference of -6 aren't going to distract him. not so much believing his own publicity as being his own publicity in a desperately needy way.

i think the david brent comparison is a way off tbh. he's more what gareth would be if he got promoted to brent's job.

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:43 PM
andyroo

Love Big Duaners tbh.

Unread 25-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Macca1990

"You young kids watch too much tv, stay on your feet"

- Brenton

Unread 25-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Terry Silver

"It's working on our intensity with and without the ball. And if you do that we will KILL teams this year, absolutely kill teams..."

Unread 25-09-2012, 03:56 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
"It's working on our intensity with and without the ball. And if you do that we will KILL teams this year, absolutely kill teams..."

Custom designed for our needs. Any chance of getting him as #2?

Unread 25-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
looks like getting a job at a slowly rotting mid-table side has confirmed everything brendan rodgers ever thought about brendan rodgers, and minor things like being in the bottom three, having two points from 5 games and a goal difference of -6 aren't going to distract him. not so much believing his own publicity as being his own publicity in a desperately needy way.

i think the david brent comparison is a way off tbh. he's more what gareth would be if he got promoted to brent's job.
Couldnt even get new manager syndrome right. How do you £#%&! that up?

Unread 25-09-2012, 04:34 PM
Switching Off

"Hundreds of Liverpool fans awaiting their club the only way they know how: without any mercy for their surroundings"

Who writes this £#%&!ing shit?

Unread 25-09-2012, 04:35 PM
nick henry

Brilliant stuff

https://twitter.com/KingBrennyBrent

Quote:
I can name everyone here at Liverpool Football Club. Even Doris who brings me shortbread. She's part of the team. She could play up front.
Quote:
I like to coach. I feel the vibe out there on the field. I like to breathe in John Flanagan's musk; it makes me realise how far I've come.

Unread 25-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Prideofalleurope

Unread 25-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Disney characters innit. They walk around the amusement parks thinking they can touch any kids willy nilly. Not a euphemism.

I'd had a run in earlier that day with a French boy, couldn't have been more than 12 years old, wearing a seriously cool leather jacket and had 3 girls hanging off him. We did that thing where you try to let the other person pass but end up basically mirroring each other accidentally. He throws his hands up and apologetically saying ''Pardon''. Pardon? WTF does that mean, I don't speak French. I say sorry, he says pardon but as I'm unable to accept his French apologies he decides I've insulted him. Starts getting all Gallic on me, blathering on with his vowels and hand gestures, so I walk off.

Few minutes later, big hand on the shoulder and I'm thinking shit, the mini Vercingetorix has come for me. So pop, have that. I run off a few yards and there's this big duck with a leather jacket on stood behind me.
it's like a jungle that place.

Unread 26-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Switching Off

Put a 16 year old on the bench tonight. Good strategy. Just keep playing kids and they all think he's a genius.

Unread 27-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Signor Whippy

Just tried to type B-Rod on you know where and it changes to Brendan Rogers

Unread 27-09-2012, 02:14 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Brendan really is a complete and utter £#%&!wit isn't he?

Moaning to the officials he aint getting the decisions now.

Unread 27-09-2012, 02:16 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Brendan really is a complete and utter £#%&!wit isn't he?

Moaning to the officials he aint getting the decisions now.
He got the Liverpool job. I'd say thats a hugely questionable decision in his favour.
Closed Thread