United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Got a horrible feeling the

Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien has pinpointed Manchester City as the biggest threat to their title hopes after the Blues defeated London rivals Arsenal 2-0 at Stamford Bridge yesterday.

'We have to keep playing like we did against Arsenal and keep getting points,' said Essien.

'We led for much of last season but last season is gone. We have a new season now and it will be decided at the end.

'Manchester City are our closest challengers right now. You can see they made good signings and they will be up for it. We will see what happens. I don't know if they will have the stamina but they have the players to go out and do the job.

'Maybe we have an advantage because we know what it takes to win the league but every season is different. We have to keep going.

'The rest of the teams are there and will be fighting for it. It is up to us to get as many points as we can.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz11PyrFjNN

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Zorg

With Essien's track record at predictions that's great news.

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
believe

Quote:

if anyone with any knowledge of the current game thinks city will be main challengers for the title they need their head examining.

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
forgot about that

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:37 PM
£#%&! KFC

ROBERTO MANCINI told Carlos Tevez 'go £#%&! your mother’ as the pair had to be pulled apart in an incredible dressing room bust-up at half-time in the 2-1 win over Newcastle.

The pair have clashed repeatedly since Mancini took over as manager and players had to jump in and seperate the Italiian and his club captain after their set to

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:40 PM
RedMenace

£#%&!ing hell Bobby Manc losing the plot already. Apparently he heard Tevez insulting him in Spanish in the middle of his half time team talk.

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
£#%&!ing hell Bobby Manc losing the plot already. Apparently he heard Tevez insulting him in Spanish in the middle of his half time team talk.
yeah that's what kicked it off....Mankini accused of them playing shit and Tevez said it was because of Mankini's tactics

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Coracao

Glad to see his English is improving.

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:53 PM
bruntyboy

Good to see in the MOTD2 analysis of the City penalty nobody used the time honoured phrase "Which direction did the ball go after the challenge"?

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:54 PM
wonky no

i hope this isn't like wiganste's horrible feeling that we'll sign owen

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:01 AM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i hope this isn't like wiganste's horrible feeling that we'll sign owen
Hopefully wiganste's got a horrible feeling that Owen will sign for City in the January transfer window.

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:29 AM
Serenity Now

They won't win it; they won't even be contenders. They have some excellent players, but they're not at the level of Chelsea, us or even Arsenal. Good shot at fourth, but Spurs have upgraded their squad from last season, so even that should be very close once again.

I don't think the way Mancini sets the team up makes the best use of the resources they have either, at least against the weaker sides. Far too little goal threat from the attacking trio - only Tevez has ever shown that he's capable of scoring regularly; Silva, for all his creativity and technical quality, has yet to demonstrate any consistency in this regard; and I don't buy Milner as a wing forward at all - and I don't see any real threat from their midfield either. Sure, Toure and Barry will grab the odd goal, but they're hardly Lampard type players, nor do they compensate for this with an ability to create (in fact, with his habitually taking far too long to release the ball, Barry appears to me to be an impediment to their attacking play).

If Mancini has a change in his philosophy and moves Silva or maybe Milner into the third midfield position (effectively switching to a 4-2-3-1), bringing Johnson or (providing Mancini can get him to perform) Balotelli into the team, then things look better for them in an attacking sense. Otherwise I can only see them carrying on as they've started - IE: being defensively solid and good at counter-attacking, but regularly finding it difficult to break down teams who sit back against them.

Even if Mancini does have a change of heart, though, and even if they go and make some big signings in January too, I still can't see them doing better than fourth.

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

doubt i'll have even seen city before the derby tbh so don't really have an opinion on how they might do. i imagine they'll be no different to last season though. last time i saw them was actually in real life against villa and they were £#%&!ing £#%&! even though they won

roll on November 10th

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Coracao

Saw them on fifa about 10 minutes ago. Might watch them in real life next time they play.

Unread 05-10-2010, 12:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

i imagine in your head that sounded clever

Unread 05-10-2010, 01:08 AM
MagnificentSeven

so...if spurs get 4th again instead of the massives, and with the fair play rules coming in soon, does this mean they could well be £#%&!ed?

Unread 05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i imagine in your head that sounded clever

Unread 05-10-2010, 01:28 AM
M-13

I think Mancini has problems.

Imagine Tevez undermining Fergie ?

I'd love to know how they communicate ? unless Mancini speaks BA slang they is £#%&!ed, cos Tev dont speak English, and I hear his Spanish is poor too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Eastlands.html

Unread 05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
doubt i'll have even seen city before the derby tbh so don't really have an opinion on how they might do. i imagine they'll be no different to last season though. last time i saw them was actually in real life against villa and they were £#%&!ing £#%&! even though they won

roll on November 10th

YouTube - Manchester United 5 - 0 Manchester City 0
Kanchelskis' finishing was shite that night tbf
Closed Thread