United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:15 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I disagree.

Really really want us to win the Europa as that's the only pot we've not won bar the World Cup, European Championships and Ashes.
I agree about winning the Europa, that's why I said the European trophies matter.

The Super cups and World club cups are meaningless to me. Haven't got a clue who we played in any of those 'cups' and didn't watch them at the time. They are just International versions of the Charity shield.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:24 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
I agree about winning the Europa, that's why I said the European trophies matter.

The Super cups and World club cups are meaningless to me. Haven't got a clue who we played in any of those 'cups' and didn't watch them at the time. They are just International versions of the Charity shield.
Charity Shield can have you playing against whoever finished runners up in the league and is just the final friendly game of pre season. Playing European Trophy winners and finishing as the best of all the continental winners in the world is a different kettle of fish. Seeing how other big teams treat it and the winners having it on their kits shows how it s viewed. Don't think Ive ever not watched us on a game that was televised bar being in hospital or holiday. You awful bloody red you.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:33 AM
jem

Quote:
Charity Shield can have you playing against whoever finished runners up in the league and is just the final friendly game of pre season. Playing European Trophy winners and finishing as the best of all the continental winners in the world is a different kettle of fish. Seeing how other big teams treat it and the winners having it on their kits shows how it s viewed. Don't think Ive ever not watched us on a game that was televised bar being in hospital or holiday. You awful bloody r d you.
this, almost. the charity shield is a pre-season friendly and the super cup isn't much better; the intercontinental/world club things pit you against notionally the best the rest of the world has to offer - teams you can't otherwise play in competitive games.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:38 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this, almost. the charity shield is a pre-season friendly and the super cup isn't much better; the intercontinental/world club things pit you against notionally the best the rest of the world has to offer - teams you can't otherwise play in competitive games.
I'll concede a little bit on th European Super Cup on reflection.

Bloody love trophies me.

Although winning the Europa this season and ESC next would be a belting achievement.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:40 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Charity Shield can have you playing against whoever finished runners up in the league and is just the final friendly game of pre season. Playing European Trophy winners and finishing as the best of all the continental winners in the world is a different kettle of fish. Seeing how other big teams treat it and the winners having it on their kits shows how it s viewed. Don't think Ive ever not watched us on a game that was televised bar being in hospital or holiday. You awful bloody r d you.
Respectfully, I disagree. A competition that requires you to win another competition to gain access to is just exhibition stuff. A friendly if you will.

Having shit on kits is not a way to judge anything

Unread 27-02-2017, 03:34 AM
waynes ear's

Lads.

Shut the £#%&! up about Liverpool. Enjoy this win. Enjoy the piss boiling.

United

Unread 27-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Tumescent Throb

should change the name of the charity shield tbh

these days it's treated much more seriously, probs cus of the foreigners who rate their own versions more on the continent.

you can't start counting all the old shields as trophies tho - one year we won it beating newcastle at home halfway through the season watched by 11,000 people ffs.

Unread 27-02-2017, 08:24 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
should change the name of the charity shield tbh
They have done

Unread 27-02-2017, 08:57 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
They have done

Unread 27-02-2017, 09:12 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Lads.

Shut the £#%&! up about Liverpool. Enjoy this win. Enjoy the piss boiling.

United

Unread 27-02-2017, 10:50 AM
Part 36 Offer

That ward-prowse looks a player.

Unread 27-02-2017, 10:53 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
That ward-prowse looks a player.
He looked good at the start of last season and then sort of trailed off a bit. Seems to have rediscovered a bit of form. They've got some good players in there. Gabbadini, Redmond, old Dick van Dyke.

Can't help but admire the way they always seem to respond well to having their squad ripped up and and their managers taken

At the same time, £#%&! 'em!

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:
They have done

Only a matter of time before they change it to the 'Shield of Glory', imo.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
They have done
ffs

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
They have done
delighted to hear this

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:32 AM
dragflick

Quote:
They have done

Tbf it's only been called the community shield since 2002.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Tbf it's only been called the community shield since 2002.
by idiots maybe.

Unread 27-02-2017, 11:54 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
by idiots maybe.

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Respectfully, I disagree. A competition that requires you to win another competition to gain access to is just exhibition stuff. A friendly if you will.

Having shit on kits is not a way to judge anything
Guess we can discount our cup winners cup win then

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Guess we can discount our cup winners cup win then
and the european cups.
Closed Thread