United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:09 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
The winner came from their corner too. They over-commited. That's a simple mistake and they were punished. They were caught on the counter for the second. They made errors on all three goals.

Overall, they were more cohesive, but that doesn't mean you can't scrutinise errors. Especially ones that are key.

Gabbadini looked £#%&!ed tbf. Good player though. The prematch concerns were valid.
Did warn the boss tbf but he still picked Smalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Gabbiadini's 2nd goal today, woof

Better watch out for that guy in the cup final, absolute killer so far

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:17 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Great day. Everybody fuming.
I'm watching the highlights.

I forgot about Southampton's offside goal about 2 mins after it happened. Obviously it has deeply scarred Martin Tyler and Matthew Le Tissier who i can only imagine are comforting each other in the hotel tonight.

Southampton's last game was on the 11th February. Two weeks for them to prepare and train, not to mention the games they basically threw away, like the Arsenal fa cup game where they got trounced 5-0 whilst putting out the reserves.

They played out of their skins for the first 75 mins, a level of performance which if they maintained that for the whole season, would probably see them finish in the top 6. As it is they've spent a fortnight relentlessly focused on that one game and came out like men possessed and fair play they played very well for 75 mins.

They were also fortunate not to have at least one man sent off. That Romeu got away with a couple of absolute shockers on Ander Herrera and most of their players seemed to spend the game trying to be as niggly and irritating as possible.

Whilst it was annoying to throw away a 2-0 lead, it's always lovely to come back and destroy a team's dream at the death and watch their supporters trudge home crying about an offside goal that was debatable at best whether or not it should have stood. When that ball was struck towards goal, Redmond was stood a yard offside, the lino put his flag up. Shit happens.

The Sky brigade obviously turned up hoping for a Southampton win and all the juicy hysteria that would go along with it, being able to stick the boot into United as well is always a bonus. That didn't happen. Everybody cried.

Shame.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:21 AM
innit

Manchester United

20 league titles

3 European Cups

12 FA Cups

5 League Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

2 World club/intercontinental cups

1 Super cup

21 Charity/Community shields

GRAND TOTAL 65 TROPHIES

Vermin

18 league titles

5 European Cups

7 FA Cups

8 League Cups

3 UEFA Cup/Europa Leagues

3 Super cups

15 Charity/Community shields

GRAND TOTAL 59 TROPHIES

£#%&! off Vermin, Manchester United are England's most decorated club.

Just thought I would type all that out

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:24 AM
red in cumbria

You can't count the Shields, you just can't. Sorry.

Even without them, we have still drawn level on the stricter or your more expansive definition.

Going ahead soon, and staying there?

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:25 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by innit
Manchester United

20 league titles

3 European Cups

12 FA Cups

5 League Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

1 Super cup

GRAND TOTAL 65 TROPHIES

Vermin

18 league titles

5 European Cups

7 FA Cups

8 League Cups

3 Super cups

GRAND TOTAL 59 TROPHIES

We only had 14 trophies when sir furg took over....

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
That was a magnificent piss take.

Ibra was fantastic today btw. He tortured their entire back 4 all game.
What was the piss take, did Southampton fans do it?

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:30 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Seems like just me and you on this one riccers. Absolute joke people count it

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
What was the piss take, did Southampton fans do it?
yeah, after they scored the 2nd they all got their phones out and turned the flashes on..

We responded with "what the £#%&!ing hell is that?"

Then after Zlatan scored we did the same thing. BANTZ

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
yeah, after they scored the 2nd they all got their phones out and turned the flashes on..

not bad. Approved

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:34 AM
Kaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Even without them, we have still drawn level on the stricter or your more expansive definition.

Going ahead soon, and staying there?
Super Cups shouldn't count either.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:37 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

First time I've heard my son use the expression" have this you @#%&!s "

I'm so proud.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:38 AM
innit

Quote:
Manchester United

20 league titles

3 European Cups

12 FA Cups

5 League Cups

1 Cup Winners Cup

1 Super cup

GRAND TOTAL 65 TROPHIES

Vermin

18 league titles

5 European Cups

7 FA Cups

8 League Cups

3 Super cups

GRAND TOTAL 59 TROPHIES

OK then take away the shields and the super cups and its 43-41 to us, but I am counting the shields and the super cups because the vermin would.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

shield never even used to be recorded in official united stats not that long ago. it can be a great game though...

remember robson in 83. and the 4-0 v shearer in 96

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
OK then take away the shields and the super cups and its 43-41 to us, but I am counting the shields and the super cups because the vermin would.
They don't count the world club cups so they're still level with us.

And once the Olympic Gold standard system they now want to use comes into play, we're £#%&!ed.

Take a step back and it's so £#%&!ing pathetic. clinging to some meaningless bigger numbers, with all kinds of conditions and qualifiers, to desperately hold the upper hand after a relentless 20 year ambush on their seemingly impregnable number.

Moving the goalposts all the time too.

In 1992 it was 'forever in our shadow. 18 +4.'. Showing us the two basic numbers. The only two that mattered and confidently claiming it would 'forever' be that way. We were sat on 7 + 1. They never would have imagined we'd be anywhere near it. No bullshit needed. The numbers spoke for themselves and we had to St there and take it.

Fast forward 25 years and the absolutely unthinkable nightmare of actually closing that gap and possibly eclipsing it has left them desperately scrapping for some, ANY kind of angle..

".....ugh, um, maybe we can not count this one? How many is that, la? 41? £#%&!! Um, well ours were harder to win in the 70s...what? Does it?? Ah shit! Well, just change it! It's only a twitter profile page, nobody will notice!.....right, what if we Assign ten points per European Cup win...."

No wonder they absolutely £#%&!ing despise. We've ruined their lives.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:50 AM
innit

Quote:
Also they would probably deduct our 2 World/Intercontinental cups making it all square 41-41

So which ever way you look at it its either 65-59, 43-41 or 41-41

they are not ahead of us.

Unread 27-02-2017, 12:51 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
No, they wouldn't because the outcome doesn't suit them; they'd also take off the Intercontinental Cup and the Club World Cup because they haven't won them either. Then they can sit in their little denial slum and still claim we're equal. Apart from the titles they won during the war, obviously.

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:08 AM
Sparky***

You can talk about the numbers game until the cows come home but United have always been a bigger, more glamorous club than Liverpool with a more romantic story and better, more charismatic players. That's just a £#%&!ing fact.

United were blazing a trail in Europe for English clubs whilst they were getting trounced 9-1 by Birmingham City in the old 2nd division.

Even when United were struggling in the 80s we were always more popular than them and it's one of the reasons they hate us so much.

Unread 27-02-2017, 01:47 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
No, they wouldn't because the outcome doesn't suit them; they'd also take off the Intercontinental Cup and the Club World Cup because they haven't won them either. Then they can sit in their little denial slum and still claim we're equal. Apart from the titles they won during the war, obviously.
European Super Cup and the World & Inercontinental Cups? Damn right they should count.
Charity Shield? Nah

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:03 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Nah, one off games and mini tournaments against mostly dross shouldn't be included imo. Nothing cups.

The three (now two of course) European trophies, the league and both domestic cup competitions are all that matter.

Unread 27-02-2017, 02:11 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
Nah, one off games and mini tournaments against mostly dross shouldn't be included imo. Nothing cups.

The three (now two of course) European trophies, the league and both domestic cup competitions are all that matter.
I disagree.

Really really want us to win the Europa as that's the only pot we've not won bar the World Cup, European Championships and Ashes.
Closed Thread