United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:07 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default How many players can we realistically hope to bring in this summer?

Ragnick was right and we still need 10 new players. But it has to happen as fast as possible - can we sign 5-7 this next window?

Or are we likely to hear the same soundbites from the club pretending there's a good base there to work with and that we're having a look at some options?

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:10 AM
believe

We've had ten new players since Rangnick was here so he wasn't quite right.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:11 AM
jem

we could bring in 10 players, but we would have to have scouts who can identify emerging talent that will work hard and complement each other, rather than read the bbc gossip section to get into a bidding war for the likes of eze and olise.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:16 AM
AK14

Depends how many we can shift I suppose but probably 4 or 5 I reckon.

Could add a couple of freebies in there too if the club decide to go for Barkley and the Fulham centre back that are out of contract in the summer.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:17 AM
Lok

Realistically, it'll probably be 3. A CB, DM and a second choice CF.

It wont be enough. If we're honest we need:

NEW

Dalot/AWB---Martinez---NEW---NEW

Mainoo---Bruno---NEW

Garnacho---Hoijland---NEW

Plus squad players: CF, CM, CB.

The wage bill is going to be reduced dramitcally again as a lot of the big earners (Martial, Sancho and probably Varane and Casemiro) and many mid-earners leaving too. So financially it should be possible. And it would be a big statement of intent from Ineos. I just don't think they've got the balls to do what is needed. If they did, they'd have got rid of EtH months ago.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:20 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Realistically, it'll probably be 3. A CB, DM and a second choice CF.

It wont be enough. If we're honest we need:

NEW

Dalot/AWB---Martinez---NEW---NEW

Mainoo---Bruno---NEW

Garnacho---Hoijland---NEW

Plus squad players: CF, CM, CB.

The wage bill is going to be reduced dramitcally again as a lot of the big earners (Martial, Sancho and probably Varane and Casemiro) and many mid-earners leaving too. So financially it should be possible. And it would be a big statement of intent from Ineos. I just don't think they've got the balls to do what is needed. If they did, they'd have got rid of EtH months ago.
They only completed the ‘takeover’ a few months ago pal, no way were they getting shot of the manager on their first day.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
They only completed the ‘takeover’ a few months ago pal, no way were they getting shot of the manager on their first day.
So it's ok for them to go in and call out the IT department for having messy desks because standards matter. But we continue to watch a mess on the pitch and nothing is done about it?

It sets a really poor tone for the start of their stewardship if they keep him around any longer.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:27 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Ideally...

NEW

NEW---Martinez---NEW---NEW

Mainoo-----NEW

-----------NEW--------

Garnacho---NEW---NEW

However, as long as we can bring in absolute top quality (mentally as well as technically & physically), we can make some proper strides next season with a brand new spine. GK - CB - CM - CF

NEW

Dalot---Martinez---NEW---Shaw

Mainoo-----NEW

-----------Bruno--------

Garnacho---NEW---Rashford

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:37 AM
AK14

Quote:
So it's ok for them to go in and call out the IT department for having messy desks because standards matter. But we continue to watch a mess on the pitch and nothing is done about it?

It sets a really poor tone for the start of their stewardship if they keep him around any longer.
You can’t really compare getting rid of IT people to the manager of the football club. The club is a bloated mess so no surprise they started there when they first came in tbf, probably an easy thing to fix asap.

They weren’t going to come in and get rid of the manager, especially when at that point we still had a slim chance of getting CL qualification (contract clauses etc).

I get we’re all fed up of the shit we’re seeing but some of the stuff being said is way overly dramatic imo.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:45 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
You can’t really compare getting rid of IT people to the manager of the football club. The club is a bloated mess so no surprise they started there when they first came in tbf, probably an easy thing to fix asap.

They weren’t going to come in and get rid of the manager, especially when at that point we still had a slim chance of getting CL qualification (contract clauses etc).

I get we’re all fed up of the shit we’re seeing but some of the stuff being said is way overly dramatic imo.
They have to set standards across the board. It's easy to call out a bunch of IT geeks. They should be getting stuck in to gutting this squad and the manager. Setting the tone that what we're seeing isn't acceptable. Firing the manager is usually the first thing new owners do, especially when he's as poor as EtH.

Anyway, that's all for another thread. We needs lots of new players and without them, the next manager is doomed. We can't rely on the perma-injured players like Shaw and Varane. We can't trust that Rashford is going to come good again. We can't continue making the same mistakes.

Many, many need to leave the club and if that means sticking a few kids in whilst we build the squad up then I think that's ok. As long as we can see what the club are trying to do and we start to move forwards. No more 30+ Madrid cast offs. No more £#%&!ing useless players that EtH used to manage. We need players who are hungry and have the right mentality. We can wait for them and build over years as long as we stop bleeding money and give kids a chance in the meantime.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:47 AM
jem

clearly, we need to get rid of big earners and players who aren't pulling their weight, but that's hard to do when no one else will take them at the wages they are on. players who need to go to make space are varane, erkisen, casemiro, martial, rashford, sancho..... then there is the substandard shit like antony and onana. we need the saudis to call.

without buying anyone, if a new manager could actually get a tune out of rashford, greenwood and sancho, we've got a rota of forwards. get martial playing. amad, garnacho and hojlund all good enough. ideally, though, we need to ship half of them out. sadly, we can expect greenwood to be one to go; he used to be the future.

we really need midfielders, though. mainoo is going to drown, otherwise.

10h can't stay.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:52 AM
My Name is Heath

1 quality player
1 journeyman
1 youngster with immense potential who turns out an overrated primadonna

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
They have to set standards across the board. It's easy to call out a bunch of IT geeks. They should be getting stuck in to gutting this squad and the manager. Setting the tone that what we're seeing isn't acceptable. Firing the manager is usually the first thing new owners do, especially when he's as poor as EtH.

Anyway, that's all for another thread. We needs lots of new players and without them, the next manager is doomed. We can't rely on the perma-injured players like Shaw and Varane. We can't trust that Rashford is going to come good again. We can't continue making the same mistakes.

Many, many need to leave the club and if that means sticking a few kids in whilst we build the squad up then I think that's ok. As long as we can see what the club are trying to do and we start to move forwards. No more 30+ Madrid cast offs. No more £#%&!ing useless players that EtH used to manage. We need players who are hungry and have the right mentality. We can wait for them and build over years as long as we stop bleeding money and give kids a chance in the meantime.
And I’m sure they’ll do that come the summer, but they’ve given him the opportunity to show what he can do and some will say he’s failed miserably. In no way were they coming in and sacking him on day one. You said it yourself, it’s easy to ship out IT people and that’s why they did that first obviously.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:39 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
We've had ten new players since Rangnick was here so he wasn't quite right.
I think he probably meant 10 good players in fairness.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:43 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
I think he probably meant 10 good players in fairness.
Well obvs, it’s about the level of his genius. “All the players are shite replace them” yeah cheers pal. Bit like when Van Gaal said he’d have done better if he’d bought five of the best players in Europe.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:55 PM
NedKelly

Personally think if we sign Vinicius Jr, Harry Kane, Declan Rice, Mbappe and one or two others we’d improve.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Personally think if we sign Vinicius Jr, Harry Kane, Declan Rice, Mbappe and one or two others we’d improve.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:59 PM
believe

He’d do well as a steward in the east stand

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:07 PM
MUFC One Love

I think a full revamp is needed. That includes selling Rashford if he doesn't fancy it. It would help our FFP because he has come through from the youth team.

I'd be looking to sell a fair few and just go again, young players and smart signings (you would like to think the new team running the football side of things will have good knowledge).

It can't be any worse and we might actually have a team of players worth getting behind. Who knows where it would take us?

It's utterly pointless carrying on with most of this lot.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
I think a full revamp is needed. That includes selling Rashford if he doesn't fancy it. It would help our FFP because he has come through from the youth team.

I'd be looking to sell a fair few and just go again, young players and smart signings (you would like to think the new team running the football side of things will have good knowledge).

It can't be any worse and we might actually have a team of players worth getting behind. Who knows where it would take us?

It's utterly pointless carrying on with most of this lot.
I think I we get rid of rashford or ten hag, but not both