Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Was a better performance than away at Arsenal last season
Rashford got his first of the season
Hojlund looked the part as an actual centre forward

That’s it

Brighton is an absolutely huge game after the international break
We have to win it
Not feeling confident the way things are going
I know we have a bunch of new signings to still integrate into the team but ETH has to get us playing to a clear style for the full 90 minutes
We're getting closer. In fact one of the positives for me was seeing it start to emerge through the new signings. Onana clearly. Rasmus clearly. I'm seeing Arambat playing the role Eriksen did yesterday, spending a lot of time picking the ball up from the back. Still no idea how Mount fits in though.

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:50 PM
DublinRedDevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Martinelli had him on toast. Thought it was AWB's worst game for quite a while. Dalot on the other hand had Saka in his pocket.
Martinelli is one of their stand out players and was probably their man of the match. I thought AWB did pretty well against him, a solid 6/10 performance given that none of ours gave more than a 7 yesterday.

I get your point above about Amrabat taking over from Eriksen, but I doubt he can deliver the type of pass Eriksen laid on for Rashford yesterday. Still, I'd be very glad to be proven wrong.

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Martinelli had him on toast. Thought it was AWB's worst game for quite a while. Dalot on the other hand had Saka in his pocket.
Agree.

Wan isn’t the best on the ball anyway but yesterday he some how looked even worse. Taking an extra touch to control the ball (so 6) and looked completely lost a few times one v one.

Dalot was impressive against Saka, he didn’t give him any time to settle or get in any sort of groove.

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:20 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Antony's pass completion was 59%, not sure that is looking after the ball well (lowest in the team).

He did OK tracking back.
he won back pretty much every ball he lost. love his attitude. was shit in posssession, though.

Quote:
strongly disagree. neither winger was a factor and wan b and dalot both did well. wan b won every one-on-wan.

dalot was my biggest worry, but was excellent (although saka was even more predictable than antony).

we were very timid for half an hour - asking for trouble - but overall we were very competitive considering the midfield pairing.

I missed the third goal, but de gea would have saved the first two. soz.

Unread 04-09-2023, 02:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:14 PM
Vedder

Big Razzy looks promising
Saka was in Dalot’s pocket all game
Antony worked hard and defended well (probably make a good full back)
Amrabat to come into the side
Probably won’t see that @#%&! Sancho again
Rashford looked dangerous back in his fave position
Garnarcho took that goal brilliantly (seems to have more of an impact coming off bench than starting)

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
you knows it.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:48 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you knows it.
You’re quite the comedian when you feel like it tbf.

Unread 04-09-2023, 05:01 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
David De Gea? This David De Gea?

Like £#%&! he would.

Unread 04-09-2023, 06:00 PM
Travis Bickle

I agree with everybody. Apart from Dunks, obvs

Unread 04-09-2023, 07:57 PM
Denis Irwell

Their two wide players are top quality and have shown it over the past year, at least. Wan and Dalot limited their effect impressively.

Big Raz. He is going to give our mf and wide players somebody to play to. Finally.

Looking forward to Amrabat coming in and giving us what we have been lacking for years.

We’ve made a stumbling start, largely due to that horrendous lack of genuine pre-season. Little wonder players are picking up injuries when suddenly thrust into the reality of the PL action. Glazers prioritising marketing over football. Players gradually reaching match fitness.

Unread 04-09-2023, 08:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
David De Gea? This David De Gea?

Like £#%&! he would.
so, you're judging onana against de gea's worst mistakes? good to see where the bar is set by the de geaters.

a united keeper should be saving those.

Unread 04-09-2023, 09:08 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so, you're judging onana against de gea's worst mistakes? good to see where the bar is set by the de geaters.

a united keeper should be saving those.
But you've just judged Onana negatively based on something that wasn't even an error FFS (first goal - deflected at close quarters) 😁

You've somehow declared, with bullshit certainty, that De Gea would've saved it when all I had to do was go back 5 games in De Gea's career for evidence of him missing a slower shot from greater distance.

I'm not judging anyone - I'm applying the most basic scrutiny to what you said and it's come up as being bullshit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:19 PM
jem

Quote:
But you've just judged Onana negatively based on something that wasn't even an error FFS (first goal - deflected at close quarters) 😁

You've somehow declared, with bullshit certainty, that De Gea would've saved it when all I had to do was go back 5 games in De Gea's career for evidence of him missing a slower shot from greater distance.

I'm not judging anyone - I'm applying the most basic scrutiny to what you said and it's come up as being bullshit. 🤷🏻‍♂️
it wasn't an error, I suppose. it's just that onana doesn't make great saves. still... there's no way of proving it, because de gea didn't face that shot. your belief in onana won't make him a better keeper. your basic scrutiny seems to have as low a bar as your goalkeeping standards.

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:33 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it wasn't an error, I suppose. it's just that onana doesn't make great saves. still... there's no way of proving it, because de gea didn't face that shot. your belief in onana won't make him a better keeper. your basic scrutiny seems to have as low a bar as your goalkeeping standards.
I haven't given you my opinion of Onana as a United keeper, dear old Jem. I've given you my opinion on your assertion that De Gea would've saved the deflected goal yesterday when there's recent evidence that would suggest that he's probably as unlikely to save it as Onana, and maybe less likely, given how routine the West Ham one should've been for him.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, Onana isn't much of a shot-stopper imo. But that doesn't mean that De Gea would've saved it

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Onana literally denied Saka (I think) from the six yard box before the winner ...

A great save.

Unread 04-09-2023, 10:45 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Onana literally denied Saka (I think) from the six yard box before the winner ...

A great save.
The one that was half-hit straight at him? I'm not giving him credit for that!

Unread 04-09-2023, 11:03 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

A great save.
straight at him! lol.

it would have been an error to let that in.

Quote:
I haven't given you my opinion of Onana as a United keeper, dear old Jem. I've given you my opinion on your assertion that De Gea would've saved the deflected goal yesterday when there's recent evidence that would suggest that he's probably as unlikely to save it as Onana, and maybe less likely, given how routine the West Ham one should've been for him.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, Onana isn't much of a shot-stopper imo. But that doesn't mean that De Gea would've saved it
de gea at anything other than his worst saves the first two.

Unread 04-09-2023, 11:09 PM
dunk

Absolute %@#$&!s jem, he wouldn’t get near the first one at his absolute peak.

Second one, maybe, reactions being his strong point, but Onana nearly stopped it and the deflection wasn’t far out, so even that is doubtful.

Unread 04-09-2023, 11:40 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
straight at him! lol.

it would have been an error to let that in.

de gea at anything other than his worst saves the first two.
Right, well 'at anything other than his worst' is quite different to what you originally said. I'm still not fully with you on it but at least you're not as wrong as you were. 😁
Closed Thread