Marcos Alonso 3 8.82%
Sergio Reguilon 3 8.82%
Ryan Bertrand 0 0%
Other (please state) 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-08-2023, 07:40 PM
Coracao

Can't say i'm a big fan of us sending young foreigners to play abroad on loan.

Unread 27-08-2023, 07:41 PM
dunk

Nah, feels like a shop window thing.

Unread 27-08-2023, 07:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Given a consistent run Dalot will be a lot better and more reliable than Shaw anyway.

We need to look at replacing Shaw at left back long term. He can stay as LCB cover.

Unread 27-08-2023, 08:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Given a consistent run Dalot will be a lot better and more reliable than Shaw anyway.

We need to look at replacing Shaw at left back long term. He can stay as LCB cover.
Wtf is wrong with you? Dalot is shite. He’s shown nothing at all above average in his entire time here, RB or LB.

Unread 27-08-2023, 08:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:

WUM too far. Though may have given you Malacia, tbf.

Unread 27-08-2023, 08:20 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Lb incoming then...

Unread 27-08-2023, 09:59 PM
jem

Quote:

this is what happens when people have nonsensical hatred of a player. utter tosh.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:33 AM
windy waffles

Rico Henry in the mix now...

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:34 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He's actually decent, so can probably rule him out.

Unread 28-08-2023, 11:44 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
They’ll want to now standard £50m for him.

Can’t see us doing anything other than a loan. Cucarella makes the most sense.

Unread 28-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Good player him but will be Coachella

Unread 28-08-2023, 04:39 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offerington
Good player him but will be Coachella
Party > Left back.

Unread 29-08-2023, 09:45 AM
Big Norm

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:17 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
A couple of years ago?

This blobby bastard's leg muscles are absolutely drenched in gravy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this is what happens when people have nonsensical hatred of a player. utter tosh.
I don't hate Shaw. Don't be so reductive and silly.

I hate Shaw's stupidity and cowardly nature. I hate that he can't be arsed tracking opposition players. I hate his lack of professionalism which means he comes back every summer with an extra 2 stone hanging off his arse, and we have to keep signing left backs for him to deign to play properly.

I don't hate the human within that blubbery mess though. He was obviously spoiled and indulged hugely as a child.

You Shaw cucks make me laugh though. Been letting us down for going on 10 years now. And you'll be back cooing when he manages to swing in an accurate cross sometime next year like he's Denis Irwin.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
A couple of years ago?

I hate Shaw's stupidity and cowardly nature. I hate that he can't be arsed tracking opposition players. I hate his lack of professionalism which means he comes back every summer with an extra 2 stone hanging off his arse, and we have to keep signing left backs for him to deign to play properly.

I don't hate the human within that blubbery mess though. He was obviously spoiled and indulged hugely as a child.

You Shaw cucks make me laugh though. Been letting us down for going on 10 years now. And you'll be back cooing when he manages to swing in an accurate cross sometime next year like he's Denis Irwin.
He has a good season, every other season . Tbh he’s one of the core players that were around for the scouse and city drubbings.

He’s a good player for us, (or was last season) . It’s a shame , really thought he would step up as a senior player this year. If he does have a reoccurring injury though the LB position will need to be addressed in Jan or next summer. We only really have money for a CM (if that)

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:42 AM
dunk

Was it last year he had to have the pin removed and revealed he’d been playing in pain for years?

It’s a pain in the arse, but let him get himself right.

Quote:
A couple of years ago?

Absolute £#%&!ing state of this btw: an embarrassment of a post.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:48 AM
believe

Quote:
A couple of years ago?

I love you like a brother atticers, I often think of us as kindred spirits but I’m struggling to get on board with this. I think this is his 10th season with us and barring one or two post injury he’s been in the top five performers for me. Not a high bar admittedly but I really don’t see an issue with him.

Unread 29-08-2023, 10:54 AM
jem

shaw has been a consistently good performer, despite injuries and stupid instructions (or lack of them) from stupid managers. but, same as with de gea, if we get a better left back, no one will miss him. the problem is that we don't have either a better lb or a credible replacement.

Unread 29-08-2023, 11:52 AM
shenwen

December? We better get or skates on. I'd go for the Cucerralla fella. Looked good at Brighton. Have a memory of him actually being able to cross a ball. Can give him a pass for last season as everyone at Chelsea was shit.

Unread 29-08-2023, 12:38 PM
AK14

Didn’t he break his leg like 8 years ago or something?

Shit for the guy but it sounds like it could be time replace him and look for an upgrade not some stop gap on loan. He’s 28, been playing top level football since he was 17(?) and if it’s true that leg break is now causing long term problems it would be ridiculous to hold onto him much longer.

All joking aside he did well to even come back from that injury, let alone still playing at the highest level 8 years later.
Closed Thread