United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2023, 06:29 PM
BigJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

We’re not skint, we’re cheap.
Imagine if we had money and bought players.

Unread 30-08-2023, 06:59 PM
Jethro

Quote:
They’ve spent just over £100m and made a shit load back by selling Henderson and Fabinho to Saudi.

They’ve easily got the money for Gravenberch
Not quite how it works mate.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:00 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not quite how it works mate.
Yeah, it pretty much is mate.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:07 PM
Coracao

Would be a weird 'smoke and mirrors' tactic to have a bid of £100m+ accepted for a player.

What's the tactic, to ensure that every club bumps up the price if you go in for any other player subsequently?

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:10 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Would be a weird 'smoke and mirrors' tactic to have a bid of £100m+ accepted for a player.

What's the tactic, to ensure that every club bumps up the price if you go in for any other player subsequently?

They were also bidding £45m for Lavia. I suppose that was %@#$&!s too.

They’ve got money. They’re not much different to us in terms of what they’ve spent in recent years. They can’t go mental like city or Chelsea can, but they’ve shown they’ve got big money when they really need it: Alison, VVD, Nunez, Gakpo, Szlobolozblozblowoz ….
They’ve spent moderately this summer and brought in much more than they could have ever expected for Henderson and Fabinho (said to he around £60m for the pair).

Their net spend (I know I know) is reportedly around £70. They’ve comfortably got the money for a £25-30m punt on this fella without needing £100m+ plus from a Salah sale.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:18 PM
Coracao

Quote:

They were also bidding £45m for Lavia. I suppose that was %@#$&!s too.

They’ve got money. They’re not much different to us in terms of what they’ve spent in recent years. They can’t go mental like city or Chelsea can, but they’ve shown they’ve got big money when they really need it: Alison, VVD, Nunez, Gakpo, Szlobolozblozblowoz ….
They’ve spent moderately this summer and brought in much more than they could have ever expected for Henderson and Fabinho (said to he around £60m for the pair).

Their net spend (I know I know) is reportedly around £70. They’ve comfortably got the money for a £25-30m punt on this fella without needing £100m+ plus from a Salah sale.
Their net spend since summer 21/22 is -185.35m Euros. Ours is -153m for this summer alone.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Their net spend since summer 21/22 is -185.35m Euros. Ours is -153m for this summer alone.
They’re much much better at selling than us. The point that they have money to spend still stands, especially given what they’ve made this summer. If they can afford £100m on Caceido, they can stretch to £30m for Gravenberch.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:52 PM
AK14

After losing a couple this will be their 4th midfield signing of the summer.

£#%&! I hate these parasitic @#%&!s running our club.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
After losing a couple this will be their 4th midfield signing of the summer.

£#%&! I hate these parasitic @#%&!s running our club.
Yep. They needed midfielders and they got them. Simple. That attack will always rattle in goals. The defence isn’t what it once was and they’ll struggle to match the consistency of previous seasons, but I expect them to be right up there this season.

Very unfancied after last season, but we’ve seen them do something similar in 2021 and they came right back the next season.

Unread 30-08-2023, 07:59 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yep. They needed midfielders and they got them. Simple. That attack will always rattle in goals. The defence isn’t what it once was and they’ll struggle to match the consistency of previous seasons, but I expect them to be right up there this season.

Very unfancied after last season, but we’ve seen them do something similar in 2021 and they came right back the next season.
Did the same with the forward line too tbf, obviously not the same quality but Klopp wanted replacements and it happened.

At this rate we’ll be starting Maguire at defensive midfield. We’re so low on numbers in the squad it’s ridiculous.

Unread 30-08-2023, 08:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Did the same with the forward line too tbf, obviously not the same quality but Klopp wanted replacements and it happened.

At this rate we’ll be starting Maguire at defensive midfield. We’re so low on numbers in the squad it’s ridiculous.
It helps that the board are aligned with Klopp too. They trust him and the recruitment team. We’ve got Erik trying to convince them of Martinez over Pau Torres and the silly @#%&!s offering a new deal to DDG even though he’s clearly surplus to the manager.

They’ve had their issues with Chelsea nabbing their targets and no team ever gets exactly what they want, but they’re organised. They’ve phased in a new
Forward line and now they’re doing it with the midfield. They’ll target the defence over the next couple of windows.

It’s not £#%&!ing rocket science and this is what Rangnick alluded too.

Meanwhile, we do a couple of promising deals with good efficiency and then it quickly descends into the usual chaos: can’t shift players, lowering asking prices, accepting loans…. Then going for loan players - literally offering £1m like it’s £#%&!ing 1992 and we’re going for Cantona.

All the time pretending it’s all about FFP.

It’s all %@#$&!s. It’s all Glazers. Absolutely nothing changes until they go.

Unread 30-08-2023, 10:17 PM
Seamus

Liverpool are redeveloping their stadium, apparently the costs have gone through the roof and one of the main contractors have gone bust. They haven’t got the money to throw around, the 100 million they would have spent on Caicedo would have been paid over 5 years.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:03 PM
AK14

Signing for Liverpool

€40m

Finger crossed he’s shit and a trouble maker.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:05 PM
Jethro

Probably the best midfielder in the world now.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:07 PM
larry

10h playing tricks again gakpo style

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:08 PM
ZiggyStardust

He’s generally been seen as a bit of a poor man’s Pogba (when Pogba was actually good) albeit puts in a decent defensive shift in midfield

He’ll be decent for them but I don’t think we should be too worried about an Endo and Gravenberch midfield

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:22 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Probably the best midfielder in the world now.
Can tell by the way he runs. Nobody occupies the half spaces quite like him - that level of intelligence will go down a treat at Anfield. They're such an intelligent fanbase.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:26 PM
armchair

Bayern are getting rid because he's simply too good for them.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:33 PM
NedKelly

Remember when Wijnaldum would get called ‘Gini’ by the RAWKinators? I wonder what they’ll call this guy.

Unread 31-08-2023, 07:42 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Remember when Wijnaldum would get called ‘Gini’ by the RAWKinators? I wonder what they’ll call this guy.
Gravy?
Closed Thread