United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Default A day after Ferguson says he will keep transfer targets quiet....

...we're strongly linked with Eto'o, Nani and a few others.

Are the media allowed to just invent these stories or do they need some kind of proof to write the story?

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
dakpul

They're only allowed to publish them if it's true, against the law otherwise.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Not sure what your point is but there's months of it ahead so get used to it.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
magic_cantona

I liked it best when we were 'linked' with Harry Kewell.

I liked it even better when he said he'd 'chose Liverpool' because we were 'on a downward spiral'.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:45 PM
turkred

Journalists in fabricating story to boost circulation shocker

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Spiffy

This is what's known in the trade as "Season Ticket Sales Time". Basically they make up stories about who we may be buying in order to get everyone renewing their ST's. See last year and every year for further examples. If we were after Eto, there's no way we'd want to alert Chelsea, the fact that this is story is everywhere tells me that we aren't seriously going to get him.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
This is what's known in the trade as "Season Ticket Sales Time". Basically they make up stories about who we may be buying in order to get everyone renewing their ST's. See last year and every year for further examples. If we were after Eto, there's no way we'd want to alert Chelsea, the fact that this is story is everywhere tells me that we aren't seriously going to get him.
I'm fairly sure most of Uniteds loyal fans will renew their STs on the basis of us returning to the attacking style of football that made the club famous. I think the chance to see another season of skill and class from the likes of Ronnie, Rooney, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and the rest is good enough. See we only signed Carrick last summer and the ground was full all season. Then again I support Manchester United Football Club.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
The Return of JC

I like the phrases and the images they conjure up.

'X in come and get me plea'

Image: A pathetic expression on the face of X as he crawls on his knees to OT shouting 'Please. I'm dying to play for you. Please. COME AND GET I'M RIGHT HERE!'

'X puts Man U on red alert'.

Gill and Fergie are sat at OT reading the paper. Relaxed. Laid back. Not a care in the world. Suddenly, a piercing alarm sounds. Fergie and Gill jump from their seats. They turn to the wall to see the UNSETTLED PLAYER alarm flashing red and buzzing frantically.
Fergie: 'Quick Dave. To the Poach-mobile!'
Fergie and Gill slide down seperate poles. The transition from there to the Transfer Cave is simply a spinning United crest.

'X tops Fergie's shopping list'

This is my favourite. Just the very notion that Fergie has a A5 lined piece of ring binder paper, folded into four, that he must refer to in case he forgets who his targets are.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm fairly sure most of Uniteds loyal fans will renew their STs on the basis of us returning to the attacking style of football that made the club famous. I think the chance to see another season of skill and class from the likes of Ronnie, Rooney, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs and the rest is good enough. See we only signed Carrick last summer and the ground was full all season. Then again I support Manchester United Football Club.
Oh aren't you great . Could you explain why we were persistently linked with Ballack then? We were also buying Hargreaves, the year before Owen was nailed on. Torres has been linked for ages, as have loads of players. I've lost count the number of times Ronaldo (fat) has been linked. Surely it can't always be the papers, some of this is just to keep the fans going, no?

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
I think the chance to see another season of skill and class from the likes of ......Rooney
He's shit mate. No left foot remember?

(I'm not going to let that one drop incase you hadnt noticed )

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
He's shit mate. No left foot remember?
He should train with Daniel Day Lewis.

Btw, you ait suggesting this was an opinion of mine?

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Baron

Quote:
Fergie: 'Quick Dave. To the Poach-mobile!'
Fergie and Gill slide down seperate poles. The transition from there to the Transfer Cave is simply a spinning United crest.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:00 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
With that music over the transition that just goes 'Daddle daddle daddle dadda daa!'

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Tropical

Default It's a cunning double-bluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
A day after Ferguson says he will keep transfer targets quiet.......we're strongly linked with Eto'o, Nani and a few others.
to throw our competitors off the scent of our real targets: Duscher, Nolan and Bent*.

[SIZE="1"]*Not Darren. The other one.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Tropical

Thumbs up Good work, bedders.

Quote:
Then again I support Manchester United Football Club.
As any Miss Whiplash can testify, there's nothing like a slapped arse to ensure real redness.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
...we're strongly linked with Eto'o, Nani and a few others.

Are the media allowed to just invent these stories or do they need some kind of proof to write the story?
Eto'o, Nani and everybody else have kept quiet.
According to Title of this Thread Fergie is going to keep them quiet.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
silv

if we sign any of those players i shall eat my hat

and their goal should they score

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
As any Miss Whiplash can testify, there's nothing like a slapped arse to ensure real redness.
when does rugby season start for you?

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Tropical

Default I dare you

to make less sense, violet.

Unread 09-05-2007, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical
to make less sense, violet.
I didn't get that either, I'm fairly sure you were being nice?
Closed Thread