United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:14 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Jose leaves the bridge. Mass exodus. First in the queue for the magnificant Michael Essien.
WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!! Sleeping in the office.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Serenity Now

The Guardian reckon that Sidwell to Chelsea is a done deal.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:27 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
WAKE UP!!! WAKE UP!!!! Sleeping in the office.
Be good though.

I don't think he's human.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:28 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
The Guardian reckon that Sidwell to Chelsea is a done deal.
So they're signing a midfielder who'll essentially only be used for 6 weeks.

Nothing like a youth system Jose, promoting from within etc.

Welcome to the end of your career Steve.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
So they're signing a midfielder who'll essentially only be used for 6 weeks.

Nothing like a youth system Jose, promoting from within etc.

Welcome to the end of your career Steve.
You can never overestimate the stupidity of footballers, has he never heard of SWP?

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You can never overestimate the stupidity of footballers, has he never heard of SWP?
Sidwell won't get a sniff of a regular spot at Chelsea. Do they have no central midfielders who can step up and cover for six weeks? No one at all?

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Marseille winger Franck Ribery has said that Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan are clubs he "dreams" of joining
Arf! Talk about hedging your bets.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:39 AM
puressence

sidwell ..will be used in jan thats it .. i reckon he would be a great addition to our squad as would a fit micheal owen or id prefer anelka tbh . as for frank ribery i would be peaking forever if he joined

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:40 AM
Baron

Quote:
I'm dusting off my tin hat for this one, but surely £8m for Michael Owen will be a fine bit of business.
Say what you like about him but he's proven quality at the highest level.

Imagine the Dippers reaction too
Given the fact he's 27(?) & has never scored 20 league goals & is an injury prone Welsh dwarf I'd rather we kept Keiron Richardson to play up front to be honest. I £#%&!ing despise the little #@&%! & he's a shit footballer.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:41 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
where did you steal that from phil
Oh, I forgot. Cheeky @#%&!.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:42 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sidwell won't get a sniff of a regular spot at Chelsea. Do they have no central midfielders who can step up and cover for six weeks? No one at all?
African Nations Cup, Essien and Obi out for what, 6 weeks.

EDIT: Scrap that, just read your whole post properly

Onto Owen. His only attribute was his pace and he lost that a couple of years ago. Would be a total waste of money.

Unread 09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Given the fact he's 27(?) & has never scored 20 league goals & is an injury prone Welsh dwarf I'd rather we kept Keiron Richardson to play up front to be honest. I £#%&!ing despise the little #@&%! & he's a shit footballer.
He's not a shit footballer at all. I think he's overrated but he's the type of player that gets put down one week and scores a hat trick the next.

His injuries would be the major stumbling block.

He's scored goals at the highest level and won a European player of the year award.
It wouldn't be like signing Gerrard or Fowler (or even Rooney) in terms of scouseness - he's not even a proper scouser.

There's plenty more despicable players to hate more than him.

Apart from being a bit of a golden boy, he's inoffensive enough.

I'm not saying we should sign him, but £8m for someone who is proven quality is worth a look.

And what's so bad about being 27?

Unread 09-05-2007, 11:36 AM
Baron

Quote:
He's not a shit footballer at all. I think he's overrated but he's the type of player that gets put down one week and scores a hat trick the next.

His injuries would be the major stumbling block.

He's scored goals at the highest level and won a European player of the year award.
It wouldn't be like signing Gerrard or Fowler (or even Rooney) in terms of scouseness - he's not even a proper scouser.

There's plenty more despicable players to hate more than him.

Apart from being a bit of a golden boy, he's inoffensive enough.

I'm not saying we should sign him, but £8m for someone who is proven quality is worth a look.

And what's so bad about being 27?
Being 27 & never been fit or good enough to score 20 league goals is the problem, rather than the age itself. He's had at least two very serious injuries so he's nowhere near as quick as when he was 18, he's shit at holding the ball up & he's a Scouse @#%&!, worse he's a Scouse @#%&! completely & utterly devoted to playing for England than any of his previous clubs. Can't stand him at all, doesn't all stem from him trying to break Ronny Johnson's ankle all those years ago either.

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:19 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Marseille winger Franck Ribery has said that Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan are clubs he "dreams" of joining
Love to see how Franck states most of the top clubs in Europe apart from a certain team who managed to make it to Athens

Unread 09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
TheNew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Being 27 & never been fit or good enough to score 20 league goals is the problem, rather than the age itself. He's had at least two very serious injuries so he's nowhere near as quick as when he was 18, he's shit at holding the ball up & he's a Scouse @#%&!, worse he's a Scouse @#%&! completely & utterly devoted to playing for England than any of his previous clubs. Can't stand him at all, doesn't all stem from him trying to break Ronny Johnson's ankle all those years ago either.
Beautifully put fella. I can't stand the thought of the little #@&%! playing for United. He's as bad as £#%&!ing Louis as far as injuries go (in recent years at least) and he's well past his best. He was burnt out when he left Liverpool for £#%&!s sake after they flogged him to death in his development.
Closed Thread