United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So todays transfer gossip on the beeb!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/6637643.stm

Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o is Manchester United's top transfer target. (Daily Mail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...id=1779 &ct=5

Manchester United want to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Nani in a £17.5m swoop. (Daily Mirror)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html

Tottenham are determined to hang on to striker Dimitar Berbatov, despite growing interest from Manchester United. (Daily Mirror)

Berbatov's agent Emil Dantchev says the forward is likely to remain at Spurs. (The Guardian)

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...name_page.html

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_...075353,00.html

Marseille winger Franck Ribery has said that Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan are clubs he "dreams" of joining. (The Independent)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane wants to make on-loan Manchester United defender Danny Simpson a permanent signing. (Daily Mirror)

A £9m release clause in Newcastle forward Michael Owen's contract has alerted Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea. (Various)

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Manchester United want to sign Sporting Lisbon midfielder Nani in a £17.5m swoop. (Daily Mirror)
Isn't Nani's release clause £13.5m or so?

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Skag Trendy

I think they get their stories from WUM's on message boards.Iv never seen them get any United transfer targets right.

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Isn't Nani's release clause £13.5m or so?
Sporting wanted him to extend his current contract with a new release clause circa £17.5million. He didn't. Any fee for this lad will be closer to £8million IMO.

Tbh I've not seen him play. Heard good things but don't know much about the lad. Looks a bit lightweight from the pictures I've seen.

However Red News have been reporting for the last few months that we're in talks with Sporting. It won't please them, know they're going to lose another talent, but I'm sure the money will help. They need as much as they can get apparently.

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sporting wanted him to extend his current contract with a new release clause circa £17.5million. He didn't. Any fee for this lad will be closer to £8million IMO.

Tbh I've not seen him play. Heard good things but don't know much about the lad. Looks a bit lightweight from the pictures I've seen.

However Red News have been reporting for the last few months that we're in talks with Sporting. It won't please them, know they're going to lose another talent, but I'm sure the money will help. They need as much as they can get apparently.
£17 million is just plain ridiculous.The lad's hardly played and reminds me of a new born giraffe at times, though I've only really seen him on youtube.

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
£17 million is just plain ridiculous.The lad's hardly played and reminds me of a new born giraffe at times, though I've only really seen him on youtube.
There is no way he'll cost anywhere near £17million. Not a chance. More chance of me getting on the pitch tonight, kicking Terry in the #@&%! and pulling the dutch cap of Cech's head.

Unread 09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
violater

Quote:

where did you steal that from phil

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
where did you steal that from phil
Read the rest of my post. Red News.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
There is no way he'll cost anywhere near £17million. Not a chance. More chance of me getting on the pitch tonight, kicking Terry in the #@&%! and pulling the dutch cap of Cech's head.

So £8 million for a raw but talented winger and a mate for Ronnie? I'll go with that.

Seems Michael Owen's being pimped for United again in a lot of papers, supposedly has an £8 millionish get out clause.

I think the OH deal will go through, just think United are laying down a marker to tell Bayern we're nomugs.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:

My arse we will sign Eto'o
How much is he likely to cost?

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Whalefish

I don't know about Owen tbh. I'd like to think we'll bring in 2 forwards if/when Saha is sold but I'm expecting it to be just the one. Thus - IMO - leaving us a bit short up front next season. I'd like to think Ole might be able to contribute next year but I doubt it.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
puressence

frank ribery

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:05 AM
The Return of JC

I'm dusting off my tin hat for this one, but surely £8m for Michael Owen will be a fine bit of business.
Say what you like about him but he's proven quality at the highest level.

Imagine the Dippers reaction too

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I don't know about Owen tbh. I'd like to think we'll bring in 2 forwards if/when Saha is sold but I'm expecting it to be just the one. Thus - IMO - leaving us a bit short up front next season. I'd like to think Ole might be able to contribute next year but I doubt it.
He'd be a decent cheapish signing if we brought in another striker and £#%&!ed off Saha. Maybe Bent and Owen in, Saha out?

What chance do you think United might look at De Rossi if the OH deal becomes problematic? I'm a fan of Hargreaves but would prefer De Rossi.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
frank ribery
Great innit, says he'd love to sign for any of the top clubs in Europe. What a story.

Whalefish

I like De Rossi as a player but if it's true he racially abused Eric Abidal then no thanks.

turkred

Quote:
should be good for nodding a few in at the far post

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I like De Rossi as a player but if it's true he racially abused Eric Abidal then no thanks.
Fair enough. Him and OH aside I can't think of a midfielder I'd want at United who would fit in with what we actually need though.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:09 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Fair enough. Him and OH aside I can't think of a midfielder I'd want at United who would fit in with what we actually need though.
Jose leaves the bridge. Mass exodus. First in the queue for the magnificant Michael Essien.

Unread 09-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
His form hasn't been great for the majority of the second half of this season and, perhaps more importantly, he only has just over a year left on his current deal. So although £8m sounds a little on the low side to me, it's certainly much closer to reality than £17m.
Closed Thread