United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Default All the media etc now.

Writing articles on about how good we are and how good Fergie is etc.

£#%&! off, you was writing articles slating the club and the "demise" and the "end of an era" now you're on the bandwagon, £#%&! off we don't need you.

That goes for a few of our "fans" with their ridiculously gloomy predications for this season.

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:19 AM
£#%&! KFC

I take it you are including Red Issue when you say all the media

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:23 AM
utd82

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comme...861270,00.html

Quote:
The time is now

Liverpool's long wait for a 19th league title could be about to end, says Les Roopanarine

Wednesday August 30, 2006
Guardian Unlimited

As Jose Mourinho struggles to find a workable system for his new galacticos and Owen Hargreaves resigns himself to another season in the Bundesliga, there will be much gleeful hand-rubbing on the red half of Merseyside. At no time since their previous title in 1990 has Liverpool's return to the league-winners' circle looked more likely.

Under the cerebral stewardship of Rafael Benitez, Liverpool have accumulated not just Champions League and FA Cup trophies in successive seasons, but a squad to bear comparison with Chelsea's.

Article continues
As Damien Duff was stepping through the Stamford Bridge exit door this summer, taking with him a significant dimension of Chelsea's attacking threat, two speedy, skilful wingers in Mark Gonzalez and Jermaine Pennant were arriving in L4 to bolster a midfield already b#@&%! with talent.

What Sir Alex Ferguson would give for just one of Liverpool's central triumvirate of Xabi Alonso, Steven Gerrard and Mohamed Sissoko, the Mali international who so thoroughly outshone Frank Lampard and Michael Ballack en route to being named man of the match in the Community Shield. Sissoko's strapping presence alongside Gerrard and Alonso gives Liverpool arguably the most potent combination of strength, creativity and passing ability in England.

Add these qualities to a defence that conceded only three goals more than Chelsea last season, and an attack bolstered by the addition of Dirk Kuyt, so impressive on his debut at the weekend, and Craig Bellamy, and the Merseysiders have solid grounds for optimism. Indeed, buoyed by the arrival of Benitez's latest recruits, Liverpool look to have regained the cutting edge they lost the day that Michael Owen departed for Real Madrid - but with the important proviso that they are no longer reliant on one player alone for goals.

Gerrard, Alonso, Riise, Bellamy, Kuyt, Luis Garcia, Robbie Fowler are all capable of finding the net regularly, and even the much-maligned Peter Crouch has scored five goals in his last five game for club and country. Factor in the goal-scoring pedigree of Kuyt, who netted 71 times in 101 league games for his former club Feyenoord, and the dead-ball prowess of Fabio Aurelio, another summer acquisition, and Liverpool's attacking repertoire begins to look positively kaleidoscopic.

Granted, with three league wins in succession Manchester United have emerged as the Premiership's early pacesetters. But over the course of a full season Ferguson's side lack the depth to mount a sustained title challenge, with central midfield an obvious area of concern. Michael Carrick has many qualities, but he is plainly not the midfielder enforcer needed to replace Roy Keane. Hargreaves may well be, and for that reason United's failure to recruit the Bayern Munich man could prove costly.

Two more factors mark out Liverpool as potential champions. The first is Jose Mourinho's obsession with the Champions League. Ironically, Mourinho may be stymied by his own success: having won the league twice, he has already made an indelible mark on Stamford Bridge history. Now there is nowhere left to go bar Europe.

As Chelsea gorge on the financial feast that is the Champions League, they may be distracted from the bread-and-butter of the league. Conversely, at Anfield the appetite for a 19th title grows ever stronger. This could just be the season when a team already good enough to win the Champions League and FA Cup acquires the stamp of greatness.

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:25 AM
£#%&! KFC

19th title my £#%&!in arse

how long before next year is their year

you can't win the league on penalties...fact

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Ed Sullivan

I don't have a problem with people who were critical and fearful amidst the takeover and debt...

I don't agree with but don't hate the people who lost a bit of respect for Fergie and his actions during the takeover...

I do have a problem with people who continuously labelled him as tactically inept and not up to the job anymore...

I do have a problem with the people who said we would finish anywhere outside the top 3 and insisted that we we're a spent force

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:29 AM
£#%&! KFC

I do have a problem with people who continuously labelled him as tactically inept and not up to the job anymore...

that will be Red Issue

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Zorg

'It's still on'

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:34 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

that will be Red Issue
which is why I don't buy it anymore...

seriously I can see the point of view of some fans who felt slightly betrayed by him at times and his comments/actions towards them. He's not flawless, but who in football is. He's not a manager of the people, I don't think he ever was or will be. That's not even something I necessarily dislike about him..

But on the pitch, he continues to prove his doubters wrong, and I know it's a cliche but he really is the only man for the job. Long may his legacy continue.

Unread 08-05-2007, 12:35 AM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

my sentiments exactly

Unread 08-05-2007, 01:34 AM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
'It's still on'

your best post on this board

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:31 AM
jem

But over the course of a full season Ferguson's side lack the depth to mount a sustained title challenge, with central midfield an obvious area of concern. Michael Carrick has many qualities, but he is plainly not the midfielder enforcer needed to replace Roy Keane. Hargreaves may well be, and for that reason United's failure to recruit the Bayern Munich man could prove costly.

but who would argue with that? (never mind who would have.)

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Terry Silver

Many, inside the media and outside (including reds), thought United were on a downward spiral.

That he has won the title, despite losing the likes of Keane and RVN, whilst working on a tight budget compared to Chelsea's endless supply of money, is being rightfully commended.

Would you rather they just slated us and said it was all down to luck and Chelsea's injuries?

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:47 AM
jem

Default incidentally

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when we play a decent team with a mobile, hard-tackling and ball-retaining midfield, we will need to be flexible and we are going to look a bit weak. and god help us if giggs and scholes start to feel their legs. we have a pitifully thin squad and it will be a miracle if we win the league. and if we do win it, I will not thank fergie, but our good fortune.
29/10/2006 :0)

Unread 08-05-2007, 04:46 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Writing articles on about how good we are and how good Fergie is etc.

£#%&! off, you was writing articles slating the club and the "demise" and the "end of an era" now you're on the bandwagon, £#%&! off we don't need you.

That goes for a few of our "fans" with their ridiculously gloomy predications for this season.
couldn't agree more. in fact....

http://utdforum.com/showpost.php?p=305378&postcount=5

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:14 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

It's a bit much saying Fred Tissue was saying fergie was not tactically up to the job. From what i remember it was only puressence and one or two other nutters that were banging that drum.

Red issue critisised signings such as djemba, kleberson and miller etc (and rightfully so). Red issue was not happy with him making comments such as 'go and watch chelsea' and 'the glazers are fantastic' but never claimed he was a shit manager leading us to relegation.

The truth of the matter is that most united fans didnt really think we were going to win the league at the beginning of the season, most predictions were that we'd end up in the top 5.

Unread 08-05-2007, 05:48 AM
Rex7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
It's a bit much saying Fred Tissue was saying fergie was not tactically up to the job. From what i remember it was only puressence and one or two other nutters that were banging that drum.
One or two others, sir? Not playing the hindsight game, but let's not make it out like it was one or two WUMs on there saying those things.

http://208.111.38.218/showthread.php...ht=fergie+@#%&!
http://208.111.38.218/search.php?sea...&pp=25&page=15

Unread 08-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Those links just show the usual suspects... the ones i'm talking about...

But they are forumistas (most if not all are now on here) and dont represent Red Issue... I just think saying it was 'Red Issue' slagging fergusons football management skills is the wrong thing to say - you might as well say 'Fred Tissue'...

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:40 AM
puressence

my issues with ferguson are more to do with him as a person

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
my issues with ferguson are more to do with him as a person
ah, so it's not the lack of a defensive midfielder or his reliance on a lonely striker away in europe (after saying we'd attack)?

he's a @#%&! as well, but let's not pretend he's a tactical genius. he can spot a player and motivate a team, but he's got no %@#$&!s when it comes to the big games. I bet he plays 4-5-1 in the cup final as well. ;0)
Closed Thread