United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Sparky***

Default I think that's it now

For United as a club competing at the top level anyway. We had a good run, 20 odd years of unmatched success but we've basically done a Liverpool now and I can't see us winning a title of any note for the foreseeable.

Top 4 isn't guaranteed either. City and Liverpool will finish miles above us but depending on how Chelsea take to the Europa league if they bother trying to win it or not... and how Arsenal take to a new manager....it's quite plausible we could finish outside the top 4 again for the 4th time in 6 years.

If we make the last 16 of the champions league that's about our level and we might even challenge for the league cup if we're lucky, obviously a lot depends if Mourinho has £#%&!ed it off by then which if so, don't count on even scraping a cup as consolation.

Oh, and I'm getting this out here now... United won't win 4 of those opening 10 games.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Lok

Doom.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Seamus

ok I will turn the lights out on the way out on Friday night

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:36 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Red Al

Maybe

But would you take about 5 years of this to get the gimps to £#%&! off as the cash cow will have been milked

I would

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:37 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
For United as a club competing at the top level anyway. We had a good run, 20 odd years of unmatched success but we've basically done a Liverpool now and I can't see us winning a title of any note for the foreseeable.

Top 4 isn't guaranteed either. City and Liverpool will finish miles above us but depending on how Chelsea take to the Europa league if they bother trying to win it or not... and how Arsenal take to a new manager....it's quite plausible we could finish outside the top 4 again for the 4th time in 6 years.

If we make the last 16 of the champions league that's about our level and we might even challenge for the league cup if we're lucky, obviously a lot depends if Mourinho has f***ed it off by then which if so, don't count on even scraping a cup as consolation.

Oh, and I'm getting this out here now... United won't win 4 of those opening 10 games.
Who are you going to support instead then?

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Who are you going to support instead then?
Team fred.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:42 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Team fred.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:43 PM
redhegemony

£#%&!ing hell get a grip. Miles better off than last year. Shaw is having a run in the team and Young can play right back. Lindenlof is a year on and had a really good World Cup as did Pogba.

We’ve spent 50m on a new midfield player. Sanchez will be settled in.

Maybe we’ll play like a settled team.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Maybe

But would you take about 5 years of this to get the gimps to £#%&! off as the cash cow will have been milked

I would
We already have.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:46 PM
TheFatGoth

I'm not one for hyperbole but today might just be the day that football officially died.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:49 PM
Switching Off

Top at Christmas.

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Top at Christmas.
Only if we release a single

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:53 PM
75Red

Quote:
Only if we release a single

Unread 09-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

we're £#%&!ed long term nqat.

Can't stay at the top forever.

Unread 09-08-2018, 05:24 PM
no fun

Bringing no decent new players in is bad enough, but the real crime is who we haven’t shipped out

Darmian
Jones
Smalling
Fellaini

£#%&!ing deadwood

Unread 09-08-2018, 05:29 PM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
I'm not one for hyperbole but today might just be the day that football officially died.
Don’t worry Dave I’m sure spurs will buy someone in January. Dry your eyes mate.

Unread 09-08-2018, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

It was good while it lasted.

Unread 10-08-2018, 12:15 AM
Marvel7

Don't get the doom tbh, Jose's football ain't the best and I would have liked a couple more signings and a few sales, but we're still in pretty good shape once the full squad is available.

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Fred Matic Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Sanchez

-------------------------------------

Romero

Dalot Smalling Jones Young

Pereira Herrera Fellaini

Mata Rashford Martial

Honestly would only take City's squad over ours. Liverpool have strengthened but still have £#%&! all cover in lots of areas, Spurs bought nobody, Chelsea and Arsenal have bought a few in but are just as likely to be flops than successes.

We haven't closed the gap on City and are a mile from winning the Champions league but things are nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

Unread 10-08-2018, 12:17 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Don't get the doom tbh, Jose's football ain't the best and I would have liked a couple more signings and a few sales, but we're still in pretty good shape once the full squad is available.

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Lindelof Shaw

Fred Matic Pogba

Lingard Lukaku Sanchez

-------------------------------------

Romero

Dalot Smalling Jones Young

Pereira Herrera Fellaini

Mata Rashford Martial

Honestly would only take City's squad over ours. Liverpool have strengthened but still have £#%&! all cover in lots of areas, Spurs bought nobody, Chelsea and Arsenal have bought a few in but are just as likely to be flops than successes.

We haven't closed the gap on City and are a mile from winning the Champions league but things are nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.
Tbh, the squad of players isn't the issue, it's the guy in charge of them.
Closed Thread