United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Are you in favour of Big Jim’s deal to acquire 25% of the club?
Yes 71 71.00%
No 14 14.00%
Not arsed 15 15.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2024, 05:51 PM
Neo

Angry

Marlo penning a post right now about how ten Hag should be monitoring what goes in the recycling bins in the server room.

Old 05-05-2024, 12:45 PM
Jack Duckworth

Standards

Old 08-05-2024, 04:42 PM
larry

Quote:
Sir Jim Ratcliffe cited email traffic statistics to Manchester United staff as the basis for a ban on working from home and told them to seek ­“alternative employment” if they are not ­willing to come to club premises.

United have had a flexible work-from-home policy since Covid but Ratcliffe signalled an end to this ­during an all-staff meeting held in person and via video call last week as part of his tour of Old Trafford and the Carrington training base.

He informed the club’s ­approximately 1,000 ­employees that email traffic dropped by 20% when one of his companies ­experimented with work-from-home Fridays, which he cited as the reason for his diktat.

Ratcliffe believes having all staff on site will allow greater ­productivity and strengthen unity and ­collaboration. To emphasise his message United’s ­minority owner, who uses these working ­methods at Ineos, told the ­meeting: “If you don’t like it, please seek ­alternative employment.”

The news was met with ­bemusement by some staff who view as shortsighted Ratcliffe’s ­explanation for changing their ­working practices. It has also become a humorous topic because there is not enough space in Manchester and at the club’s London premises to accommodate all staff owing to some being used for hospitality and other activities.

A working group has been set up to implement Ratcliffe’s policy. Other challenges to be addressed include dealing with employees who live far from Manchester and London and the fact that some staff are on ­flexible contracts and do not have to work from club offices under their terms.

When Ratcliffe’s buy-in at United was agreed the club said Ineos had been “delegated responsibility for management of football operations” but this is the latest indication his influence stretches further. United’s football staff tend to work from the offices and commercial staff will be more affected by his edict.

During last week’s tour Ratcliffe also ordered ­staff to raise ­standards after describing the level of ­untidiness in offices as a “disgrace” and some dressing rooms as “not much better”.

He is conducting a structural assessment before Omar ­Berrada joins as the chief executive in the ­summer. Berrada is on gardening leave after being headhunted from Manchester City.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...-email-traffic

Old 08-05-2024, 04:45 PM
believe

Players won’t like that.

Old 08-05-2024, 04:49 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Marlo penning a post right now about how ten Hag should be monitoring what goes in the recycling bins in the server room.
Sancho was probably the one keeping the dressing rooms tidy for the u18s and since he was ruthlessly shipped out then the youngsters haven't had a suitable role model to turn to.

Old 08-05-2024, 04:51 PM
no fun

I said big Jim is a @#%&! from day one and I wasn’t wrong

Old 08-05-2024, 05:10 PM
est.1878

Will they be able to obtain percentage rise in "what you havin for your tea" chat stats when they return

Higher emails in office was 50p the chain email to sort out what time getting to the bishops and who's pre ordering and the other 50pc flirting/borderline harassment of the interns

Old 08-05-2024, 05:17 PM
Finport Red

‘The coaching team have so far failed to comment on the matter, though we know they’ve read the email.’

Old 08-05-2024, 06:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
I said big Jim is a @#%&! from day one and I wasn’t wrong
Imagine expecting people to go into their place of work. What a monster.

Old 08-05-2024, 06:15 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Martial hasn't been into his in years.

Old 08-05-2024, 06:17 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Cheeky bastards watching Countdown but claiming ovetime, at time and a half. Very United that

Old 08-05-2024, 06:21 PM
est.1878

Credit cards being recalled...

Quote:
TUPE with tuchel

Old 08-05-2024, 06:27 PM
no fun

Quote:
It’s his general tone…if you don’t like it seek employment elsewhere

Shades of Norman tebbit

If he turns united round (he won’t) I’m sure my opinion will soften but he’s an anti trade union brexit Tory bastard so I just can’t warm to him

Old 08-05-2024, 06:59 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Martial using Sparky's log in

Old 08-05-2024, 07:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
It’s his general tone…if you don’t like it seek employment elsewhere

Shades of Norman tebbit

If he turns united round (he won’t) I’m sure my opinion will soften but he’s an anti trade union brexit Tory bastard so I just can’t warm to him
Billionaire petrochemical boss in not being lefty shocker.

Old 08-05-2024, 07:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Billionaire petrochemical boss in not being lefty shocker.
Yes yes yes I know we were never getting mick lynch and Arthur scargill as co owners, but I just don’t like the cut of big Jim’s jib

Old 08-05-2024, 08:36 PM
est.1878

Sure there's people who know more on here but you can't force people with remote working stated in their contract to work from office just because change of ownership (and is it even that).

I think AI compulsory cam monitoring is close anyhow

Old 08-05-2024, 08:38 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
Sure there's people who know more on here but you can't force people with remote working stated in their contract to work from office just because change of ownership (and is it even that).

Big Jim wanted to make strike action illegal so I don’t think an irrelevance such as written contracts will bother him

Old 08-05-2024, 08:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post

if you can work from home across the country what's to stop them just getting someone halfway across the world to do it for half your wages?

Old 08-05-2024, 09:08 PM
est.1878

Quote:
if you can work from home across the country what's to stop them just getting someone halfway across the world to do it for half your wages?
Nothing. And it's been going on for many years. Some cluster £#%&!s due to poor English and time zone constraints are main drawbacks. 95pc people I work with I will never meet f2f