United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 30-01-2024, 04:01 PM
wiganste

Default Wolves on Thursday

Struggling to get even remotely arsed about this.

Along with West Ham, it's the worst away of the season. 20:15 on a Thursday night makes no £#%&!ing sense and is a @#%&! for us travelling

Anyway, team will be the same as Sunday with Onana replacing the Turk?

Can't really see any other changes unless Rashford can be arsed and he puts Garnacho on the right in place of Antony?

Win and we'll probably stay 8th
Lose and we could drop down to 11th if the other results go against us

Unread 30-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Win and we'll probably stay 8th
Lose and we could drop down to 11th if the other results go against us
Long since stopped even looking tbh. Genuinely couldn’t tell you the make up of the top 6. Can’t recall being this arsed about football in my lifetime. Sad.

Unread 30-01-2024, 04:18 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

any chance we can delay Onana's plane?

be good to get an away win on the board. antony continues his fine run of form and it's in the bag...

0-0

Unread 30-01-2024, 04:22 PM
Dr Stranger

I’ll enjoy watching Martinez, Mainoo and wish Hojlund all the best

Unread 30-01-2024, 04:28 PM
believe

The problem now is that going in to the second half of the season there’s absolutely no confidence that we can beat anyone. I take it there is no one coming in after tomorrow and I just can’t see this team winning more than 50% of the remaining games. Proper doomlord stuff but it feels more realistic than the optimistic version.

Unread 30-01-2024, 05:17 PM
wiganste

I think no European football for us next season could actually do us some good in the long run

£#%&! that Thursday/Sunday shite.

Unread 30-01-2024, 05:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
The problem now is that going in to the second half of the season there’s absolutely no confidence that we can beat anyone. I take it there is no one coming in after tomorrow and I just can’t see this team winning more than 50% of the remaining games. Proper doomlord stuff but it feels more realistic than the optimistic version.
It’s not without foundation either. We’re making hard work of every game we play. Even against League Two opposition

Still waiting for that penny drop moment

Unread 30-01-2024, 05:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Look forward to e ery.ujited game...

(Before coming on here)

Loads of the injured lads back as we seen in Newport, could hit some good form going forward and push for the top.....

Being on the second half of the season...

Unread 30-01-2024, 05:33 PM
Baron

Having Martinez, Casemiro & Mainoo in the starting XI would be a good start. Suddenly actually look like a side that can pass a football then.

What would be really nice is if they could find any kind of interplay further up the pitch & feed our striker who seems to stand in front of an open goal every game waiting to bag.

Can we have some width please? Simply switch Antony & Garnacho over for the first 45' & see what happens. The formation & actual football has been horrific.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:09 PM
Finport Red

I’m looking forward to this and the next few games because, now that the vast majority of players are getting back to fitness, we should see improvement every week, we should see how the team is meant to play and what the plan actually is.

A couple of decent wins and we could go on a run. Loads seem to forget (some willingly) that we did that last year, particularly at home.

If improvement is to come this season, we will see it in the next few games. Unlike some, I’ll be very happy if it does.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:15 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
It’s not without foundation either. We’re making hard work of every game we play. Even against League Two opposition

Still waiting for that penny drop moment
It won’t happen this season. We still have a dressing room full of @#%&!s and board who are clueless.

Hopefully by the summer the new owners start to implement strategy and discipline from the get go.

Binning rashford is a start.

Regarding the wolves game, expect the same sort of starting XI. I rather he try Amad on the right than Antony but there’s no way he will drop Antony after he scored a goal and assist.

I hope Casemiro can play twice in 5 days after a long lay off. I don’t want to see The Scottish Player start next to big Mainoo-ers

Wolves aren’t what they were a few seasons back , no more neves (I think)

Never expect an easy game with this Man Utd squad the uncertainty is too deeply rooted. We should still win 3-1 , but make extremely hard work of it. Hojlund to continue his goal scoring form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’m looking forward to this and the next few games because, now that the vast majority of players are getting back to fitness, we should see improvement every week, we should see how the team is meant to play and what the plan actually is.

A couple of decent wins and we could go on a run. Loads seem to forget (some willingly) that we did that last year, particularly at home.

If improvement is to come this season, we will see it in the next few games. Unlike some, I’ll be very happy if it does.
Having players who can actually play football helps

Martinez being able to pass through the lines and do it to a high consistent level will help a lot.

I think our biggest weakness is the big holes we leave on the counter. Happened in the Newport game, happened in the spurs game and has happened all season. The man marking high press works well but all it takes is one person #@&%!ing up for it to go tits up.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:17 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
It won’t happen this season. We still have a dressing room full of @#%&!s and board who are clueless.

Hopefully by the summer the new owners start to implement strategy and discipline from the get go.

Binning rashford is a start.

Regarding the wolves game, expect the same sort of starting XI. I rather he try Amad on the right than Antony but there’s no way he will drop Antony after he scored a goal and assist.

I hope Casemiro can play twice in 5 days after a long lay off. I don’t want to see The Scottish Player start next to big Mainoo-ers

Wolves aren’t what they were a few seasons back , no more neves (I think)

Never expect an easy game with this Man Utd squad the uncertainty is too deeply rooted. We should still win 3-1 , but make extremely hard work of it. Hojlund to continue his goal scoring form

Having players who can actually play football helps

Martinez being able to pass through the lines and do it to a high consistent level will help a lot.

I think our biggest weakness is the big holes we leave on the counter. Happened in the Newport game, happened in the spurs game and has happened all season. The man marking high press works well but all it takes is one person #@&%!ing up for it to go tits up.
Usually Bruno.

I think we need Mainoo to come further back, almost alongside Casemiro, to prevent the gap. ETH doesn’t seem to agree though.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Usually Bruno.

I think we need Mainoo to come further back, almost alongside Casemiro, to prevent the gap. ETH doesn’t seem to agree though.
Im pretty sure we are near top of winning possession back in the final third. ( I know that doesn’t win you games) but you get an idea of what the set up is trying to do.

Casemiro is a good CM with defensive capabilities but he is no spring chicken. Eriksen is great on the ball but is another who is out of position easily and cannot make up ground quickly.

Maybe a 4-3-3 suits them better. Until we get a proper CM to partner Kobe , pack the central midfield out so we don’t have a big gap.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:23 PM
believe

Quote:

Don’t fall in to the Fred trap believing some willingly want United to lose, no one on here does. However £#%&! see a plan or what we might look like next year, I’ll wait until next year for that. Is it too much to ask that we might play like a team capable of beating Wolves? I’d just like to watch a game (in my new local in Africa) without shaking my head and muttering “wtf is this shit” every ten minutes.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:27 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Don’t fall in to the Fred trap believing some willingly want United to lose, no one on here does. However £#%&! see a plan or what we might look like next year, I’ll wait until next year for that. Is it too much to ask that we might play like a team capable of beating Wolves? I’d just like to watch a game (in my new local in Africa) without shaking my head and muttering “wtf is this shit” every ten minutes.
I meant the plan that the manager had at the start of the season for this year, not next. I want to see us play like a team capable of beating wolves, and then whoever ones up after that. If it doesn’t happen with all the players coming back, it’s difficult to see that it ever will under ETH.

Oh, and I think you’re wrong on the first point. There are a few on here who would rather we lose every game for the rest of the season so they were right, rather than we win every one and they weren’t.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:28 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Until we get a proper CM to partner Kobe
Preferred 'Big Mainoo-ers'

1-1 Late equaliser from Hojlund.

Unread 30-01-2024, 06:29 PM
believe

Quote:
I meant the plan that the manager had at the start of the season for this year, not next. I want to see us play like a team capable of beating wolves, and then whoever ones up after that. If it doesn’t happen with all the players coming back, it’s difficult to see that it ever will under ETH.

Oh, and I think you’re wrong on the first point. There are a few on here who would rather we lose every game for the rest of the season so they were right, rather than we win every one and they weren’t.
Well yeah there’s plenty who say we want to be relegated after a few defeats but then say we’ll win the league after a win so you’ve got me there.

Unread 30-01-2024, 09:24 PM
Hyman_Roth

Problem is that this lot don’t have anything to play for in the league now. Mid table clubs like ours are so £#%&!ing boring to watch - nothing to win and nothing to lose. No one can be arsed - OT is so £#%&!ing flat and even our away lot are struggling to get excited. This season has been horrific in the worst way - we’ve become totally irrelevant and apart from Nach at Everton, there’s been nothing to excite anyone.

Can’t see anything significantly changing for the rest of the season. Even with injured players returning.

Unread 30-01-2024, 09:44 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
apart from Nach at Everton, there’s been nothing to excite anyone.
and Ant's madness at Newport on Sunday...

Unread 30-01-2024, 10:44 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Problem is that this lot don’t have anything to play for in the league now. Mid table clubs like ours are so £#%&!ing boring to watch - nothing to win and nothing to lose. No one can be arsed - OT is so £#%&!ing flat and even our away lot are struggling to get excited. This season has been horrific in the worst way - we’ve become totally irrelevant and apart from Nach at Everton, there’s been nothing to excite anyone.

Can’t see anything significantly changing for the rest of the season. Even with injured players returning.
Oh well, jump in the bath with the toaster then shouldn't we...

FFS, why all the negativity all the time.... ?

It's so bizarre to me, it's an age thing ?

We have players coming back from injury, fielded a good team against Newport got the job done and a huge 70 minutes in Martinez legs....Antony coming off a madness,

We have Cass and Manioo starting, new owners, structural change...

This place can really bring you down at times...